Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation

Hey there ma blogging peeps!

So about a week ago I did a little Instagram poll giving you guys two options of review posts you’d like to see. If you haven’t guessed it yet by the tittle this foundation won by a mile. So that’s what I am sharing with you guys today! I actually was surprised to realize I hadn’t put this review up much earlier as I’ve had it for quite a while.

So if you guys want to hear my thoughts on the Urban decay naked skin foundation – keep reading!

What are the claims of this foundation?: It claims to feel ‘weightless’ and that it will have ‘ultra-definition’. It also claims to be infused with peptides, that it is paraben free and light diffusing.

Does it deliver on its claims?: Its watery formula definitely does give a weightless feel to it and it does give a satin/glowy finish to the skin. I don’t know if it is infused with peptides but it incredible hydrating, blendable and sits on the skin really well. It’s quite odd that on the bottle it doesn’t boast about its coverage level. The easily buildable full coverage with its lightweight watery formula is definitely what makes this foundation unusual and awesome.

Coverage: You can easily achieve full coverage with this foundation.

Skin types appropriate for this foundation: I feel like this foundation is more appropriate for normal to dry/dehydrated skin types. I can’t make any comments on how it would work for oiler skin types but I will say that’s hydrating and watery so I don’t know how it would work with oily skin.

Longevity: With my skin type which is dry/dehydrated with some oiliness on the t-zone it lasts pretty good. Of course I use primer; I set it with powder and depending on how long my day is I also use the urban decay setting spray. But without the spray it still lasts well.

Finish: It’s more of a satin / dewy ish finish. If you set it with powder it’s less dewy thought but still provides a satin like finish.

Application: Being that I’m not a sponge applicator kind of gal I use a flat top kabuki to apply this foundation. You have to make sure no brush strokes are left behind when applying it, it’s very thin formula can cause that. You could use a sponge because of its formula but I personally use foundation brushes. Using flat paint brush like foundation brushes may not work well as the formula is very watery.

Packaging: Standard packaging with a pump. You will need to give it a good shake before pushing the product out.

Formula: The formula is very hydrating and thin (water like) in consistency. It’s so thin it could work with a drop like applicator but it does have a pump applicator instead.

Pros: It’s hydrating, an awesome shade range, comes with a pump, insanely good coverage considering it’s thin formula, not cakey, easy to blend and it gives your skin a nice glow.

Cons: It’s not affordable, it doesn’t have a matte finish, some people may not like the watery formula, it isn’t targeted at oiler skin types, for some people it may have too much coverage for them.

Shade range: There are over 18 shades available.

Price: $65.00 AUD

Availability: Mecca Maxima

Rating: 8.5 / 10

Overall thoughts: This is an awesome foundation! It’s practically full coverage but still hydrating and thin in formula. It looks great on and isn’t too difficult to apply. It also lasts a good amount of time on the skin.

Would I repurchase this?: Yes I would. I always say that I am willing to go high end with foundation if it’s close to or is full coverage.

That wraps up today’s post. Have you guys tried this foundation? What do you guys think of watery based foundations? Tell me in the comments. I hope you all have a wonderful day and I’ll see you guys in the next post.

1. Emily

January 16, 2018 at 12:10 am

I’ve heard great things about this foundation! Must try it soon. 😉

-Emily http://www.coatandcoffee.com

January 16, 2018 at 12:42 am

It’s incredible the coverage it gives for how watery the formula is! I recommend it!

2. Amanda

January 16, 2018 at 12:53 am

I have heard so much about this product, looks good!

January 16, 2018 at 1:33 am

it really is quite lovely! x

3. jane

January 16, 2018 at 5:37 am

I never tried this product but for me it sounds ok.
    Great review

Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

January 16, 2018 at 10:08 pm

It’s a lovely foundation. Thank you. x

January 16, 2018 at 10:09 pm

It’s such a lovely brand. x

4. Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

January 16, 2018 at 2:45 pm

I would love to try an Urban Decay foundation. I haven’t gotten there yet. This one sounds really great.

Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

January 16, 2018 at 10:09 pm

It’s definitely one to try out if you like watery foundations.

January 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm

So many have raved about this foundation but I have yet to try it!

Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

January 16, 2018 at 10:08 pm

I love love love it. It’s watery yet incredible coverage and it doesn’t look heavy on the skin. My dehydrated skin loves this foundation!

6. Kiran

January 17, 2018 at 2:06 pm

This isn’t a foundation I get along with but that is just my finnicky skin type, happy that it works for you! Thank you for sharing, I might consider purchasing this if my skin becomes drier, great post xx

ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

January 17, 2018 at 8:11 pm

Yes I’m quite lucky my skin type doesn’t cause too many dramas with foundations. Something I love to do is mix this foundation in with a foundations that are too difficult to blend/slightly drying. I of course can also wear it by itself but it’s definitely awesome in a foundation cocktain.

January 17, 2018 at 9:09 pm

I really want to try this foundation out, I have heard nothing buy good things about it!

January 18, 2018 at 1:53 am

Oh girl it’s so good. For such a watery consistency it has very nice coverage and it’s hydrating and makes your skin look healthy!

8. Kate

January 17, 2018 at 10:46 pm

Hmm, it sounds interesting! Watery formulas tend not to be my favourite, but never say never! x

Kate Louise Blogs

January 18, 2018 at 1:53 am

They do take some getting use to. They aren’t the easiest to apply with a brush but once i’ve blended it out with a brush I go over it with a sponge!

9. Beautylymin

January 18, 2018 at 11:54 am

Ooh, I really like the sound of this foundation! xx

Beautylymin

January 18, 2018 at 9:32 pm

It’s so lovely!

10. Amy

January 18, 2018 at 3:01 pm

I really fancied trying this as I adore the concealer but am put off by the watery formula. It’s strange as the concealer is really high coverage and a thick creamy consistency! Thanks for such an honest review.

Amy – http://AMbeautyedit.com

January 18, 2018 at 9:33 pm

Watery foundations are definitely not everyone’s cup of tea. It took me a while to get use to it but it’s so hydrating with incredible coverage I couldn’t help but love it. Thank you for stopping by the blog!

11. Georgiana

January 18, 2018 at 6:34 pm

I`ve been debating whether I should try this foundation or not, but you definitely convinced me to give it a shot. Great review!

Beauty Nerd

January 18, 2018 at 9:31 pm

It’s honestly such a great foundation. It’s super hydrating and you can easily get a full coverage with it. If you find it just too hydrating/watery you can mix a bit more of a drier foundation with it. I love using this foundation to add to other foundations that are difficult to blend/or too drying.

12. Louise

January 18, 2018 at 7:49 pm

This is a great review! This seems like my kind of foundation! I need to invest xx

louiselovesbeauty.com

January 18, 2018 at 9:30 pm

Thank you. I personally love it, if you love hydrating foundations you should be a fan of this and a bonus it has very very good coverage.

13. Samantha

January 19, 2018 at 5:26 am

I used to love foundations with a dewy finish, but I find I’m actually leaning more towards natural / demi-matte, even though I’m a bit drier. I feel like everyone always says great things about UD foundations though, and I’m glad this one has worked out for you!

Sam / My Beauty Cloud

January 19, 2018 at 11:01 am

I’m the same way during the summer months as here in Australia the weather is crazy hot and my sweat is giving me enough of a dewy finish. This foundation is a great winter option for me when my skin is crazy dry. x

14. Yiota

January 19, 2018 at 10:51 am

Glad this works for you and it’s hydrating and perfect for dry skin. I have combination to oily and I don’t use foundation that much these days, I prefer BB creams that feel lightweight and give me medium coverage. Great review!! Happy Friday!xx

Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

January 19, 2018 at 11:00 am

I range from full coverage foundations, to medium and light, then to cc creams and BB creams and even tinted moisturisers. I’m all over the place when it comes to foundations I love trying everything so this one is definitely for my more full coverage days haha. Thank you for stopping by the blog Yiota. x

15. Julia

January 20, 2018 at 8:56 pm

The foundation does sound really good! My skin is on the oilier side though, but I do feel like watery foundations are good with oily skins because they’re not as thick and let the skin breathe more. So I could totally see myself trying it out!

Julia x
    Last Post: The Best TK Maxx Bargain! | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/fashion-ode-to-tk-maxx.html

January 20, 2018 at 9:05 pm

Since you have skin on the oiler side you could always add a few drops of a more matte foundation into this urban decay one to give it more grip to your skin. I typically love to add this urban decay foundation into other foundations that are a bit drying on my skin or difficult to blend and it works so nicely.

16. Sam

February 5, 2018 at 11:32 pm

I’ve been meaning to try out new foundations and for some reason this never crossed my mind. This does sound like a great option for me being that I have dry skin and avoid matte foundation, so will check it out!

Sam Hodgett || Beauty & Lifestyle bits

February 6, 2018 at 2:51 am

If your skin is on the dry side then you will definitely love this foundation!