The Becca Shimmering Perfector Highlighters

Well hello there awesome humans!

I don’t know about you but I can’t seem to remember a time where I wasn’t obsessed with highlighter! How did we go for so many years without glowing? They are hands down one of my favorite makeup products and today I’m going to be talking to you about a good one!

So hold onto your hats and let’s jump into this review.

Does it work with many skin tones? Luckily the Becca highlighters come in a few shades, so regardless of your skin tone you should find one that works for you!

Is it overly glittery? It’s not natural, let me tell you that and there may be some days where you simply do not feel like it BUT it’s not tacky or glittery in the way some drugstore highlighters can be. I personally do wear it during the day, though some of you may not like the way it looks in day light. I don’t have shame when it comes to a crazy highlight in the am!

Is it too natural? It is definitely too natural though I hear the shade moonlight isn’t as intense as opal and champagne pop which is why I didn’t purchase it.

Is it available in many shades? 6 Shades in total, including champagne pop.

Opal: This is a smidge less subtle in intensity compared to champagne pop. It’s a pearl / beige type shade, would suit many skin tones and makes your cheekbones beam.

Champagne pop: This is a champagne color as the name suggests and even though it looks a bit dark when you swatch it with your finger, the exact color doesn’t go on your cheekbones rather a gorgeous beam of light that looks like heaven has kissed your face. Unless you are pale as pale can be both these shades should work for you!

Day or night appropriate?: I wear it both ways because I love intense highlighters! But some of you may only prefer to wear it at night.

Where is it best for applying on the face? Cheekbones, cupids bow, inner corner, collar bone and shoulders. If I could I’d drench my face in it.

Price: $60 – $68 AUD

Availability: adore beauty (they don’t sell champagne pop though), Sephora (they do sell champagne pop), cult beauty

Formula? The formula of these highlighters are smooth to the touch. It isn’t 100% finely milled or smooth looking, it does lean a smidge to the chunky side just a smidge though.

Highlighter on fleek? Hell yes, NASA could see it!

Who would love this? You peeps who want that sharp boss highlighting going on!

Who wouldn’t love this? You guys who like it el natural, will probably not find this highlighter to be your cup of tea.

Rating: 9.999 / 10

Overall thoughts: I love these highlighters so bloody much. I just can’t get over shiny cheek bones, I feel naked without highlighting. I will say that I only like to wear these highlighters when my bases is more in the full coverage zone. When I am going for a more natural base I usually stick to Mary Lou.

Would I repurchase? Yes. Yes and yess!

And that wraps up this review. Have you guys tried these lovely highlighters? Thoughts? What other bad ass highlighters have you’ve been liking? Tell me about them in the comments below. I hope you guys have a splendid day, I love you and I’ll catch up with you in the next post!

November 25, 2017 at 4:19 pm

I have wanted to try these for such a long time because I have only heard good things about them. I might have to try and pick one up in the sales!

November 25, 2017 at 9:04 pm

You should! They make your face have one of those blinding highlights. They are so good!

2. Cortney

November 27, 2017 at 12:08 am

These are my favourite as well! They are so good! Plus, I agree, how did we ever live without highlighters?!?

November 27, 2017 at 7:35 am

They are so dam good! Worth every scent! I know like we actually didn’t have beaming cheekbones? what?!!

3. Yiota

November 27, 2017 at 6:13 am

I read so many great reviews about the Becca highlighters but never tried them!! I am so glad these work for all skin tones and come in different shades! x

Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

November 27, 2017 at 7:36 am

They are so good. If you don’t have a highlighter addiction yet you will after trying these. Even getting a face palette from becca gives you a taste of their highlighters.

4. T.

November 27, 2017 at 6:32 am

I love my Becca highlighter! I have champagne pop!

November 27, 2017 at 7:34 am

They are hands down one of the best highlighters on the market!

5. Toni

November 27, 2017 at 4:08 pm

I love Becca highlighters and also have Opal and Champagne Pop! I find these give a more sophisticated glow rather than share glitter or metallic that’s often seen from the drugstore. xx

sheergloss

November 27, 2017 at 9:45 pm

Yes opal and champagne pop are the best ones! Exactly they make your skin beam – it’s intense but yet not tacky I wear them day and night!

6. Louise

November 27, 2017 at 7:54 pm

Such a good review! I wanted to try one of the highlighters but they are quite pricey for me at the moment as I have cheaper ones that I’m loving so much! xx

louiselovesbeauty.com

November 27, 2017 at 9:45 pm

Thank you so much! They are but once you take the plunge you fall in love! Becca also has face palettes that have a few of their highlighters if you want to try out many of their products.

November 27, 2017 at 9:44 pm

You definitely need to! x

7. Jasmine

November 27, 2017 at 8:52 pm

This is by far my favourite highlighter formula! 🙂

Jasmine xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

November 27, 2017 at 9:43 pm

I know right! I literally compare all highlighters to becca now. Though their highlighters do have a little bit of a love/hate relationship for some.

8. Sophie

November 29, 2017 at 12:30 am

The Becca highlighters sound like a product my sister would absoultely love! She prefers a more intense highlight whereas I like a subtle highlight. The only highlight I use daily is the Maybelline strobing stick illuminator (the champaigne shade of the two), but I might see if my sister is interested in these ones! (P.s I replied to your comment on my blog x)

-Sophie xx
    Cherries & Perfume

November 29, 2017 at 7:34 am

Yes intense highlighters aren’t for everyone I just can’t help but reach for this on the daily. My face feels naked without a strong highlight. x

9. Charline

November 30, 2017 at 9:21 pm

I’ve got the Moonstone one, and I can confirm it’s the most natural one out of the bunch. I thought it suited my skin tone best, I was quite afraid of champagne pop when I saw it IRL 🙂 Seems very intense, which I don’t really grab for anyways.

Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

November 30, 2017 at 9:54 pm

I had the opposite situation – I got champagne pop and opal because I heard moonstone was super subtle. I just never find myself reaching for natural highlights and when I do I always top it off with a more intense highlighter. x