Burt’s and Bees cleansing oil

I don’t know about you guys, but from the moment I first tried a cleansing oil it has been a GAME CHANGER for me! I can’t imagine using any other product to take off my makeup, like honestly I don’t know how people cope removing there makeup via a different method. So when I was lucky enough to get to work with Burt’s and Bees – my eyes locked onto their cleansing oil.

It didn’t take long for me to become a fan so I am here to share my thoughts with you lovely humans!

Disclaimer: This product was gifted BUT this is not a sponsored post, and my opinions are my own and 100% honest!

Onto the review shall we?!

Targeted skin type: It’s friendly towards all skin types

Facts about this skincare product It contains coconut and argan oils, it contains antioxidant rich ingredients. It is 100% natural with no parabens, phthalates, petrolatum and SLS. It has not been tested on animals, it is dermatologically tested.

What is its purpose? It is designed to gently remove dirt and oil and makeup without leaving an oily residue on your skin.

Does it achieve this? Yes! It is an absolute trooper for taking off makeup, an easy 85% of my makeup comes off after one rinse (I always double/triple cleanse) but it does a hell of a good job all on its own, especially for taking the bulk of your makeup off.

Packaging: Plastic bottle with a pump lid!

How much product do you get?: 177 ml of product – it will definitely last you a good amount of time!

Did it irritate my skin? No it does not, it’s super gentle on the skin!

How many times a week do you use it? I use it every night (when I am wearing makeup) to take off the bulk of my makeup

How to apply it? I apply to pumps in hands and apply it to my dry (Makeup filled face) really working it in there, I then run my hands under a tap and work the product in my face more as it turns milky. Finally, I rinse and boom and face has gotten rid of the majority of the makeup! Easy peasy!

Formula: It’s a straight up oil consistency!

Pros: It’s gentle on the skin, gets rid of makeup very well, nourishes and softens the skin, your skin is left feeling super clean

Cons: If you have never used an cleansing oil before it takes a bit of getting use to – but I have no complaints about it. It is slightly pricer compared to my loved palmer’s cleansing oil but it’s so good and often on sale so there’s no problem there

Price: $36 AUD

Availability: Adore beauty, Ulta, Myer,

Rating: 8.5/10

Overall thoughts: This is definitely an awesome cleansing oil. It removes makeup very well and that is all I ask from a cleansing oil – that and it doesn’t cause me to break out or leave my skin with an oily residue. So this gets two thumbs up from me!

Would I repurchase it? I do see myself picking this guy up again

And that wraps up this review! Have you guys tried this cleansing oil or anything from Burt’s and bees? Are you a cleansing oil fan or do you use another method to take off your makeup? Drop a comment, I’d love to hear from you! I hope you guys all have an awesome day and I’ll catch up with you in the next post.

1. Kathrine Eldridge

January 27, 2018 at 3:20 pm

I am all about cleansing oils! I use Paula’s Choice one at the moment but need to check this one out.

January 27, 2018 at 9:00 pm

I’ve heard lots of good things about the paula’s choice brand but it’s a bit tricky to get here in Australia.

2. Charline

January 27, 2018 at 3:38 pm

GLad you love this product! I’ve never tried anything from Burt’s Bees myself. They’re getting into makeup and stuff as well, lately, which is exciting to see!

Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

January 27, 2018 at 9:01 pm

I haven’t tried much but there are already many more things I’d love to try. Yes their makeup does look awesome, I’m loving their lip crayons, the pigmentation is amazing. x

3. Danielle

January 27, 2018 at 5:16 pm

I love cleansing oils and I use them all of the time, so I may have to check this one out!

January 27, 2018 at 9:01 pm

Me too! I can’t imagine removing makeup with anything other then a cleansing oil.

4. Gabrielle

January 27, 2018 at 6:14 pm

85% makeup removal after just one rinse is amazing! This really does sound like such a great oil cleanser. I’m using a toner/cleanser by Clarins right now and loving it, but perhaps once I’ve finished it I’ll give this one a go! Thanks for the thorough review babe 🙂

aglassofice.com
    x

January 27, 2018 at 9:03 pm

I know right and I am not exaggerating! Ever since I started using cleansing oils, I haven’t looked back. This is the third brand I’ve tried after using the sanctuary cleansing oil for years. I also love the Palmer’s cleansing oil. All that’s really left our foundation traces which are the toughest to remove, hence the magic of double cleansing. I highly recommend them! Thank you for stopping by the blog.

5. Marie

January 28, 2018 at 12:00 pm

Love Burt’s Bees, very organic and effective!

Marie
    The Flower Duet

January 28, 2018 at 10:45 pm

Yes their skincare products are very lovely!

6. Gemma

January 28, 2018 at 12:27 pm

It sounds really lovely! It’s funny how brands have different names in different countries as it’s called Burt’s Bees in the UK 😍 xx

January 28, 2018 at 10:46 pm

Yes it is quite funny, they sure love to change up their brand name depending on the country. What gets me is when a product from a certain brand is named differently in each country.

7. Sofia

January 28, 2018 at 1:42 pm

This sounds lovely!!!! I’m getting slowly into oils as cleansers and I think I need to try this!

xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

January 28, 2018 at 10:47 pm

They do take some getting use to but I can’t imagine removing my makeup with anything else now.

8. Layla

January 28, 2018 at 3:34 pm

Ooooh this looks and sounds lovely – I really like Burts Bees as they have such a variety so this is definitely something that I’m going to look into! 🙂

Hope you’re well and hope you have a fab weekend!

Layla x

January 28, 2018 at 10:47 pm

They do! There are a few of their other products catching my eye – especially their hydrating face mask. Same to you lovely. x

January 28, 2018 at 8:49 pm

I don’t mind this cleansing oil but the only reason why I never repurchase was it stung my eyes really bad. 🙁

Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

January 28, 2018 at 10:48 pm

That’s always a risk with cleansing oils. I also love the Palmer’s cleansing oil and the sanctuary one as well. I’m like neither of those have stung my eyes. x

10. Katie

January 28, 2018 at 11:07 pm

I’ve been using micellar water to remove my makeup but I might have to give this a try instead! Traces of makeup always seem to be left, even after cleansing.

January 28, 2018 at 11:17 pm

I love micellar water as well but what I love using it for is after I’ve used the cleansing oil, I then double cleanse with an actual cleanser, then as a third step I go in with micellar water OR after using a cleansing oil, you can go in with micellar water as your double cleanse. Cleansing oils are just pure magic when it comes to removing the bulk of your makeup but of course one step is never enough when it comes to removing makeup. x

11. Vanessa

January 29, 2018 at 9:10 am

I had no idea Burts Bees did cleansing oils! I need to try it.

Vanessa x | http://www.springlilies.com

January 29, 2018 at 10:45 am

They do and it’s awesome! x

12. Yiota

January 29, 2018 at 3:16 pm

I haven’t tried many cleansing oils before, only a couple and I think the main reason is because I don’t wear much makeup during the day, I settle for BB creams so I remove them easily with micellar water. Sounds like an incredible product.

Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

January 29, 2018 at 8:12 pm

I use them for makeup removal so when I’m having a week where I’ve hardly worn makeup then I too don’t reach for my cleansing oil much either. x

13. Sally

January 29, 2018 at 3:49 pm

I absolutely love cleansing oils too, they’re so good for my skin type and I’d never go back to wipes or micellar waters! This one sounds like a dream! I love and trust Burts Bees a lot!

The Makeup Directory

January 29, 2018 at 8:13 pm

I know they make makeup removal so easy! I can’t imagine using any other product to remove makeup!

14. Sabiha

January 29, 2018 at 6:00 pm

I’m really into trying more gentler cleansing products and this sounds perfect. Oils are so nourishing too x

January 29, 2018 at 8:13 pm

Exactly and our skin needs lots of love after a day of wearing makeup. x

15. Ariana

January 30, 2018 at 1:07 am

I had no clue Burt’s Bees made a cleansing oil! I’ll have to pick this up on my next trip to the drugstore and give it a try.

Ariana

January 30, 2018 at 3:15 am

They do and it’s awesome! x

16. Shann Eileen

January 31, 2018 at 4:47 pm

I’m obsessed with trying new ways to effectively remove my makeup! I love a good cleansing oil as well as cleansing balms and micellar water. I haven’t really tried Burt’s and Bees for anything other than their chapstick, but this looks really good!

Shann Eileen | http://www.shanneileen.com

January 31, 2018 at 9:35 pm

I am so obsessed with cleansing oil, I can’t imagine removing my makeup using a different method. x