The Nivea After Shave Balm

Hey there ma peeps! Who would of thought with all the reviews I do that I would be sitting here about to talk to you about a men’s shaving product. Isn’t funny how the beauty community works, one individual discovers a unique product, talks about it then it spreads like wild fire. That’s why I love blogging so much, there’s something magical that ends up happening through reviewing and talking about makeup in general.

Any who! How about I start talking about the product before I go on rambling for another year
Hydrating?:Yes it is quite a hydrating product and is great for applying foundations over the top that lean on the dry side.
Packaging?: Packaging isn’t anything special. It’s slightly tricky to pour out the right amount of product you want but remember this product is targeted at dudes so you can expect cave man packaging.
Targeted skin type: I’d say people with dry/dehydrated to normal skin will love this products. If you have oiler/combo skin you won’t find this primer to be as amazing. Remember primer has just as much to do with your skin type as foundation does.
Does it aid in enhancing the longevity of your foundation?: if you have normal to dry/dehydrated skin you will notice that your foundation lasts very well. This is because this product contains Glycerin. A heavenly ingredient if you have dry/dehydrated skin. It locks in moisturize to sum it up and when using this with foundation, it glues your foundation to your face and makes it last better.
Does it blur pores?:Nope it’s watery in consistency to also work to blur pores.
Does the foundation sit well on top?: Yes. Foundation sits very well over this, it applies smoothly, blends out easily and doesn’t look cakey as your skin becomes well hydrated.
Price: $11.49 AUD
Availability: Priceline, Target. Woolworths, coles and Big W are also possibilities as they do sell Nivea products.
How much product are you given: 100 ml per bottle
Rating:9/10
Overall thoughts: I love this product. I find it quite brilliant how a product that isn’t even a primer and is aimed at men works so well at making your foundation sit better on your face and makes your foundation last well.
Would I repurchase it?:Definitely! I have already purchased a backup.

That wraps up the post. Have you guys tried this product? Tell me your thoughts in the comments below. I hope you all have a lovely day and I’ll see you in the next post.

1. Jasmine Huston

July 5, 2016 at 2:47 am

I picked this up to use a primer but found it didn't do all that much. Sad! At least my boyfriend got to use it hahaha xx

Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

July 5, 2016 at 3:10 am

Well it all depends on your skin types. If you have normal/dry-dehydrated skin it works better. x

3. Charlotte

July 5, 2016 at 12:50 pm

I love how hydrating this product is, even though I've got combination skin I feel the hydration and smoothness is needed for my skin!
    Charlotte // http://www.charlottespicks.com

4. Danielle Beautyblog

July 5, 2016 at 7:29 pm

I love this stuff, just a great budget find! Also, not sure what happens when I try to comment but the page always moves up to the top! Got there in the end!

Danielle's Beauty Blog

5. Ela BellaWorld

July 5, 2016 at 9:47 pm

It is one of the things I want to try, but I am not really sure about it, if that makes sense. I have combination/oily skin so I should test it before actually getting it.

Ela BellaWorld

July 5, 2016 at 10:07 pm

It definitely hydrates and smoothes. I think with skin on the more dry/dehydrated side it's where you notice that it makes your makeup last better. x

July 5, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Yes you should test it, not sure with your skin type you will find it amazing. It's better on normal – dry/dehydrated skin because not only does it hydrate and smooth but it also helps the makeup stay better. But those with an oiler skin type have said to not see it make a difference.

July 5, 2016 at 10:10 pm

I am just so surprised it works so dam well. it really helps my makeup go on nicely. Oh really I didn't know that, sometimes the blog posts do that because it's technically opened on a semi-separate page.

9. Sharmili Rakhit

July 5, 2016 at 11:45 pm

That's so great that it's so hydrating! I may have to try it out when winter comes around 🙂

Mili | Sharmtoaster

July 6, 2016 at 12:03 am

It's really incredible that product aimed at dudes makes an awesome primer.

11. La Coco Noire

July 6, 2016 at 8:33 am

Never thought to use shaving balm as a primer! It's a damn sight cheaper than primers as well so the fact it works well is a bonus!

Katie xx ♥ La Coco Noire

July 6, 2016 at 11:15 am

I know right, leave it to use women to find use out of a man's products. haha

13. Dora Toubanaki

July 6, 2016 at 11:41 am

I love it!! Going to buy this one for sure!
    Dora http://www.BangsBang.com

14. Laura Hassak

July 6, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Such a great post, I really like it 🙂 Interesting product!

xoxo :*
    MY BLOG

15. Leanne Page

July 6, 2016 at 4:34 pm

I have tried this as a primer. I wasn't the biggest fan, it worked ok but i have primers other prefer! Its good that it worked for you though xx

LPage Beauty

July 6, 2016 at 6:51 pm

I have dry skin so this might work out well for me, the best part is my husband can use it too. LOL!

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

July 6, 2016 at 10:48 pm

That is true, sharing is caring haha.

July 6, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Skin type definitely is a factor with this product. x

19. wheetnee

July 7, 2016 at 2:18 am

I've heard about this and it's so cool how it can be used as a primer (AND more affordable that one too!) I would try it if I dind't have so many products already!

Macarons and Mischief

July 7, 2016 at 3:35 am

I know, it's the magic about beauty blogging you discover the most unusual products.

21. Beatrice Brozzoni

July 7, 2016 at 10:13 am

That's so interesting, using a shaving balm as primer! thank you for sharing!
    X

22. Alina Bostan

July 7, 2016 at 10:23 pm

I actually bought this for myself and my other half snatched it to work before I even had the chance to try it out (thinking I had bought it for him haha). Definitely need to pick it up again soon, it's getting so much hype x

Beauty with charm

23. Lulle H

July 7, 2016 at 10:25 pm

I have combo skin so I don't know if it would work for me. But that shows you how primers can be overpriced, when a simple and affordable aftershave can do the same job!

Beaumiroir

July 8, 2016 at 2:53 am

hahaha yeah guys probably don't assume we make this work as primer.

July 8, 2016 at 2:54 am

Definitely you don't need the high end stuff to get a good primer. But yeah oiler skin types won't like this much.

26. Amythepug

July 9, 2016 at 6:50 am

Great post! I have heard so many people rave about this but I am yet to try it! Maybe when the primer I am using at the moment runs out I will pick it up! Anyway great review, thanks for recommending it! X

Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

27. its Jessie and Danni

July 9, 2016 at 9:37 am

My boyfriend actually has this lol I'll need to use it! X

♡ itsjessiejane ♡

28. Bash Harry

July 10, 2016 at 7:17 am

I heard such great things about this but I just never want to use it haha! It looks great but there are plenty more products with Glycerin haha <3

xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

July 10, 2016 at 9:08 am

It may not be everyone's cup of tea. I just love affordable primers that really help my foundation go on better.

30. Tamzin Swann

July 11, 2016 at 7:48 pm

I have oily skin and absolutely love this. Makes me foundation last so long. Wish it had a better dispenser though, goes everywhere xx

Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

July 11, 2016 at 8:56 pm

That's incredible. I keep hearing people with oiler skin types talk about how they didn't like this primer. Then again everyone's skin is different. It is packaging aimed at guys, so you can expect it to be sloppy.

32. Andreea YourBeauty

July 12, 2016 at 9:44 am

I keep seeing people trying this as primer but im not convinced yet. My husband cant use it, the scent is so strong and the alcohol content drys out his skin. x

July 12, 2016 at 10:55 am

It's odd that this works so well but it really does, it all comes down to your skin type.

34. Alice Grace

July 13, 2016 at 8:47 am

I'm still yet to try this out, but can't wait to give it a go – my skin-type is on the drier side, so I'm hoping it works well for me. I might try the sensitive skin version first though, just in case the fragrance is too strong and irritates my face!

Alice / alicegracebeauty.com

x

July 13, 2016 at 11:09 am

The fragrance does smell like a dude but yeah the sensitive one is what initially started the hype. I definitely love it, it's so hydrating and it makes the makeup look fresh all day.

36. Nishi V

July 14, 2016 at 10:53 am

I actually really like the fragrance of this, and it works really well as a primer for me too! I do get some strange looks when people see it in my make-up bag though haha!
    – Nishi x

July 15, 2016 at 9:38 pm

It really is a wonderful wonderful primer

38. All about the base | hydrating + full coverage – The Makeup Aficionado

January 18, 2017 at 10:59 pm

[…] both hydrating and helps to keep your makeup in place all day so it’s essential for this look. | Review | L’Oreal Paris magic blur primer Because I am using a watery type foundation, I like to include […]

39. The different categories of makeup | Is there a difference between drugstore and high end? - The Makeup Aficionado

February 10, 2019 at 9:35 pm

[…] many I’ve liked and that do a lovely job for everyday foundations. The Pixi rose flash balm, the nivea after shave balm, the raw cosmetics wild berry boost primer …. The closest to my favourite affordable primer, even […]