Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation

Hey hey hey peeps! What up?! Okay so you guys probably can’t tell thanks to the magic of pre-writing but I haven’t written a post in nearly 2 months. This time it wasn’t because I was busy but I sort of fell off the bandwagon and once you fall off it definitely takes a minute to get back on. Now that I’ve switched to artificial lighting I am hoping to have more of a balance between taking photos & writing posts. Now this was just a mini update if you will but today’s post is a review of a long time favourite – the Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation.

So if you want to hear my thoughts, keep on reading!

Coverage: This is a light coverage foundation. Most of the time when you see the word ‘serum’ in a foundation’s name you can assume the coverage won’t be enormous.

Skin types appropriate for this foundation: Normal to dry/dehydrated skin. Oiler skin types will not find that this foundation lasts a great deal. I mean obviously, when you factor in primers and setting sprays you could make it work. But this foundation was made particularly for drier skin types.

Longevity: It lasts an average amount of time. On my dehydrated skin with an oily t-zone, I’d say it lasts between 6- 8 hours. Now, this isn’t including using stuff like a long lasting primer or the urban decay setting spray. Though I do notice my blemishes peak through rather quickly.

Application: It’s very easy to apply. It literally glides on even if you have dry patches or textured areas on the skin. This foundation does not accentuate any of that. I usually apply it with my real techniques face expert brush.

Packaging: It’s pretty standard foundation packaging. It’s in a tall and slim bottle, feels light and it has a pump.

Formula: The formula is super light-weight, blendable and very creamy.

Pros: Natural looking, blendable, feels weightless on the skin. It looks very flattering, glides over dry patches.

Cons: It doesn’t provide a lot of coverage, isn’t super long-lasting. The shade range is a bit limiting.

Shade range: There are only six shades in total. It does have some options for fair skin when I was very pale I find my first perfect shade match with this foundation.

Price: $32 AUD off Priceline. And it’s $22.42 AUD off feel unique.

Availability: Priceline, feel unique, Asos

Rating: 8/10

Overall thoughts: I love this foundation. It’s wonderful for the every day and looks so pretty on the skin. I just love how even though one may have dry patches it really just glides right over. This is definitely a lovely foundation worth checking out.

Would I repurchase this?: I have purchased it in a new shade as my current one is quite pale for me.

And that wraps up the post. Have you guys tried this foundation or any Bourjois base products? What do you think? Drop a comment and tell me. I hope you guys have an awesome day and I’ll see you in the next post.

1. Julia

March 31, 2018 at 8:05 am

I would love to love Bourjois foundations because dewy, natural foundations are my jam but the shades are so yellow that I just can’t make them work!

April 1, 2018 at 1:05 am

I’m lucky as I have yellow undertones so they work perfectly for me

2. Kay

March 31, 2018 at 8:48 am

I’ve never had much luck with this foundation!! I know a lot of people love it, but for some reason it just doesn’t agree with my skin at all. My skin is very (very!) oily and I find that this foundation just doesn’t stay on and becomes very patchy, very quickly. Glad you like it, though! Thank you for sharing your lovely review xoxo

Kay

April 1, 2018 at 1:05 am

Yes oily skin wouldn’t agree with this foundation. Thank you for stopping by the blog.

3. Jessica

March 31, 2018 at 10:43 am

I use to use this foundations all the time and i loved it! I must repurchase it.

April 1, 2018 at 1:05 am

It’s such a classic for me

4. Naya

March 31, 2018 at 11:11 am

This is still one of the best drugstore foundations in my opinion; I’ve gone through a few bottles of it and that is a big deal for me! Love it! xx

Naya // http://www.partyparrotblog.com

April 1, 2018 at 1:06 am

I know right it looks good everytime I wear it

March 31, 2018 at 2:04 pm

I have had my eye on this foundation for such a long time, I think it might finally be time for me to try it out for myself!

April 1, 2018 at 1:06 am

I highly recommend it, it’s such a wonderful everyday foundation

6. Cortney

April 1, 2018 at 12:19 am

I need to try this if it’s good for dry and combination skin! I will try and pick this up on the next Priceline 50% off sale. Hopefully I can find a good drugstore match!

Cortney || makeupwithcortneyblog.wordpress.com

April 1, 2018 at 1:07 am

It is, though the oily areas you’ll need to prime and powder to get it to last better there.

7. Sam

April 1, 2018 at 5:27 am

I remember trying this a long time ago (can’t exactly remember how I felt about it), but I heard they reformulated it last year, so I do want to try it again. Bourjois used to be one of my favourite drugstore brands when I was in my early teens and just getting into makeup. Haven’t explored much from them these days, but I guess it’s time to for a revisit

Sam Hodgett || Beauty & Lifestyle Bits

April 1, 2018 at 8:41 am

The foundation they reformulated was the HEALTHY MIX. Not the Healthy mix SERUM foundation – they are two seperate foundations, ones a light coverage and one is a medium coverage. I love both but I am pretty sure the serum version has the same formula. If you have dry/dehydrated skin you’ll love this foundation – I only have oilyness on my t-zone so I am able to make this foundation work for me. x

8. Lisa Autumn

April 1, 2018 at 9:37 am

This is one of my fave foundations 🙂

x Lisa | lisaautumn.com

April 1, 2018 at 12:40 pm

It’s still one of my favourites after many years!

9. Gabrielle

April 1, 2018 at 7:01 pm

Although it doesn’t provide amazing coverage, it sounds like a brilliant subtle and natural looking alternative as a foundation. Thanks for the fab review and Happy Easter!!

aglassofice.com x

April 1, 2018 at 10:24 pm

Yes it isn’t high in the coverage factor but it gives enough for those good skin days when you don’t need to cover much and it just makes the skin looks good! Thank you and same to you lovely. x

10. Charline Steuckers

April 2, 2018 at 10:50 am

I have the healthy mix foundation and I enjoy it a lot. I wouldn’t be able to get away with the serum one, though 😉
    the shade selection for Bourjois foundations here in Belgium really sucks. They never stock the lightest shade, and the second one up is always very orange and dark. It’s the same for most other drugstore brands, but from time to time you can actually find a lighter shade, just like the Vanilla Clair one I own of this particular healthy mix foundation, or the True Match foundations from l’Oréal.

Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

April 2, 2018 at 11:27 am

That’s such a shame that the shade range sucks. It really annoys me when these brands don’t have a wide shade range, they can be so lazy in that department.

11. Missy May

April 2, 2018 at 2:16 pm

Eight over ten is pretty good, wow! Thanks for your honest review. Sounds great!

April 2, 2018 at 9:56 pm

That’s me being a strict critic as I don’t want to throw 9’s & 10’s just everywhere haha but it really is an awesome foundation.

12. Holly

April 12, 2018 at 10:24 am

This sounds perfect for me, I always struggle with foundation accentuating rather than covering dry skin & this sounds like the formula avoids this. I have hear such good things about it, but it is lovely to have a breakdown of all the different areas and I will definitely be picking this up in my local next time I am out! Thanks for the recommendation!

Holly from The Art of Being Holly xo

April 12, 2018 at 10:01 pm

I definitely recommend it, its perfect because it just makes your skin look incredible natural but better. I hope you enjoy it. x