Colour pop Super shock blush

Hello there you beautiful humans! I am finally reviewing the colour pop blushes for you. Now you guys know I’ve tried my best to get on with cream products. 9/10 time it’s a love/hate relationship and I end up giving in because I can never seem to get the application right. This is usually the case with cream blushes BUT prepare to hear about a product that will have you not reaching for your powder blushes as much or using them as a top layer.

Okay enough yapping from me, let’s jump into the review so I can yap about the blush!

Pigmentation: The typical reason me and cream blushes don’t get along is how difficult they are to apply because of the pigmentation. You just apply a tiny amount and try to blend it out and before you know it – its orientation day at clown college. With the color pop blushes the pigmentation is there but it’s much more subtle and buildable so it makes it so much easier to apply! Even with the bright shades, this formula won’t dress you like a clown!

Formula: The formula of the Colour pop cream products is honestly from another planet. Now I know some people say it’s just a glorified cream formula. I don’t think so, I won’t call it a mousse formula per say. Okay imagine a cream blush, now a typical cream blush has a denser, heavy like feel to it. The formula of the blushes feels much more light weight and silky and has mousse like qualities because of its lighter and let’s call it fluffier texture. It’s not the easiest to describe but it is definitely not just a cream formula. It also lasts really well on the skin once it sets it stays AND it doesn’t slip and slide on the skin or cause your foundation to break up. It’s literally everything you’d want in a cream blush.

Finish: There are three finishes available in the blush range – Matte, Satin and Pearlised.

Packaging: It’s the standard color pop packaging for the cream products. A plastic round pout with a semi clear lid. Be sure to close the lid tight when you use it so it doesn’t dry out.

Wearability: The buildable nature of the formula makes the blushes wearable because you could go from a light tint on the cheeks to more noticeable and the shade range is very versatile, they have lots of wearable shades that would go with many makeup looks.

Price: $8 US

Availability: The color pop site!

Shades I own: I own the shade ‘Between the sheets’

Shade range: There are currently 18 shades.

Pros: Buildable, easy to use, affordable, long lasting formula, the formula is creamy and blendable

Cons: Being a cream product it is prone to eventually drying out. Though I purchased the blushes on June 27th 2017 and as I write this post it is June 23rd 2017 and the product is still going strong after nearly I year. When the product eventually dries out I’ll let you guys know if its unusable and needs to be tossed.

Rating: 8.5 / 10

Overall thoughts: I’ve always tried to get into cream blush but I just never ended up getting the hang of usual cream blushes. This formula by color pop (particularly for their face products!) is so buildable and sheer and it makes it super easy to apply. It doesn’t just splotch pigment on your face like typical cream blushes. AND it has a long lasting formula, we all know it’s not easy to find long lasting blushes, they seem to be the first thing to fade from our makeup. So there you go, a long lasting, easy to apply and affordable cream blush!

Would I repurchase it?: I definitely plan to get more shades! I was testing just how long the formula would go before drying out and I am just about a year in and it’s still working which I am happy with.

And that wraps up this review! Have you guys tried the colour pop blushes or any of their cream products? What are your thoughts, drop a comment below and tell me! I hope you all have the best day, I love you guys and I’ll see you in the next post.

1. Yiota

March 22, 2018 at 8:09 am

I have this shade too, it’s been a year that I purchased it and it just started to get dry. It’s a beautiful shade and I think it compliments most skin tones!

Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

March 22, 2018 at 10:20 am

I’ve owned mine for a year and a half & only now is it starting to try out.

2. Sabiha

March 22, 2018 at 12:03 pm

I’m always wary of cream blushers too but this one sounds good x

March 22, 2018 at 9:09 pm

Yes despite many attempts I’ve accepted cream blush isn’t my cup of tea but this colour pop one is so unique and different and unlike any other cream blush, plus it is super long wearing – not a quality thats easy to find in blush!

March 22, 2018 at 8:49 pm

I love blushers but never try ColourPop formula! I think I am definitely missing out!

March 22, 2018 at 9:10 pm

I highly recommend giving it a go! Even a couple of shades from cream eyeshadows & blushes to give you an idea of the formula. I also highly recommend their powder products!

4. Charline Steuckers

March 23, 2018 at 8:21 am

I haven’t tried the blushes, but I do own a highlighter. I bought a trio, two of which were just way too glittery for me.
    I sold them on Depop, and kept the one more natural looking one. I really like the mousse-like bounce formula, but I always prefer powders, just because I don’t like applying things with my fingers 😉 But it does last quite a long time, I must say!

Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

March 23, 2018 at 9:44 am

I agree while the colour pop cream formula is definitely my favourite cream formula and what I’ll stick to as I’ve given up on other cream products, I think I’ll always naturally gravitate towards powder products, they are just beyond convinent

March 24, 2018 at 4:09 pm

This is such a stunning product, I am going to have to try out Colour Pop very soon!

March 24, 2018 at 10:34 pm

Once you “try” the brand … addiction soon follows!

6. Angela

March 25, 2018 at 4:46 pm

Beautiful shade! I haven’t used cream blush in eons but this sounds tempting…

Blush & Pearls by Angela

March 25, 2018 at 9:48 pm

Cream blush isn’t my cup of tea but if I do go for it it will definitely be colour pop – I need to pick up more shades. This is the only formula i’ve liked.

7. Katya

March 26, 2018 at 10:24 am

This must be a nice product to get. I am certain that I will be hooked to this. In terms of pros and cons, I think it is something fair to have.

StyleSprinter Blog by Katya Bychkova

March 26, 2018 at 11:30 am

Definitely I highly recommend it!