Physician’s Formula Translucent Pearl Highlighter

Hello gorgeous people! How have you all been doing good I hope. Yes It’s currently Valentines day here in Australia so I thought why not drop a highlighter review. Nothing says love more like a glowy highlighter on the cheekbones and this one is so underrated. I’ve been quite determined to be quite as productive as possible blogging wise, I do want to get as much done before uni starts up. Even though I still plan to write a couple posts a week during uni.

Anyway enough of my ramblings, let’s jump into today’s post!

Does it work with many skin tones? I’d say it slightly leans towards working better on paler complexions. I’m saying this because sometimes I have to adjust the way I apply it because it’s very pale on me which makes it 10 x as intense.

Is it overly glittery? For the most part no but if direct sunlight, like actually sun rays hit your face a bit of glitter is obvious.

Is it too natural? Definitely not, this baby can beam from space.

gdgdgdgd.png

Is it available in many shades: The one I am talking about is the translucent shade but the pearl highlighter does come in a beige shade as well as a bronze shade. I definitely need to pick up the beige shade and see if it works better on my skin tone.

Day or night appropriate?: I like to particularly wear this highlighter at night and on cloudy not so sunny days. Only because I find it a little too pale for me and this highlighter photographs wonderful in dull lighting.

Where is it best for applying on the face? I love to apply it on the cheek bone of course. This also is gorgeous for the inner corner, brow bone, Cupid ’s bow and you can apply it to the center of the eye lid to make your eyes pop.

Price: It’s 29.95 AUD at price and $18.07 AUD off Iherb. So it’s definitely cheaper over there than Priceline.

djfesf.png

Availability: Iherb and Priceline

Pros: A very intense, gorgeous glow. It’s affordable and it does come in three shades. Photographs very wonderfully in dim lighting.

Cons: The translucent shade can be too pale for some people, it does look a tiny bit glittery in direct sunlight.

Rating: 8/10

Overall thoughts: This is a lovely highlighter. It isn’t easy finding great highlighters in the drugstore because a lot of them are glittery and tacky. This one isn’t and it gives you a fleek highlighter.

Would I repurchase? I would in the beige shade.

And that wraps up this post. Have you guys tried this highlighter? Tell me your thoughts. What drugstore highlighters have you been loving? Drop a comment below and tell me. I hope you all have a fantastic day and as usual I will see you in the next post.

1. Ela Kaimo

February 14, 2017 at 12:53 am

I would like to try Physician’s Formula, but I keep seeing online that they don’t make a lot of shades for women of color, so I would probably pass on this 🙂

1. themakeupaficionado

February 15, 2017 at 12:08 am

Yes it is a shame this their shade range doesn’t cover all skin tones. Unfortunately that is a reoccurring theme in drugstore brands. Though if you are looking for a affordable ish highlighters that will work for you there are a lot of sunkissed bronzers / highlighters on the market. I know makeup geek may have some highlighters that work for your skin type. There is betty loumanizer from theBalm, I believe L’Oreal paris came out with a liquid highlighter in a sunkissed shade.

1. themakeupaficionado

February 16, 2017 at 1:43 am

Thanks. It really is a lovely highlighter.

2. rougenapples

February 16, 2017 at 12:22 am

Beaming from space calls my name! Love a good highlight! Haven’t tried Physician’s Formula but sounds like I have to! Thanks for the review!

1. themakeupaficionado

February 16, 2017 at 1:43 am

I know right?! I like my highlighter to have a boom factor. the subtle ones bore me.

3. Gabrielle

February 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

This highlighter sounds gorgeous – and the fact you think it would perform well on very pale skin is a really bonus, as I’m always looking for highlighters that show up properly on my skin! 🙂

aglassofice.com
    x

1. themakeupaficionado

February 16, 2017 at 9:02 pm

Yes I am currently to tanned from summer to wear it during the day but it really is a gorgeous underrated highlighter.

4. SparklesofLight Blog (@rosysparkles)

February 17, 2017 at 10:56 am

I’ve actually got this highlighter in my stash and I really like it but I agree that it can look a bit glittery in direct sunlight.

Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
    My Instagram | Instagram

1. themakeupaficionado

February 17, 2017 at 11:10 am

Makeup is all fun and games until the sunlight hits you and all truth are revealed haha

5. shireenplatt

February 18, 2017 at 2:49 am

I have two PF highlighters and should really use them again as they are stunning! I never tried this though.

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

1. themakeupaficionado

February 18, 2017 at 3:06 am

What physician’s formula highlighters do you have? I definitely love to try more of their highlighters.