Maybelline ‘Hyperglossy’ Eye liner

Hey there my favorite people! Y’all know I love to write a detailed review. I mean reviews are the foundation of beauty blogging, telling you guys what I think of a product, so I take them seriously. Eyeliners don’t get much face time here on ‘TMA’ but that doesn’t mean I don’t wear them – I just don’t wear them daily and I also don’t hoard them.

So I am going to cut the ramblings short & jump straight into the review!

Easy to work with?: Yes it is. This type of eyeliner is always my favorite to use. It comes within a teeny cone-like bottle and a very sleek applicator that makes applying liner to the upper lash line very easily. I’m awful at eyeliner and I find this very easy to apply eyeliner and control the thickness.

Does it smudge? I don’t notice any smudging or panda eye situations happening with this. Throughout the day you do notice near the inner corner of the eye, where you have applied liner to the upper lash line it begins to fade but that’s something I notice with many eyeliners. Keep in mind I do not have oily skin, if you have oily skin or extremely oily eyelids smudging could occur, I can’t make comments on this.

Can you make different styles of eyeliner with this?: You definitely can control the thickness of the line, but winged eyeliner is slightly tricky with this product because the brush applicator is slightly too flexible and you need something more rigid to draw the winged portion of the eyeliner with.

Is it pigmented: Yes it is. You don’t have to build up the pigment or anything, one swipe and you’re good to go. I just personally like to let it dry and then add a second layer but that’s just me.

Price: $9.95

Availability?: Priceline, Kmart, Target, Woolworths, Big W and Coles.

Shade range?: With this particular eyeliner, there is only one shade – black.

Pros: Easy to use, very affordable, pigmented, doesn’t smudge or cause any messy

Cons: Has a glossy finish rather than a matte finish, doesn’t include any other shades

Rating: 9/10

Overall thoughts?: This is a brilliant eyeliner. It’s easy to use, lasts a good time. I can’t really fault this eyeliner at all. I also love that it’s very affordable so there is no harm in trying out this eyeliner. All in all it does a bang-up job and I’m a big fan of this, it gets two thumbs up from me.

Would I repurchase this?: Hell yes I would repurchase this, it’s a great everyday eyeliner. Even when I’m in a time pinch I can use this and not worry about screwing it up.

And that concludes the post. Have you guys tried this eyeliner? What drugstore eyeliners do you find make application easy? Tell me in the comments. As usual, I hope you all have a brilliant day and I’ll see you in the next post.

1. Shelleen

March 9, 2018 at 12:20 pm

This sounds like a great eyeliner, I’m useless at applying so this sounds great x
    A Blushing Beauty Blog

March 9, 2018 at 8:51 pm

I am awful at applying eyeliner, this one though has such a tiny applicator it makes it easier. x

2. Naya

March 10, 2018 at 10:42 am

Sounds wonderful! I am sure this type of an eyeliner will be fun for spring/summer time, when you want your face to look dewy and your liner to have more of a glossy finish rather than matte. Thanks for the inspo! xx

Naya // http://www.partyparrotblog.com

March 10, 2018 at 11:14 am

It doesn’t look as glossy as you’d think it’s just not a matte finish so I can pull it off any season luckily enough. x

March 10, 2018 at 4:51 pm

I am going to have to check this out, I am on the market for a new liner!

March 11, 2018 at 12:38 am

I just love how super easy it is to use!

4. Yiota

March 10, 2018 at 6:47 pm

I am awful at applying eyeliner too, I usually go for eyeliner pens, i find them easier to work with but I always create a mess and have to start again haha!!

Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

March 11, 2018 at 12:39 am

It’s so fustrating how difficult it is to apply liner, this one is definitely so easy to use and get a nice thin line.

5. Gemma

March 10, 2018 at 9:43 pm

I’ve never heard of this before, but I don’t think i’d like a glossy eyeliner xx

Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

March 11, 2018 at 12:38 am

The tittle definitely makes it sound super glossy but I’ve never found it to look strange on the eye – it just looks like a regular eyeliner.

6. Annick

March 11, 2018 at 2:31 pm

I’ve got thee same one and I love it cause its so… black. Hope you have a nice week ahead!

March 12, 2018 at 2:49 am

It is such a lovely eye liner.

7. Charline Steuckers

March 11, 2018 at 3:44 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever seen this! Great to hear it performs so well.
    I’ll definitely go and check if they have it here in Belgium, it probably costs a bit more though, if they do 😉

Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

March 12, 2018 at 2:49 am

Maybelline has so many incredible eyeliners, the brand definitely doesn’t disappoint.

8. Julia

March 11, 2018 at 4:56 pm

This seems like a great eyeliner, the brush is really thin – I like that. I never go for expensive liners because I think drugstore brands do really go ones already, and this one seems just like that 🙂

Julia x
    Last Post: A Week in San Diego, CA | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/travel-week-in-san-diego-california.html

March 12, 2018 at 2:36 am

I am definitely loving thin applicators because I prefer a thin wing and with other applicators it’s very tricky to get that effect.

9. Samantha

March 11, 2018 at 5:03 pm

Drugstore liners are my JAM. They just work so well for me, and they’re inexpensive, I feel they’re hard to go wrong with. I’m finishing up my felt tip L’Oreal one, but I think I might go for one with a brush applicator next! I think I almost prefer a more flexible brush though, I just find it easier to control it.

Sam / My Beauty Cloud

March 12, 2018 at 2:36 am

I know right?! Like I’m not the best when it comes to eyeliner and I don’t want to hoard them so I am happy to find super affordable ones. Maybelline hasn’t failed me when it comes to eyeliners.