The Beauty Arsenal | Foundation Collection Part 1

Let’s address the elephant in the room …. I know I have an unhealthy obsession with foundation. I feel like that needs to be said because after today’s post (and the fact that this is only part 1) will leave you with thoughts that I should probably go to rehab.

I don’t know why it’s one of my favorite categories of makeup. There’s just something about foundation – transforming your complexion and giving you the perfect skin you daily wish for. Of course, many people feel that way but still own less than 5 foundations because they are normal functioning adults. I don’t claim to be in that category.

Anywho, I’m going to chat with you guys about some of the foundations in my collection. This is just part 1 so be on the lookout for part 2 and 3!

Okay, this is going to be a long post, so I am going to cut the chit chat and jump straight in.

With your snacks & beverage in hand, on your marks, get set, let’s go!

Chichi fabulous and flawless foundation

This foundation leaves the skin look so smooth, like an instant Instagram filter on the face. It has nice medium coverage foundation, its super hydrating and just sits so nicely on the skin. This foundation always looks good when I wear it and I love it so much I own two shades (One slightly darker) as I had a summer tan at the time. |Review|

Too face born this way foundation

This is such a raved about foundation and the raves are definitely true! This stuff gives you flawless coverage and it seems seamless on the skin. It literally doesn’t look detectable on the skin, as soon as you apply it, it’s like your face has been photoshopped. It lasts very well too – though this aspect is debated. There are two groups – the ones who find it crazy long lasting (if you have combination skin) but I feel like those with extreme oiliness won’t find this it lasts well.

Mac studio fix foundation *

I was lucky to be gifted this wonderful foundation. It’s quite a versatile foundation, you can sheer it out or build it up. It lasts well, slightly drying but I just pair it with a hydrating primer to make it work. It lasts very well on the skin as well.

Thebalms tinted moisturizer

Whenever my skin is doing well I love to treat it to a light base – there is no lighter base than a tinted moisturizer This particular one is very hydrating, melts into the skin and just sits on my face nicely and lasts fairly well. My skin also looks super healthy & radiant when I wear this.

Innoxa anti-pollution foundation

I have mixed feelings about this one. I can’t truly appreciate it because the shade doesn’t match me well so I often have to mix another foundation with it. I will say this is a light, super natural foundation, it’s very hydrating and makes the skin look really glowy. Unfortunately with Innoxa foundations, while they may be lovely they also come with an awful shade range.

Bobbi brown skin nourishing foundation *

Looking glowy is my jam but on those days where sweating is going to be a factor the dewiness of the foundation needs to be toned down. Otherwise – we just look like a sweaty drippy mess! So when I stumble across a foundation that gives you that ‘lit from within’ look I’m over the moon. This foundation has really good coverage, easily a medium! It’s hydrating, blendable and lasts very well. It leaves the skin glowy without making it look wet. Finally a foundation we can wear in any weather.

Maybelline fit me foundation

While I have very good luck with the Maybelline concealers and mascaras. I’m all over the place when it comes to their foundations. While the formula of this foundation is really lovely & I rarely say that about matte foundations. The downside is Maybelline foundations are so pink toned and with that means finding an optimum shade match is impossible. I do mix a bit of a more yellowy foundation into this when I wear it to just try and balance it – not ideal if you just feel like wearing a foundation straight from the bottle.

Bourjois CC cream

While Maybelline foundations can be hit or miss for me – Bourjois foundations are my jam! I heard lots of buzz about this particular CC cream & being that Bourjois has already stolen my hearts when it comes to their foundations – I was sold! This is a super hydrating, well lasting base. Of course, it has a very light coverage but it’s just good for those good skin days where you feel like keeping the base simple!

Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation

This particular Bourjois base was my first love! The first foundation I ever became obsessed with. I feel like it speaks volumes that I still love it despite the explosion in my foundation collection. It’s hydrating, super easy to apply & blend and my skin always looks awesome when I wear it. You know what they say about first loves. |Review|

Innoxa hydroboost foundation

This is the perfect no-makeup makeup look foundation. Its super natural – I mean like literally the lightest coverage foundation ever. It just gives your skin a boost but don’t expect it to cover much. This is a good option for those who don’t like or feel like they need foundation as it just gives you a healthy looking complexion. It is a watery foundation so you will be applying it with a dropper applicator.

She aromatherapy age defying foundation *

A new one to the collection. When I first tried this I was blown away by how much I liked it! I’m still shook! It packs a lot of coverage, its super hydrating, it sits on my skin very well, it lasts well and give me a healthy glow. Even the shade matches me so well. I’m digging this foundation majorly & I haven’t been able to put it down.

And that wraps up this long ass post. Have you guys tried any of the foundation posts mentioned today? What foundations have you been loving? Drop a comment and let’s chat about it! I hope you all have a wonderful day and I’ll catch up with you guys in the next post.

^^ Products that were gifted to me for consideration will be marked with a (*). All opinions are my own and 100% honest.

1. A Very Sweet Blog

May 8, 2018 at 2:16 pm

I really love Too Faced’s Born This Way Foundation. I can always depend on it. I’ve been trying different foundations this year. I want to try the Giorgio Armani Luminous foundation.

May 9, 2018 at 10:29 pm

It’s just such an incredible foundation & I am in need of picking up a lighter shade as my current shade is too dark for me.

May 9, 2018 at 1:24 am

I really need to repurchase Bourjois Healthy Mix serum! I remember loving it so much!

Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

May 9, 2018 at 10:29 pm

It’s definitely a classic, it always looks good when I wear it.

3. clare

May 9, 2018 at 11:17 am

I really want to try some chichi products! the foundation sounds great

claresloves.blogspot.com

May 9, 2018 at 10:30 pm

I highly recommend the brand, it has some truly amazing products. x

May 9, 2018 at 7:03 pm

You have got so many of my favourite foundations here!

May 9, 2018 at 10:30 pm

And this is only part 1 haha I am so addicted to foundations I’ve had to literally force myself to slow down with foundations.

5. Georgiana

May 10, 2018 at 9:55 am

Bourjois make some of my favourite foundations, so I`m glad to see them on your list. Would you recommend “Born this Way” for someone with dry/combination skin? I was thinking of getting that one for such a long time.

Beauty Nerd

May 10, 2018 at 10:38 pm

I own many many Bourjois foundations. Currently all but one – their foundations are absolutely amazing. I personally have dry/dehydrated skin with an oily t-zone and it works wonderfully on me. I also have blogger friends with more combination skin (leaning more towards oily) and they too love it. But there are others who complain it was greasy and didn’t last well on them. So I personally recommend it as it’s a fantastic foundation but everyone’s skin type can be quite specific so try to get a sample before purchasing it.

6. Cliona

May 12, 2018 at 12:17 pm

The Too Faced Born This Way Foundation sounds perfect for my skin! It’s on my list to try this year x

May 12, 2018 at 11:45 pm

I need to pick up a lighter shade for myself as my current one is too dark, it’s such an incredible foundation!

7. Rosy

May 13, 2018 at 1:19 pm

I still really need to try the Two Faced Born This Way foundation, I’ve heard so many fantastic things about it.

Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

May 13, 2018 at 10:09 pm

I’m literally planning to pick up a lighter shade very soon as my current one is too dark for me – that’s how much I love mine.

8. Kiran

May 13, 2018 at 7:59 pm

Need to try the Too Faced Born This Way foundation, I think it might be a winner for me and the MAC Studio Fix is such a popular foundation I can’t believe I haven’t tried it yet. Great post! Thank you for sharing x

ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

May 13, 2018 at 10:10 pm

Yes the too face foundation is amazing! I haven’t played with my mac foundation enough as it doesn’t have a pump and I’ve been meaning to pick one up.

9. Katya

May 17, 2018 at 11:12 am

These products sounds great! I really want to try Bourjois CC cream.

May 18, 2018 at 8:39 am

Bourjois products never cease to amaze me – I own almost all their base products and I love them all!

10. Sabiha

May 17, 2018 at 12:25 pm

Woe that’s a massive list! I haven’t tried any of these. Although I love the promise of a new foundation I always end up coming back to my Nars Sheer Glow – I will still be on the look out for something that is just as good for me though!

May 18, 2018 at 8:39 am

& it’s only part one and I’ve recently purchased 3 new foundations haha. I personally wasn’t impressed with nars sheer glow, on me it just didn’t want to sit right which sucked as its definitely a cult favorite.

11. click here

August 28, 2018 at 4:11 am

August 29, 2018 at 12:05 am

I agree, when I want my foundation to look good I always go with that foundation. I’m planning to get that foundation soon, I’m so curious about it.