Clearsil Rapid Action Pads

Hey there you guys! Okay it’s review time and I wanted to talk to you guys about a pretty neat skincare product. And it’s one that I discovered watching one of Caroline Hiron’s videos where she talks about budget skincare. Click here to see that video of hers. If you guys don’t know her, she’s basically a skincare wizard with a boss ass blog and YouTube.

So when I heard her mention it I had to get it. Okay that’s that. Now I am going to stop my rambling and actually get on with the review.
Targeted skin type: There is no optimum skin type associated with this product. I guess if you have sensitive skin you may not like it. This is because it can feel like a slight sting during the times your skin has a lot of blemishes. Embrace the sting! It means it’s doing its job.
Facts about this skincare product: It claims to reduce pimple size in 4 hours. Now I don’t notice crazy quick results but I do feel like by including this in my skincare routine my overall complexion is time and so when I do breakout it doesn’t look too shocking for long.
What is its purpose: It’s a toner soaked cotton round. This kind of toner I’d say is more for acid toning purposes. I usually follow up with a spray toner as well. Its purpose is to control break outs.
Packaging: Pretty standard packaging. Short plastic tub with a lid which you want to close tightly, you don’t want the cotton rounds to lose moisture. A sort of annoying thing is once your half way through the action pads they become a little difficult to get out of the tub.
How much product do you get?: You get 65 pads
Does it achieve this? I do notice that these toner pads do help with reducing the blemishes on my skin.
Did it irritate my skin? It doesn’t irritate my skin, any stinging felt is usually over active blemishes. If you do have very sensitive skin, tread lightly because this could very well irritate it.
How many times a week do you use it? I use it every day.
Morning or night? I use it every morning. You can use it both morning or night, I just like using it for the morning time.
Formula: The pads are very moist and nicely soaked in the toner so they aren’t dry or anything like that. The pads themselves also have a slight roughness to them so it makes it more efficient at removing dirt.
Pros: Affordable, cleans the skin, removes dirt, helps with blemishes, pads have a slightly rough texture which makes them remove the dirt of your skin better.
Cons: Once you’re half way through the tub it is a bit more annoying to get the pads out as you end up getting out multiples instead of a single pad.
Price: $14.49 AUD
Availability: Priceline, Target
Rating: 7.5/10
Overall thoughts: These are very nice action pads. They help reduce break outs and I do find that it does help make my complexion clearer. This is definitely a good product to check out.
Okay that is a wrap on the post. Have you guys tried this? What are your thoughts? What toning pads have you guys been loving? Drop a comment and let me know. I hope you all have a great day and I’ll see you in the next post.

1. Georgiana

October 19, 2016 at 10:46 am

I have tried some pads from a different company but didn`t notice a big difference, to be honest. I might give these a go, they are quite cheap and sound promising.

1. themakeupaficionado

October 19, 2016 at 9:15 pm

I’m still on the look out for exfoliating pads that do wonders on my skin.

2. wheetnee

October 21, 2016 at 1:26 am

I’m into pads like these now, they’re so good for travelling instead of carrying a bottle of toner! Will check these out!

Macarons and Mischief

1. themakeupaficionado

October 21, 2016 at 8:21 pm

I’m still trying to find the right one that really changes my skin but they are very convenient.

3. wheetnee

October 21, 2016 at 1:26 am

Macarons and Mischief

4. ibreathemakeup

October 22, 2016 at 9:43 am

I swear I need something like this!!! My spots come and go as they please.

ibreathemakeup | http://iibreathemakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

1. themakeupaficionado

October 23, 2016 at 8:04 pm

I know your feels girl, my skin is currently acting whacky.

5. Erin

October 23, 2016 at 2:02 pm

These are SUCH a throwback item, I used them all the time as a teen and lvoed them! will need to give them another go lol

Erin || MakeErinOver

6. Erin

October 23, 2016 at 2:02 pm

Erin || MakeErinOver

1. themakeupaficionado

October 23, 2016 at 8:05 pm

They are an OG type item I got into them late in the game.

7. themakeupaficionado

October 23, 2016 at 8:04 pm

I know your feels girl, my skin is currently acting whacky.

8. Trishna

October 27, 2016 at 11:55 am

I always see them in Boots, here in the UK but I am always so skeptical because my skin isn’t so great and I fear that anything new will just irritate it! Have a lovely Weekend 🙂

tipscapsule.blogspot.com

1. themakeupaficionado

October 29, 2016 at 9:51 pm

That’s understandable, what made me try them was that caroline hirons did speak about them.

9. Trishna

October 27, 2016 at 11:55 am

tipscapsule.blogspot.com

1. themakeupaficionado

October 29, 2016 at 9:51 pm

10. Alina Bostan

October 29, 2016 at 9:52 am

If Caroline Hirons mentions it then you know it’s going to be good. i’m currently using a much stronger toner Alpha Gold as I got a deluxe sample and find it really effective in my skincare routine overall x

Beauty with charm

1. themakeupaficionado

October 29, 2016 at 9:51 pm

I know right, she mentioned them once in a budget skincare video and just her talking about them I knew they couldn’t be bad. I want to try that alpha gold, I need something more strong since most don’t make a huge impact on my skin.