The Chenier Cosmetics Setting Spray

Hello there you beautiful human beings! It’s time I throw a review at you guys & since I’m an avid setting spray junkie – I thought I’d talk to you about a recent discovery! If you guys want to hear my thoughts on this lovely little Chenier cosmetics setting spray – keep reading.

Let’s jump in!

Is it finely misted? Yes it is and you guys know that I cannot stand setting sprays that aren’t finely misted! The lovely creator of this setting spray came out with 3 prototypes, each time working on the applicator and I can say she has nailed the mist. Your skin feels both drenched with product but the applicator sprays it on so evenly & finely your foundation isn’t disturbed at all.

Does it improve the texture/complexion of you makeup? This is definitely one of the main perks of this setting spray – it takes away that powdery look! And I’m not just talking about setting powder but blush/ highlight/bronzer. It makes your skin’s texture appear as one and there aren’t any powdery patches on the skin! This is a win for me because I always set my foundation with powder & definitely gravitate more towards a powder blush/bronzer/highlight.

Does it boost the longevity of your foundation? I do notice that my face definitely remains fresher for longer when I use this setting spray. Of course the longevity of makeup has several factors including skin type, the foundation you are wearing, primer, setting powder etc. all of which I use.

Does it hydrate the skin? It definitely does which is why I love to spritz my face with it before makeup as well as after. It doesn’t make the skin feel tacky or anything just refreshed & hydrated.

What finish does this spray give you? It definitely gives you a more radiant/glowy finished. Its not crazy obvious to the point where if you are a fan of a matte base – this will take away from that. It is however, definitely on the side of dewy.

How much product do you get? You get 50 ml of product

Does it ruin your foundation? No, as I mentioned earlier the fine mist lets you pack it on your face but your foundation isn’t disturbed whatsoever.

Availability: Chenier cosmetics site

Price? $40 AUD

Pros: It removes the powdery look to the skin, its super hydrating, gives the skin a glowy/dewy finish, lets makeup stay fresher on the skin for longer, & of course the best part – it is finely misted!

Cons: I’d love to see a large size of this spray sold as well as I do sense I’m going to go through it very quickly but other than that I have no complaints!

Rating: 8.5/10

Overall thoughts: This setting spray is quite lovely! I love how it removes the powdery look from the face & for someone who loses lots of powders (setting powder, blush, bronzer, highlighter etc.) it can be really easy to look overly powdery. I look fresher, more natural when using this spray and it gives me a natural radiant boost to the skin – it gets 2 thumbs up from me!

And that wraps up this post! Have you guys tried out this lovely setting spray? Drop a comment I’d love to hear your thoughts. I hope you all have an awesome day and I’ll see you in the next post.

** Disclaimer: This post is sponsored however all opinions are 100% my own and honest. Everyone has different experiences with products and I am sharing my own personal experience with this product.

1. Janine H

April 30, 2018 at 4:26 am

I have never seen this line in the US and this is a setting spray I would love to try. It really is a nightmare when they aren’t a fine mist. I’ve gotten little matte droplets on fresh makeup before and I was so pissed! I just ordered the MAC Coconut Fix+ and I’m waiting for it to arrive. Fingers crossed!

XO Janine

April 30, 2018 at 12:13 pm

Tell me about it! Setting sprays without a fine mist are completely pointless – Avoid the colour pop setting sprays, though I love that brand – their sprays were like turning a hose on my face

2. Kate

April 30, 2018 at 11:20 am

This sounds like something I would love! x

Kate Louise Blogs

April 30, 2018 at 12:10 pm

It’s a very lovely setting spray!

3. Gemma Etc.

April 30, 2018 at 6:05 pm

I’ve never heard of this company before but this spray sounds lovely xx

Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

April 30, 2018 at 11:33 pm

It’s an itty bitty company – all they make is the setting spray so far but it’s so good!

4. Christine

May 1, 2018 at 1:58 am

I’m not familiar with this brand but I do love a fine mist! Wondering if they’re in Canada or coming here soon! 😛 Will investigate once I finish my tatcha dewy mist!

May 1, 2018 at 11:43 pm

They are a small brand, currently only in Australia but as the brand grows I am sure they will be coming to many countries.

5. leanne page

May 1, 2018 at 7:30 pm

Ah this sounds so nice! I’ve never heard of this brand either. I wonder if they’re available in the Uk, i will have to have a look xx

May 1, 2018 at 11:04 pm

It’s a small brand, I believe it’s only available in Australia currently as she currently only makes the setting spray but as her company grows I’m sure she will make her products available globally.

6. Tiana

May 2, 2018 at 4:18 am

Spray is available worldwide – but shipping as usual is a ***** ;(
    There is a best offer option which can help combat that a little bit.

7. jane

May 2, 2018 at 6:19 am

I think i would love this product since I usually get cakey when putting on products on my face

Much Love, Jane | The Bandwagon Chic
    New Vlog Entry!

May 2, 2018 at 9:02 pm

It’s so easy to get caked up with foundation & powders, that’s the magic of setting sprays they make the complexion look incredible.

May 2, 2018 at 5:03 pm

I have been looking for a new setting spray, so I might have to treat myself to this one!

May 2, 2018 at 9:03 pm

It’s such a lovely option & I believe it’s also available off ebay for international peeps. x

9. A Very Sweet Blog

May 3, 2018 at 1:12 pm

I’m just getting into setting sprays and love them. This definitely sounds like a winner. Thanks for reviewing. I’m very interested.

May 3, 2018 at 9:39 pm

Setting sprays have become my newest obsession – I can’t stop buying them.

10. Face to Curls

May 7, 2018 at 9:12 pm

I’ve never seen or heard of this before but it sounds nice. I don’t use setting sprays all that often…I forget most of the times… Lol

Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com/

May 7, 2018 at 9:39 pm

I’ve become obsessed with them lately. x

11. Rachael

May 15, 2018 at 9:19 am

I haven’t heard of this brand before – but it sounds like such a nice spray, I’m only just starting to find a few that I like after years of thinking that they didn’t work!
    Helpless Whilst Drying

May 15, 2018 at 11:28 am

Lots of setting sprays can be a hit or miss I find that if they give an even spritz & don’t ruin my foundation I’m usually a fan.