Trialling Deciem Skincare | Hylamide and The Ordinary

Hello there you gems!

Today’s post is an exciting one because I am talking all about Deciem! In particular the brands Hylamide and The ordinary. I was lucky enough to get a chance to work with Deciem. I’ve been a fan of theirs for a while now ever since I got into the ordinary.

***Just a disclaimer I was gifted a few of the products, the others I purchased myself. Regardless of this all opinions are my own and honest! This is also not a sponsored post.

So let’s jump into the post shall we?!

The ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone

I thought I’d start with one I had my eyes on for a while. I have a lot of texture issues on my skin. So I’ve been forever on a hunt for a product that helps with that! Whenever I use this my skin looks so smooth and just overall better the following day.

It’s great for skin texture. I really do feel like it makes like a difference to my skin and I’ve been trying lots of acids/products aimed at bettering skin texture and this one had packed quite a punch! And I love that it’s affordable so I don’t have to roll my eyes at the thought of repurchasing it.

Formula: It feels like a cream – on the thick side. It doesn’t have a runny or wet feel to it (It’s a silicone like texture). You just smooth it over your face – I focus it on the areas where I have more texture. It’s normal to feel a little bit of tingling.

Packaging: squeezy tube packaging

How much product do you get? 30 ml

Price? $12.80 AUD

Availability: The Deciem site, Beautylish, Adore beauty

Would I repurchase? Yes!

The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane

This is like a light weight serum and an oil combined. It’s super hydrating and sinks in quickly but it does leave a teeny tiny bit of a residue. So it’s not completely like your typical hydrating serum. I don’t know if it’s technically a serum but I do use it like that.

Formula: it’s completely runny, light weight. Leaves the tiniest oily residue that goes away fairly quickly.

Packaging: A glass bottle that comes with a dropper applicator. You get 30 mls of products

Price: $13.90 AUD

Availability: The Deciem site, adore beauty, Beautylish, ry.com.au, Beauty bay

Would I repurchase: Yes I would

The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

Formula: The formula is completely liquid hence the dropper bottle packaging. It isn’t a hydrating product – it’s not meant to be. It does leave your skin feeling slightly dry/tight. But of course when you continue on with your skincare routine (serum/moisturiser). That dry/tight feeling goes away. I like to use this product at night for that reason. I do feel like it contributes to helping my skin’s texture improve. I don’t use it consistently enough. I need to use it more frequently – so you’ll find out in the in-depth review if it did in fact help improve my skin!

Packaging: Dropper bottle packaging (made from glass) – you get 30 ml of product

Price: $12.40 AUD

Availability: The Deciem site,  ry.com.au, beauty bay, adore beauty, myer, beautylish, cult beauty

Would I repurchase: Yet to figure out if I’ll repurchase. We shall see when I begin using it more consistently if it does infact help my skin’s texture improve.

The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% +  B5

Formula: It’s a completely liquidy formula, light weight and it sinks in quickly into the skin. I love how with just a few drops it can spread to all over the skin. It’s super hydrating and makes my moisturiser work even better. I am a massive fan of this product. Definitely a must if you have dehydrated skin or don’t like heavy hydrating products but you still want them to be effective.

Price: $12.90 AUD

Packaging: A glass bottle with a dropper applicator – you get 30 ml of product

Availability: The Deciem site,  ry.com.au, beauty bay, beauty lish, myer, cult beauty, adore beauty,

Would I repurchase: I will definitely be repurchasing this one!

The Ordinary Caffeine solution + EGCG

Formula: A completely liquid formula though it has a little bit of an oily residue. It freshens up and hydrates my under eye area! It isn’t heavy or aggravate my Mila. With my “dark circles”. It’s mostly blue/purple veins that protrude with a little bit of dark circles. So there isn’t much skincare can do in that department but I do love using it under my eyes never the less. I do feel like it freshens up the area.

Price: $12.70 AUD

Packaging: A glass bottle with a dropper applicator

Availability: The Deciem site,  skincare store, adore beauty, priceline, Beautylish, Myer, Beauty Bay

Would I repurchase: I’m on the fence with this one. I like it but we’ll see if when I run out of it I want to repurchase it.

Hylamide Low Molecular HA Booster

Formula: The formula is completely liquidy and light weight. It sinks in quickly doesn’t leave the skin with any residue or funny feeling. With just a few drops you can smooth it all over the face, slap on a moisturizer and boom – instant hydration! This is similar to The Ordinary’s Hylaronic acid. I do feel like my skin stays hydrated for a bit longer with this product

Price: $30 AUD

Packaging: A glass bottle with a dropper applicator. You get 30 ml of product

Availability: The Deciem site, Priceline, ry.com.au, Adore beauty, beauty bay,

Would I repurchase: Yes I would it’s so hydrating and lovely!

Hylamide Photography Foundation – Transparent

Some of you may even wonder what this particular one is. It isn’t an actual foundation but it’s something you can add to your foundation, wear underneath your foundation on its own. Think of it as an Instagram filter in a bottle. It just blurs imperfections and gives you a lovely flawless canvas. I love using it as a primer, it really does make your foundation look even better when you use it in combination with this Hylamide product.

Formula: It’s a pretty thin consistency but not runny or watery. It has this pearl finish to it and it doesn’t give you a white cast to the skin. There are two other shades so if you are on the tanned side you can use those shades to avoid getting a white cast.

Price: $30 AUD

Packaging: It looks like it will have a dropper applicator but it doesn’t. The packaging is a small bottle with a lid and you can carefully pour out the product onto the back of you hand. A little goes a long way! You get 30 ml of product.

Availability: The Deciem site, Priceline, Beauty bay, beauty lish, ry.com.au, skincare store, adore beauty

Would I repurchase: I’m liking this a lot so I definitely see myself repurchasing this!

And that wraps up this jam packed post! Hope you guys had a snack while reading it because it was a long one! Have you guys tried any Deciem products? What products have you been loving from them? Drop a comment and let’s have chat! I hope you all have a great day, I love you guys and I’ll see you in the next post.

1. Sofia

January 11, 2018 at 12:09 pm

Ohh thats crazy, I just reviewed The Ordinary too!!! Great review though 🙂

xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

January 11, 2018 at 10:29 pm

They are an awesome brand. x

2. Sabiha

January 11, 2018 at 12:34 pm

I really need to try The Oridinary – I still haven’t bought anything from here but since it’s so affordable there really is no excuse!

January 11, 2018 at 10:29 pm

You definitely do need to try them out. Exactly, of course with skincare we all have different experiences with a product – but The ordinary, it’s worth a try!

3. Yiota

January 12, 2018 at 6:22 am

I bought my second Hyaluronic Acid bottle and I think it’s a product I will forever purchase, my skin loves it and it’s so affordable!

Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

January 12, 2018 at 9:31 pm

I definitely will be repurchasing mine as well! It’s so so good!

January 12, 2018 at 10:15 pm

I have mixed experiences with The Ordinary products but haven’t tried the other brands under Deciem. I plan to try Noid soon though.

Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

January 13, 2018 at 12:51 am

Skincare can be that way, we all have different experiences with skincare. Yes! Niod looks interesting, I need to check that out too.

5. Daniele Alexa

January 13, 2018 at 3:50 pm

I really want to try some things out by Ordinary, I have heard such good things about the brand!

January 13, 2018 at 10:12 pm

You should! Of course we all have our different experiences especially with skincare but they are so affordable you don’t have much to lose!

6. Sharan

January 14, 2018 at 1:21 pm

Loved reading this review! I’ve been so curious about the Ordinary products and now want to definitely get my hands on a few products!

January 14, 2018 at 9:45 pm

I’m glad you enjoyed it! They are definitely super wonderful and worth a try!

7. Sheena Sy Gonzales

January 15, 2018 at 3:47 am

I love Deciem products as well! It works amazing and the price is just right.

Sheena | http://sheenalovessunsets.com

January 15, 2018 at 4:06 am

I know right it’s so awesome having such affordable skincare that’s also super effective!

8. Sally

January 15, 2018 at 4:42 pm

I really want to try some more from Deciem as I love The Ordinary. I actually find the caffeine solution makes a big difference for my dark circles but I guess it depends why you have dark circles in the first place if it actually works or not!

The Makeup Directory

January 15, 2018 at 10:48 pm

Yes exactly. I don’t suffer from lack of sleep (at least currently) So the darkness from under my eye is more from blue/purple veins peaking through if anything and that is tricky to fix using skincare but i still enjoy using it.

9. Alice

January 15, 2018 at 6:53 pm

I have a few Ordinary products – I really like the Lactic Acid that you mentioned, and a few other things that I’ve tried… though I do wish it was a little easier for people with zero skincare knowledge to pick suitable products and more instructions on the best ways to use them.

alicered.co.uk

January 15, 2018 at 10:50 pm

I agree it took me so long before making my first order, it is very confusing because the tittle of the products is basically just an ingredient but with a bit of research and now lots of bloggers getting into the brand – it is a bit easier to figure out. I’m having the same issue with Niod I can’t understand what the products are meant to do which is making it difficult to order their stuff.

10. Gabrielle

January 15, 2018 at 10:16 pm

I’ve read so many positive reviews on The Ordinary lately – certainly tempted to buy a couple of items to try for myself now! I love the simplistic packaging, and veeeery curious about the Hyaluronic Acid, it sounds so interesting!

aglassofice.com
    x

January 15, 2018 at 10:50 pm

It’s definitely worth it and because they are affordable they are worth the chance. No skincare comes with guarantees. I’ve tried much more expensive skincare that had little to no effect on my skin. Yes the hyaluronic acid is so good, I need to pick up a back up!

11. Jasmine

January 16, 2018 at 8:45 pm

I really like the Hylamide HA (agree it does edge ahead of the Ordinary’s) and the Ordinary Caffeine Solution 🙂

Jasmine xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

January 16, 2018 at 10:08 pm

I definitely want to try more Hylamide, I love with their products they are more clearer in regards to what the product does on the packaging, with the ordinary, it’s more confusing. x