The Blogging Edit | 10 Fool Proof Beauty Posts Loved By All

Are you currently experiencing writer’s block? Is your creativity tank running low? Then have I got the post for you. (I don’t know what that sounded like a infomercial). I figured since my last post was launching a brand new blog series I thought I’d kick off another one from this current post I am doing where I share to you guys the tips I have learnt whilst blogging. I’ve only done one of these so far but you will be seeing a lot more of them. To see the first post from this series, click on its name – 7 things you should know about blogging

Today I wanted to talk to you guys about beauty posts that are fool proof and always enjoyed for when you’re creative high is running low.

Sounds cool? Then let’s jump in shall we!

1.      Beauty favorites | Whether it’s on a monthly basis which seems to be popular in the blogging/youtube world or every now and then you just update people on what products you have been loving. I definitely do it on a monthly basis, I tried it and it didn’t work out for me. I do this in what I call the beauty favorites edit. The link will take you to the label that will show you all the posts related to this series.

2.      Top 5 | This can be applied to literally anything. Foundation (drugstore and high end), blush, contour, primer, mascaras, cleansers, toners, face masks, hair care products – you name it!

3.      Budget beauty | Anything related to affordable beauty products – however you go about it. I was always find it amazing when I discover affordable products that work wonderfully.

4.      Skincare routine | Morning and night. I love hearing about the skincare products people use. And whenever your routine changes you can do an update post for both the day and night version. I’ve done a few of these myself.

5.      Fail products | Everyone has different experiences with products and sometimes products don’t work out. Sharing your beauty product blunders is pretty nifty and will save people $$ if they too are thinking about the product.

6.      Products that weren’t worth the hype | There are just some products people do not stop talking about, so you end up trying them and don’t see the fuss. These of posts definitely give a more clearer insight and help people release the hype may be a tad exaggerated.

7.      Product that are worth the hype | That being said there are also products that are completely spot on when it comes to the hype surrounding them.

8.      Favorite lip products You can break this up based on the brand or shade range or even share the ones you reach for most. Whatever floats ya boat!

9.      Holy grail products | We all have them (unless you are brand new to the beauty world). I definitely love hearing about what products people truly swear by. Click here to read my own holy grails post.

10.  Dupe posts | Last but not least, you gotta have dupes. I especially love reading these when it’s a dupe between a ridiculously expensive product and a drugstore version.

And that wraps up the post! I hope you guys enjoyed reading this post and maybe it sparked some ideas for you. What blog posts do you think are fool proof? What posts would you like to see me write? Drop a comment and let me know! I hope you guys have a wonderful day, I love you peeps and I’ll catch up with you in the next post.

1. erin

January 22, 2017 at 9:21 pm

I do love a wrap up post! Fab! And I must admit I have done most of these, I love an Empty post, and I love a Favourites at the end of the month! 🙂

Erin || MakeErinOver

January 22, 2017 at 10:43 pm

I do love empty posts but I find it a major pet peeve having to hoard empty products and basically rubbish till I can blog about it. It drives me nuts haha. Thank you for stopping by

2. Jenn

January 22, 2017 at 11:28 pm

Great post ideas! I struggle a lot to come up with post ideas, especially when I’m not buying a ton of new products. I’m saving this for when I need some post inspiration!

January 23, 2017 at 12:07 am

Yes I know. It’s when we are trying to calm down on the makeup buying where creativity for the blog can run low. I am glad you enjoyed it. x

3. Yiota

January 23, 2017 at 5:30 am

Beauty favorites and dupes are two posts I really love, the first gives me ideas of what others are using and loving and dupes posts are really helpful! x

Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

January 23, 2017 at 5:41 am

I know and the beauty is no matter how many people do those kind of posts. It varies from person to person. each blogger puts their own spin on it.

4. Gabrielle

January 23, 2017 at 11:33 am

I’m a bit of a lipstick-obsessive and so I LOVE reading any beauty posts relating to lip products and/or holy grail products!

aglassofice.com
    x

January 23, 2017 at 9:40 pm

Both are definitely interesting posts.

5. Nerdy Maria

January 23, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Lovely ideas here! Top 5 posts are always a good idea 🙂

-Leta | The Nerdy Me

6. cakedtothenines

January 24, 2017 at 8:07 am

Great list, babe! I love writing and reading all of these posts 🙂

xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

January 24, 2017 at 9:39 am

Thanks girl! They are definitely some great posts to read and they vary person to person.

7. A Very Sweet Blog

January 24, 2017 at 7:11 pm

These are definitely topics people gravitate to when it comes to beauty products. Great list!

January 24, 2017 at 9:29 pm

They are and the beauty is they vary from person to person.

Thank you. x

8. Reine

January 25, 2017 at 3:01 am

Awesome post! I’m looking into incorporating more beauty related posts on my blog so this was exactly what I needed. Thanks for sharing!

January 25, 2017 at 3:06 am

I’m glad it helped you out. Beauty related posts can be tricky, especially for those who don’t enjoy hoarding makeup or who don’t have much money to spend on makeup.

9. Mili

January 25, 2017 at 4:51 am

I would hands down read all these posts :p It’s so easy to get caught up in review after review so having some variety is nice! Thanks for all the ideas 🙂

Mili | Sharmtoaster

January 25, 2017 at 8:25 am

They are easy beauty posts to read. Thanks for stopping by!

10. rinkydinkyrhi

January 25, 2017 at 11:06 am

I’m definitely having a case of writer’s block so far this year so this has come in really handy, thank you : )

Rhi xx

January 25, 2017 at 11:38 am

You’re welcome.Thank you for stopping by! x

11. Velvet Blush

January 25, 2017 at 12:47 pm

I love seeing dupe posts and affordable product reviews! I’m getting more into my skincare too so I’d probably want to do a post on that or read other people’s routines 🙂 xx

Velvet Blush

January 25, 2017 at 10:35 pm

Yes I just finally got out of the lazy rut I was feeling when it came to skincare. I had been so inconsistent with skincare, only doing a morning routine / night time routine when I wore makeup but nothing on my no makeup days which made me feel guilty to wear makeup. But I am finally back on the skincare band wagon. Thanks for stopping by.

12. JENNY M. (@Krystel_Couture)

January 26, 2017 at 1:00 pm

I have no idea where to start with posts so just come up with something at the spur of the moment haha! I have done similar posts to these especially my favourite fall lipsticks and such <3

Jenny | Krystel Couture

January 26, 2017 at 8:50 pm

Because I insanely pre-write my stuff I always like to brainstorm + I’ve created a blog schedule for myself so I determine the order I will post in. It helps me keep the content fresh and not too much of the same thing posted close together. Thanks for stopping by!

13. Sal UmmBaby

January 26, 2017 at 1:24 pm

Great round up of popular posts. Great to have this list on hand when I’m struggling to think of anything to write. I love reading all of these kinds of posts 😉
    Sal | UmmBaby Beauty

January 26, 2017 at 8:50 pm

Thank you. I am glad it was of help. x

14. Shelise Saddul

January 26, 2017 at 3:15 pm

Great ideas, skin routine are probably my favourite type to watch as I am so skin care obsessed and love seeing what others use and do and get tips!

S x | SHELISES WORLD

January 26, 2017 at 8:51 pm

Thank you! yes I have finally gotten back on the skincare wagon after being so lazy lately.

15. staceylouisewhiteblog

January 26, 2017 at 8:34 pm

Totally agree! so many posts that I love to read here! My most popular post is when I do monthly goals! beauty/lifestyle ones!

stacey x

January 26, 2017 at 8:51 pm

Those monthly goal ones are definitely fun to read, inspiring. x

16. Demilade (@Demmiie_)

January 26, 2017 at 8:39 pm

these are really great ideas for when you can’t think of anything to post, thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog. xx
    cocobellablog.com