Nars Sheer Glow Foundation

Hey ho!

Somedays I am out of ideas for witty introductions. Can’t a girl just begin a post without the need for a jazzy entrance? Though I will once again apologize for not putting up two posts a week as promised, my little goal of writing 4 posts a week has also completely flunked as I am at the end of week 5 for uni and I have not written a single post. Thank God for pre written posts am I right?!

On the plus side, I’m doing a foundation review. We all know how nifty those can be. I mean when it comes to foundations that don’t look good on you, ain’t nobody got time for that.

Okay so after that train wreck I am just going to jump right into the review.

Coverage: You can easily get a medium coverage foundation with this, slap on some concealer and bam you got yourself a flawless base.

Skin types appropriate for this foundation: Dry/normal skin types. It does give you a glow so if you suffer from shine or oiliness you may not like it. There is a sheer matte formula for those of you with oily skin types. Although to be honest I don’t find the formula very hydrating so if your skin leans on the combination side I reckon this foundation will still work for you.

Longevity: It lasts a pretty decent amount of time. It’s not marketed as a long lasting foundation and yet I find that it satisfies the amount of time one would want their foundation to last. Keep in mind this is in typical weather, I haven’t tested it in humid / hot weather.

Application: I typically apply this with a flat top foundation brush or a more rounded (less dense sort of foundation brush if my skin is particularly acting dry. Less dense brushes are my go too, when applying foundations that may not sit on my skin well.

Packaging: The packaging is where it gets iffy. It doesn’t come with a pump but they sell one separately. The down side to that is once you attach the pump you can’t put the cute lid on. SO I find that annoying. I don’t know why makeup brands just don’t make their foundations with a pump. Have you ever heard a person say they were glad there wasn’t a pump on the foundation?

Formula: I wouldn’t say its drying but it’s not hydrating like some of the other foundations I’ve tried. It does give you a glow but it’s like you have naturally glowy and radiant skin. It doesn’t make your skin look glossy or ‘wet’ for a lack of a better word. Another reason if you have skin on the combination side, this foundation could still work for you.

Who would love this foundation?: Anyone who wants to get radiant looking skin but still maintain good coverage and doesn’t mind to spend the extra $$$ on a foundation.

Who wouldn’t love this foundation?: Obviously if you guys don’t want a radiant foundation because of your skin type, this may not be for you. Also if you don’t want to spend the money on a foundation. Also, if you find some foundations can sit on your skin awkwardly you may not like this, I have that same issue.

Shade range: I believe there are over 19 shades.

Price: $67.00 AUD

Availability: In Australia you can primarily get this in Mecca. I’m not sure whether Sephora has Nars products, I know the Australian one doesn’t. For all you international peeps! Whether you get high end makeup from, I’m sure will have this brand and therefore this foundation.

Rating: 7/10

Overall thoughts: It’s a nice foundation and it does make your skin look really radiant and healthy BUT it just sits on my skin awkwardly and I end up looking very powdery even though I haven’t applied much foundation or powder. Some days it can look good but I can’t say that I can rely on this foundation for a good base. I think I just need to find a very good primer to match up with this foundation.

Would I repurchase this?: No. I have other high end foundations I would much rather repurchase.

And that wraps up the review. Have you guys tried this foundation? Do you think it’s worth the hype? Tell me in the comments below. I hope you all have an awesome day and I’ll see you in the next post!

1. Clare Whittaker

March 23, 2017 at 11:56 am

So many people love this foundation! Thanks for being honest with your review 🙂

March 24, 2017 at 10:09 pm

That’s what I am here for to share my experience with beauty products. Not every product works for everyone.

2. A Very Sweet Blog

March 23, 2017 at 5:04 pm

I want to try NARS foundation! Will definitely test it out in Sephora to get a shade match.

March 24, 2017 at 10:09 pm

It’s always good to test it out, you may love it more then me.

3. Michelle Morchella

March 24, 2017 at 12:03 pm

Oh, you kinda made me worry if I should invest in this foundation or not. I was thinking about buying this foundation for a long time, but maybe I should try a sample first and see if I like it or not. Thank your for the review.

March 24, 2017 at 10:07 pm

You should try a sample. I did try a sample originally, I thought I liked it (I was still new ish to makeup. This was my first highend purchase), but eventually I realized the foundation didn’t want to sit right on my skin.

4. Kay

March 24, 2017 at 12:46 pm

I have heard some really good things about this foundation, so I enjoyed reading your thoughts on it, hun! Thank you for sharing. <3 xoxo

Kay

March 24, 2017 at 10:06 pm

It’s not a terrible foundation, it just didn’t work well on me all the time and with high end foundations you expect the best.

March 25, 2017 at 12:40 pm

I love this foundation, I have been using it for so long now and I am still to find one that I love more!

Danielle x

March 26, 2017 at 10:39 am

I definitely want to re try it and see if I will end up loving it more then I originally did. This was my first high end foundation purchase and I’ve definitely picked up more tips and tricks on how to make my foundation look better so there is hope for it yet.

6. Amy

March 25, 2017 at 9:18 pm

Haha I know what you mean about the intros, sometimes my mind just goes blank! I’ve heard mixed reviews about this one, but I’d be interested to try it out X

http://amyevans.blog – Amy

March 26, 2017 at 10:38 am

I know right, especially as I pre write my posts but just before posting it I always make sure to re visit the into, pre writing intros aren’t always ideal and I can’t talk to you guys about what is currently going on with blogging and life.

7. Hannah

March 27, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Ah it’s a shame this foundation hasn’t worked for you! I swear by it, it just really agrees with my skin. I love how it gives you that subtle glow without leaving your face looking wet!xx

Hannah | luxuryblush♡

March 28, 2017 at 5:04 am

Yes my experience didn’t make me fall in love with it even though I do want to give it another go. Glad it worked out for you I do like glowy foundations that definitely don’t leave your skin looking wet.

8. Danielle Beautyblog

March 27, 2017 at 3:14 pm

I really like this foundation but I find it wears off quickly on me!

Danielle’s Beauty Blog

March 28, 2017 at 5:03 am

They definitely don’t market it as long wearing.

9. Sally

March 27, 2017 at 3:27 pm

Ah it’s a shame that you don’t love this foundation that much as it’s pretty much my favourite foundation ever! Although I agree about the pump, no one enjoys not having a pump!!

The Makeup Directory

March 28, 2017 at 5:02 am

I do want to try it again. This was my first high end purchase so my foundation application skills were not on point and I do have a beauty blender so if I went in with a beauty blender maybe it would apply better but it just didn’t want to sit nicely on my face.

10. Caked To The Nines

March 28, 2017 at 9:47 pm

I used to have this foundation and had a love hate relationship with it. When I thought about it, I wasn’t a huge fan, but when I wore it, it did make my skin look nice and it actually didn’t sit awkwardly on my skin for me. I don’t know if I’m going to repurchase it though. I definitely wish it came with a pump.. and introductions are always hard for me too lol!

xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

March 29, 2017 at 12:14 pm

It’s definitely a love/hate kind of foundation. I don’t know if I should try it again seeing as my foundation application tricks have improved immensely since back when I first got it, but my current one is too pale so i’ll probably have to get a sample from mecca

11. Abigail Alice

March 28, 2017 at 10:34 pm

This sounds like a fairly good foundation i would love to try a sample.

Abigail Alice 💕

March 29, 2017 at 12:13 pm

It’s just unfortunate I didn’t love it as much as I wanted to.

12. Lyndi

March 28, 2017 at 11:57 pm

I’ve tried this before, and mixed a little face oil into it so its not as drying.
    It worked really well for me 🙂
    Lyndi

March 29, 2017 at 12:13 pm

I like to mix hydrating foundations into a foundation I don’t find as hydrating.

13. Zeynab

March 29, 2017 at 3:21 pm

I really like this foundation, might be because I am really into that dewy radiant natural look.

Zeynab x
    The Beauty Load

March 29, 2017 at 9:53 pm

I definitely love dewy / radiant foundations. I definitely need to try this again in a new shade as my current one doesn’t fit me any more. Glad it worked for you. x

14. Nicole

March 31, 2017 at 11:07 am

This has to be the first not-so-ecstatic review I’ve seen on this foundation, so thank you for your honest review! I’ve been dying to try this one out as ALMOST everyone and their mommas have been raving about it. I’ll have to get a sample before I commit to a full size.

Nicole | The Glam Surge

March 31, 2017 at 11:09 pm

I was surprised when I realized I wasn’t crazy about it. I am tempted to try it again and heading down and picking up a sample in a shade that fits me. Back when I first tried it, it was the first high end foundation that I picked up and at first I thought I liked it, then I didn’t, then I did. It’s not awful – it’s just one of those love/hate foundations you can’t always get looking good. But I do want to try it again, maybe with a beauty blender I can finally get it looking good each time I wear it.

15. Charlotte

April 10, 2017 at 9:21 pm

Really want to try this foundation! Might have to now! 🙈💞

April 11, 2017 at 2:59 am

It’s always good to get a sample first you never know how it will work for your skin.