Hey there beautiful humans!
With today’s post I am MIXING IT UP. Not really, when you think about it as all I seem to do is yap on and on about beauty products. But I am talking about Korean skincare which is a first for me and a lovely site that sells them! I have wanted to get into Korean skincare for years and now that I got the awesome chance to work with Style story Au – I am finally able to talk to you guys about some Korean skincare.
Now style story Au is an Australian online retail store that curates Korean skincare! They have many Korean skincare brands and even some Korean makeup. So today I am going to talk to you about a couple of the products I have tried from them and my thoughts. So if you are interested in hearing all about Korean skincare – keeping reading!
- Facts about this product – Recommended for blackhead and whitehead sufferers, it claims to be an all natural AHA skin treatment. It contains pyrus malus fruit water, Hyaluronic acid and Niacinamide.
- What is the product meant to do? – It is meant to brighten the skin, exfoliate and smoothe out the skin, combat blackheads and closed comedones, cleanses the pores, repairs sun damage, helps prevent breakouts before they appear.
- My thoughts? – I don’t use this too frequently as it definitely packs a punch – by that I mean my skin tingles. But I do find that my skin feels much smoother when I use this and I need all the help I can get because I have a lot of texture (after enough research I finally have a name for it – closed comedones),
- How much product do you get? – You get 100 ml (the full size)
- Price point – $22.95
- Facts about this product – It is pH balanced, ideal for dry and oily skin types, includes AHAs and BHAs, contains plant extracts and it isn’t heavily fraganced.
- What is this product meant to do? – Clear excess sebum, combat flakey skin, allows you to better absorb other skincare products you place ontop.
- My thoughts? – Considering this product contains AHAs and BHAs, it’s so gentle! When I first used it I was treading lightly thinking it would be intense. It feels like any other toner on the skin, with little to no tingling. Keep in mind rarely any skincare products make my skin tingle even the Alpha H liquid gold (that’s how tough my skin is). So if you have sensitive skin you may get a little bit of tingling. Nevertheless this is definitely a daily product and I reach for it in the morning as I find other AHA/BHA products can dry out my skin, this guy doesn’t.
- How much product do you get? – You get 150 mls of product
- Price point – It retails for $24.95
- Facts about this skincare product – Suitable for all skin types, contains liquorice root extract, propolis extract, comes in a hygienic seal pump that maximises shelf life. It also claims to have skin restoring properties.
- What is this product meant to do? – It is meant to leave the skin fresh, soft and dewy as well as nourish the skin. It has a watery texture and I use it as a serum underneath my moisturiser.
- My thoughts – I quite love this essence. It’s so light weight and it sinks in super quickly. It makes the skin feel quite silky and when paired with the aqua cream it really makes my skin quite hydrated and nourished but it doesn’t feel heavy or like it is going to be quite congested.
- How much product do you get – you get 30 ml of product
- Price point – $32.95 AUD
- Facts about this skincare product – Claims to be packed full of skin friendly vitamins, suitable for oily, combination, sensitive and normal skin types. It contains liquorice root extract, ceramides, organic rice bran, collagen extract and propolis extract.
- What is this product meant to do? – It is designed to moisturiser and hydrate the skin. So it’s a moisturizer you can use it day or night.
- My thoughts – This product is quite different to other moisturisers I have tried. It has a very thin and light consistency but it has this ability to turn your skin into silk! Like as soon as put it on my skin feels extra hydrated, smooth, silky. It has almost this oil like texture to the skin (Not in a bad way) – as in your skin’s surface is that smooth it feels as though you’ve added the step of a facial oil to your routine. Between this and the essence this hydration combo is a killer. Your skin is massively hydrated and neither product is too heavy or overwhelming on the skin.
- How much product do you get – 30 ml
- Price point – $28.95 AUD
And that wraps up this post! Have you guys tried any of the products mentioned or have played around with Korean skincare in general? Drop a comment and let’s have a chat about it. I hope you all have a great day and I’ll catch up with you lovely bunch in the next post!
**Disclaimer: These products were kindly gifted to me but this post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own and 100% the truth.