Makeup Revolution 12 Shade Palette | Essential Mattes 2

Hey peeps!

Its review time and imma put my eyeshadow palette addiction to good use right about now. Today on the menu? A matte eyeshadow palette!

Let’s get started.

Shade selection: The shade range is gorgeous! Many warm tones and they look very pretty in the crease.

Pigmentation: The shades are pretty nicely pigmented. I wanted call it amaze balls but I am able to use these shades nicely. If you guys are very picky with your shadows, maybe your eyeshadow taste takes you towards high end brands. So keep that in mind. The pigmentation is good but if you have very high standards, it may not be your cup of tea.

Is there any fall out? Minimal, you can only slightly tell with the darker shades.

Do they blend well?: Yes they do, with a lovely fluffy brush you can easily blend them. Tread lightly with the dark shades though, you want to slowly build them up.

Finish of the shades: Of course all the shades are matte.

Availability: The makeup revolution site (which ships internationally) and in the UK and US I believe it’s also available in stores.

Price: $8.47 AUD

Wearability: These shades are quite wearable. Many of them work in the crease for both every day eyeshadow looks and dramatic eye shadow looks as well. There are also some wonderful transition shades as well.

Packaging: Standard plastic casing for an eye shadow palette. The majority of the lid is clear so you get to see the shades inside.

Pros: Pigmented, easy to blend, wearable shades, all work in the crease, affordable

Cons: Only matte shades so if you like shimmery shadows on the lid you won’t find this palette can give you a full eyeshadow look.

Rating: 8/10

Would I repurchase this? Yes, the shades are warm tones and gorgeous

Would I recommend this? Yes I would. If you find that you are limited in the eyeshadow department in terms of what you should apply in the crease, check out this eye shadow palette.

Overall thoughts: It’s an awesome eye shadow palette. When I think of matte eyeshadow palettes I think of shades to wear in the crease. I find that all the shades would work in the crease and/or outer part of the lid. I have no complaints with this eye shadow palette.

And that wraps up the post. Have you guys tried this eye shadow palette? What are your thoughts? Do you guys like all matte eye shadow palettes? Drop a comment below and let me know. I hope you all have a fantastic day and I’ll see you guys in the next post.

1. Rachael

February 13, 2018 at 12:34 pm

I think this might be the matte palette I’ve been looking for!

February 13, 2018 at 12:45 pm

I highly recommend Makeup revolution as a brand of awesome palettes. Especially their newest releases I’m already planning an order from them.

2. Sally

February 14, 2018 at 3:32 pm

I have the original mattes palette and I always loved the formula but found lots of the shades quite unwearable and a bit too dark. This looks much more up my street!

The Makeup Directory

February 14, 2018 at 10:42 pm

Their essential matte 1 palette wasn’t my cup of tea either there weren’t many wearable shades. This one is definitely much more wearable! I can’t wait to put in a tam beauty order I haven’t ordered from Makeup revolution in over 2 years and they just have so many incredible products and new eyeshadow palettes I need to get stuck into!

3. Sabiha

February 14, 2018 at 4:33 pm

I tend to reserve mattes for the crease too. I really need to try more from this brand, they have such affordable and great quality products x

franklyflawless.com

February 14, 2018 at 10:44 pm

Exactly but some mixed palette never have enough matte shades. I am planning an order in a few weeks and I am stoked it’s been 2+ years since my last order and I just can’t wait to jump back into this brand.

4. Shann Eileen

February 14, 2018 at 4:45 pm

I love a good palette for when I’m traveling, makes things so much easier!

Shann Eileen | http://www.shanneileen.com

February 14, 2018 at 10:47 pm

Definitely though with all the palettes I love I don’t know how I’d manage to bring them all with me haha. x

5. Hillory

February 14, 2018 at 6:12 pm

Love all of these shades — such a versatile palette!

xo,

H

February 14, 2018 at 10:48 pm

It really is and the shades are just so pretty!

February 14, 2018 at 7:27 pm

That is such a stunning looking palette, I love matte shades so I think this would be right up my street!

February 14, 2018 at 10:39 pm

I don’t wear all matte eyeshadow looks. I did once or twice and didn’t mind it but they aren’t my usual thing. It’s just very handy to have a matte eyeshadow palette in the arsenal as lots of palettes can lean towards more shimmery shadows than matte.

7. Gemma

February 17, 2018 at 11:42 am

It’s such a great palette to own, as it’s so versatile alongside any shimmery palette and for £4 you really can’t go wrong xx

Gemma Etc. ❤️

February 17, 2018 at 9:44 pm

I know right! Makeup revolution is an absolute bargain! I can’t wait to place an order in the next two weeks, it’s going to be a big one.

8. Dreams&Lashes

February 19, 2018 at 5:04 pm

I have the iconic 3 palette and a couple others from Makeup Revolution and I love them!! The shades are so beautiful and really pigmented and easy to work with! xx

February 19, 2018 at 10:55 pm

I’m looking forward to trying many of the new makeup revolution eyeshadow palettes, i’m planning an order soon!