Maybelline Brow Satin

Well hello hello! Here’s a plot twist for you all I am actually reviewing a brow product. I find that this category of makeup is where I hardly touch on. Now this isn’t because I don’t do anything to my brows but more so that this isn’t a category of makeup I hoard. The products I have I am content with and my brows are so low maintenance I just don’t go out of my way to try new brow stuff at the level I try other categories of makeup. That being said there are lots of Nyx brow products I definitely want to try.

So enough of my ramblings let’s get on with the review!

Shade: I have the shade Dark brown. I believe there are three shades in total, it doesn’t cater very well for blondes.

Easy to use?: This brow product is fairly easy to use. It isn’t overly dark or dispenses too much product which will leave you with dark and harsh brows. It gives you a softer look. One side is the brow pencil/ crayon. It isn’t super creamy like other brow crayons/pencils I’ve used but it still does the job. The brow filling side is just a sponge applicator I run through the tail of my brow to light fill in the sparse areas. I like it as I don’t have to go grab a brush and brow powder, it’s all in the one brow product.

Is it good at defining the brows?: I would say so. I am blessed to have naturally thick and fully brows. I never went through an over plucking stage which is why my brows don’t have only bald spots. So aside from a little definitely around the arch and brow gel – my brows are super low maintenance. The pencil/crayon side is the better part for defining the brows and it’s very precise in size and shape.

Price: $16.95 AUD

Availability: Priceline, Target, Kmart, Big W, Woolworths and Coles. Pretty much wherever they sell Maybelline. Ry.com.au also sells it.

Who would love it?: If your brows are low maintenance and only need light filling I’d say you would enjoy this brow product. I find that unlike other brow products I’ve tried it does give quite a soft look.

Who wouldn’t love it?: If you spend the extra effort on your brows and you need products that will largely fill them in, this may not be for you. The sponge/ brow filling side may not be everyone’s cup of tea. I personally like it but some of you may prefer using an actual brow powder as the sponge applicator doesn’t release a lot of product. It’s enough product for me but I know some of you guys would need a good amount of brow powder.

Rating?: 8/10

Overall thoughts: I like this brow duo. It’s quick and easy to use. I don’t really make mistakes with it. The color works for me and it isn’t too dark. It’s awesome for the low maintenance brow people.

Would I repurchase it?: I see myself repurchasing this. I am not crazy obsessed with it to the point I’d back it up. I’m more obsessed with the Maybelline brow sculpting mascara compared to this.

And that wraps up this post! What brow products do you love using? Have you tried this one? Drop a comment and let’s get chatting. I hope you all have a wonderful day and I’ll see you in the next post.

June 29, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Thank you! And thank you for stopping by the blog lovely! x

1. fannyanddailybeauty

June 29, 2017 at 11:38 am

I’m currently trying to step up my brow game a little bit so I’m always on the hunt for new brow product recommendations! This one sounds really good, but since I’m blond, I’m afraid I won’t be able to find my perfect shade! Lovely review, though 🙂

June 29, 2017 at 8:48 pm

There are lots of great products in the drugstore when it comes to brows and my brows are quite low maintenance. Makeup Revolution and Nyx have great brow products with a better shade range if you want to check them out! x

2. Hannah

June 29, 2017 at 5:08 pm

I’ve not heard of this before, but it sounds really good! So low maintenance and affordable!xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

June 29, 2017 at 8:47 pm

Yes. I am lucky to have very low maintenance brows so for me it’s the one category of makeup I can keep it simple and affordable.

3. Velvet Blush

June 29, 2017 at 7:31 pm

This sounds like a really good quick option, the shade range also sounds good for those with dark hair 🙂 x

Velvet Blush

June 29, 2017 at 8:46 pm

It is nice, it’s sort of a brow pencil + Brow powder all in the one brow product.

June 29, 2017 at 11:43 pm

Maybelline have such great brow products.

4. Yiota

June 30, 2017 at 10:14 am

I only started doing my brows a few months ago, I was useless but with the right products it’s a process I really enjoy!! Happy Friday lovely!! x

Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

June 30, 2017 at 11:36 am

I’m lucky my brows don’t need serious construction so i just fill in the areas that are a bit sparse i don’t need to shape them or anything like that. Thanks for stopping by the blog lovely! x

5. Gabrielle

June 30, 2017 at 3:55 pm

I’m sold by your point about it being ideal for those who are low-maintenance with their brows, haha. I’ve only just started trying out ‘tidying up’ my brows so I’m a bit of a novice on that front! Thanks for the fab review 🙂

aglassofice.com
    x

June 30, 2017 at 9:17 pm

It’s a great brow product, their shade range isn’t the best. BUT even nyx has very great brow products you should check out. They have a micro one i heard about that allows you good precision so if you aren’t familar with doing up your brows that ones has a very precise tip. Thanks for stopping by the blog!

6. Leigh

June 30, 2017 at 6:38 pm

I’m awful at brows so I’m also kinda lucky that they’re already quite filled in, I don’t think I’d be able to use this product too well though I always make it too blocky with pencil style eyebrow products! x

– Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

June 30, 2017 at 9:15 pm

Everyone has their own preference to the type of brow products they use. I want to try out a brow pomade but it seems like a bit of a hassel.

7. Kris

July 1, 2017 at 3:04 pm

I might give this one a go! Great post!

Have a lovely day!

Kris | https://dreamingofpink.wordpress.com

July 1, 2017 at 11:24 pm

Aside from the iffy shade range, it’s a lovely brow product. x

July 1, 2017 at 4:07 pm

This looks like something that I would enjoy, I am going to have to check it out!

July 1, 2017 at 11:25 pm

You should! I’m a big fan of many Maybelline products and they make lovely brow products.

9. Erin

July 1, 2017 at 4:45 pm

I’m getting more and more on board with eyebrows recently, I need to start investing more in products to help, and this sounds so good!

Erin || MakeErinOver

July 1, 2017 at 11:27 pm

Drugstore brands make so many awesome and affordable brow products. There are all sorts of brow products as well. Nyx has so many brow options, rimmel has a brow shake powder thing. Even Makeup revolution as well as maybelline. So it’s good starting there and then seeing what you end up liking. Thank you for stopping by the blog lovely. x