EcoTools Buffing Brush

Hey there you lovely people! Okay so my foundation brush collection has grown to the point where they are basically getting squished in their brush holders. So I need to get me a lot more makeup brush holders. I just love trying out makeup brushes and having many back ups and options to bounce between. Add to the fact I love finding affordable brush gems and a hoarder is born. And let’s face it, deep down we all want to put off washing our makeup brushes until we absolutely have to, so the more the merrier.

Okay enough babbling on my part, let’s do this!

Its use?: There is no preferred use in the title of this brush BUT for fun let’s just say it’s best use is for foundation, you can also apply mineral foundation with it as well.

Is it part of a set of can it be individually purchased?: This is completely an individual brush, not part of any set.

Does it do a good job?: Yes it does do a very very good job! I love how I can get full coverage from this brush because of how dense it is.

What I personally use it for?: I use this for liquid foundation, haven’t really gotten into the mineral foundation band wagon.

Shape?: It’s a flat top dense style foundation brush.

Is it easy to clean?: For the most part it is. I use the standard Johnson’s baby shampoo and most of the product does came out. There remains a few foundations stands on the outer layer of the brush.

Availability: Iherb, woolworths

Pros: It gives you flawless coverage easily, it makes foundation application easy, it’s affordable. I

Cons: Not the easiest to find only certain sites stock it.

Price?: $9.37 AUD

Rating: 8.5 / 10

Do I have multiples?: Yes I have 2

Overall thoughts?: This is a wonderful foundation brush. I always gravitate towards flat top style foundation brushes. They just work the best for me and make a flawless application pretty easy. Bonus points that this foundation brush is super affordable.

Would I repurchase it?: Yes I would, I already have 2.

And that’s a wrap on the post. Have you guys tried this brush? What kind of foundations brushes have you been loving? Drop a comment and tell me. As usual I hope you all have a wonderful day and I’ll see you in the next post.

1. lauren

February 17, 2017 at 11:30 pm

I love this brand of make-up brush I often find they’re affordable but really good quality.

Lauren x Huggled

1. themakeupaficionado

February 17, 2017 at 11:37 pm

They are really affordable and this one is so good for foundation. I have discovered so amazing but super affordable makeup brushes. x

2. Ela Kaimo

February 18, 2017 at 12:35 am

I have wanted to try Eco Tools for some time now but I always seem to gravitate towards Real Techniques when I’m buying brushes!

1. themakeupaficionado

February 18, 2017 at 1:55 am

Real techniques definitely have a better range for sure. My biggest pet peeve with them however is there are certain brushes I want multiples of yet they are only available in a set. I’ve been getting a large mass of makeup brushes from wish, alliexpress AND ebay and I’ve been loving the brushes.

3. Weng C

February 19, 2017 at 11:42 am

My first makeup brushes were from Ecotools and I actually don’t own any buffing/kabuki brushes because I tend to use my fingers and sponges. Thanks for the recommendation! 🙂
    ~Weng wengiful

1. admin admin

February 19, 2017 at 11:20 pm

They do have quite a few awesome brushes. Glad I could help, thanks for stopping by! x

4. Judy

April 22, 2017 at 8:56 pm

What would you say are your favourite foundation brushes? (drugstore/high-end.)

I only have RT foundation brushes – the buffing brush and the expert face brush as well as their beauty blender but I’d love to try something new. Plus it’s a pain when they become dirty and I have no other brush to use for face so I end up spot-cleaning! (Gross, I know.)

1. admin admin

April 23, 2017 at 9:48 am

I haven’t tried any high end makeup brushes. I have real techniques, or I get makeup brushes from ebay, wish or alliexpress. I too have issues completely getting my brushes squeaky clean, I do wash them but they always have a stain from foundation on the outer layer. I heard morphe brushes have great stuff and I love the brush sets from Bh cosmetics.