Real Techniques Face Expert Brush

Hey guys! So we all know just how important it is to have the right makeup brushes to apply our makeup with. No matter how much you invest in your actual beauty products the wrong tools will greatly compromise how your makeup will turn out. So here I am with the first of many makeup brush reviews.
Away we go!

It’s use?: to apply foundation, it could also work to blend out concealer
Is it part of a set or can it be individually purchased?: surprisingly this brush isn’t a part of a set as common with a lot of real techniques brushes. You can by it separately!
Does it do a good job?: yes. This was one of my first foundation brushes and it’s great for the everyday.
What level of foundation coverage is it good for applying?: I’d say light to medium coverage it applies the best. If you are using a watery foundation like the L’Oreal Paris Eau de teint or the urban decay naked skin, it will leave brush strokes so adjust accordingly.
What I personally use it for?: I use it for foundation only
Shape?: it is quite rounded and dense. It’s not one of those flat top foundation brushes but it comes quite close.
Availability: Priceline, I herb.com, (my personal favourite)
Pros: relatively small in size so it’s easy to navigate on the face , blends out the foundation with mineral fuss and is quite dense so it won’t make you lose coverage.
Cons: will leave brush strokes in water based foundations. It requires to be washed much so we than an ever age foundation. I’d say 4-5 uses it starts acting up and then it needs a wash.

Price: $12.63 AUD (from Iherb) / $22.99 AUD (from priceline)
Rating: 8/10
Overall thoughts: this is a good foundation you can’t go wrong with. It does the job well and causes minimal fuss. It’s definitely a brush everyone will benefit from having in their collection and it’s affordable. You may need to purchase multiples so when one is being washed you can use the other one.
Would I repurchase it?: I would. I have two I’m total so far.

That wraps up the review folks. Have you tried this makeup brush? Do you guys love it! Tell me some of the real techniques makeup brushes you’ve tried. I’d love to hear from you guys, don’t be shy to comment.

1. Carina Vardie

March 29, 2016 at 4:07 pm

Awesome review! This is such an amazing brush, though it takes some time to clean and make it look like new, maybe it's just my experience with it.

xo

2. Charlotte

March 29, 2016 at 5:34 pm

I love this post. Another great review! I do find that this brush is more dense than the buffing brush which is why I don't use it as much!
    Charlotte // http://www.charlottespicks.com

3. Miss Jaded Blogster

March 29, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Thank you. Yeah I do notice it needs a good cleaning more often then my other brushes.

4. Miss Jaded Blogster

March 29, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Than you! I tend to lead more towards denser brushes, I guess that's my taste for some reason haha

5. Ambar Syed

March 29, 2016 at 10:00 pm

I love this brush – I actually have two of them. They're so great for applying foundation 🙂
    – Ambar x
    Her Little Loves

6. Nicole Lauren Blake

March 29, 2016 at 10:16 pm

I really don't like this brush – I find it doesn't give the coverage I want. I also feel like the application is only good when it's freshly cleaned. I had such high hopes from this brush from all the great reviews it has!

Nicole | nicolelaurenblake.co.uk

7. Haylee Mae

March 29, 2016 at 11:01 pm

This brush wasn't for me, Im more for flat or stipple style foundation brushes. But I am glad you found one you like! You are right, the right brushes for you are so important to find!

xo, Haylee

8. Miss Jaded Blogster

March 30, 2016 at 5:51 am

It's my go to brush for applying everyday foundations

9. Miss Jaded Blogster

March 30, 2016 at 5:52 am

I definitely avoid using this brush with full coverage foundations. I lean more towards using it with light / medium coverage foundations. I agree when it's not clean it doesn't apply things well

10. Miss Jaded Blogster

March 30, 2016 at 5:53 am

I know what you mean, I typically only enjoy this brush with light/medium coverage foundations, nothing can replace those flat top foundation brushes.

11. Iqra

March 31, 2016 at 11:31 am

I used to use this brush a few years ago and it was a good one! I have to say I'm a beautyblender user these days, or I just stick to the original buffing from from RT but I do like how this brush packs on more coverage than a damp sponge 🙂

Iqra | The Blushing Giraffe

12. Miss Jaded Blogster

March 31, 2016 at 11:53 am

I've just never been able to get into sponges, I find brushes more fun to apply foundation with as weird as that sounds

13. Angela Angeline

April 1, 2016 at 7:08 pm

I have a few RT brushes and while it seems like every one loves them, I am simply not blown away.

Angie | Chocolate & Lipstick | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

14. Miss Jaded Blogster

April 1, 2016 at 9:31 pm

Everyone has their experience, I love them but I notice they do get dirty quickly

15. Becki Lewis

April 3, 2016 at 2:55 pm

Great review! I always think I have this brush until I realise that I'm confusing it with my RT Buffing Brush! I'm so curious to see how the two differ, they look so similar!

Becki, xo
    beautyandthebrunette.co.uk

16. Miss Jaded Blogster

April 3, 2016 at 9:22 pm

Well this brush is a lot denser with a more rounded instead of flat top shape and it's slightly smaller in size. It's good for light to medium coverage foundations in my opinion. The buffing brush is definitely better at dealing with fuller coverage foundations

17. chantelle moore

April 12, 2016 at 2:36 pm

i love this brush , i use it to blend out cream contour and it works soo well
    ♡ chantelle | chanbelle

18. Miss Jaded Blogster

April 12, 2016 at 11:35 pm

I'd imagine because of it's size it would also work for contouring.

19. Nicole's Beauty Babble

April 13, 2016 at 12:49 am

Nicole xx | http://www.nicolesbeautybabble.com

20. Nicole's Beauty Babble

April 13, 2016 at 12:49 am

Great post Hun, I love the RT brushes they are great value for money and are such great quality. Nicole xx | http://www.nicolesbeautybabble.com

21. Nicole's Beauty Babble

Nicole xx | http://www.nicolesbeautybabble.com

26. Nicole's Beauty Babble

April 13, 2016 at 12:49 am

Nicole xx | http://www.nicolesbeautybabble.com

27. Miss Jaded Blogster

April 14, 2016 at 6:47 am

Thank you! I know right, they're awesome.