Mac ‘Select Cover up’ Concealer

Mac makeup isn’t something I have a lot of. The main reason being their products are very jacked up price wise in Australia and I am not paying nearly 50 bucks for a lipstick. That being said I’ve always found their concealers to be mostly at a fair price point for a high-end concealer. With drugstore makeup also being overpriced in Australia, the concealers from Mac aren’t that expensive when you think about it. You guys already know how much I love the pro long wear concealer (click here for the review) but I found the other two concealers I have from them haven’t got nearly as much attention.

So today I am here to review another concealer from Mac! Let’s jump in!

Coverage: This is definitely a full coverage concealer! It covers up everything – from spots to redness.

Longevity: It lasts really well on the skin. Of course, setting the concealer will always make it last better and I always set my foundation and concealer.

Formula: Its formula is where some people may not be over the moon about. It’s definitely on the thicker side of concealers. It’s not a mousse consistency but compared to the pro long-wear concealer by mac, it is much thicker in consistency. It definitely has a bit of a heavier feel to it. It’s definitely not that drying, more hydrating than the pro long wear concealer.

Packaging: It is in a squeezy tube packaging with a fine nozzle applicator.

Under the eyes or for spots?: I’ve tried making it work under the eyes because I love the coverage level. Some days I can make it look pretty good under the eyes, other days not so much. The less you use the better, you do not want to apply a lot of this under the eyes and I love blending it out with a beauty blender. It works wonderfully as a spot concealer! I love using it to cover up spots. I actually like to wear it under the foundation for when I am going with a light coverage base. I pop some of this on in my trouble areas then I throw on my light coverage base.

Pros: It has great coverage, not very drying and you get a lot of product! It sits well on the skin and blends nicely. Works well as a spot concealer. Its packaging allows you to control the amount of product you want with its nozzle applicator.

Cons: It has a thicker formula, slightly heavy. So it may not be everyone’s cup of tea and it’s a tricky one to wear under the eyes.

Price: $34 AUD

Shade range: It comes in 13 shades.

Availability: Mac counter, or the Mac cosmetics website

Overall thoughts: It’s a very lovely concealer. I don’t have many Mac products because they are extremely overpriced in Australia. But I find the concealers to be a reasonable price and considering how much product you get they last absolutely ages! This concealer covers really well and is less drying then the pro long wear concealer.

Rating: 8/10

Would I repurchase it?: I would. There aren’t many concealers I consider good enough as a spot concealer. This one definitely does a bang-up job at covering spots!

And that wraps up this review! Have you guys tried this concealer or any of the mac concealers? What was your experience? Drop a comment I’d love to hear from you guys. I hope you all have a wonderful day and I’ll see you in the next post!

May 19, 2018 at 2:51 pm

I’m not a fan of buying high end concealer and I tend to stick to drugstore options. This does sounds like a really good option.

Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

May 19, 2018 at 10:39 pm

While I do find base products to be worth it to go high end – I feel like my favorite concealer from the high end is definitely tart shape tape, aside from that concealer I am happy to stay in the land of drugstore concealers.

May 19, 2018 at 3:13 pm

I have always wanted to try this concealer, but for the longest time I have been preoccupied trying others out. I might have to treat myself to it soon!

May 19, 2018 at 10:38 pm

You definitely should! It’s quite a multi-purpose concealer. I actually also love using it as an eyeshadow primer as well but it’s a fabulous spot concealer and some days I can pull it off under the eyes.

3. Velvet Blush

May 19, 2018 at 3:47 pm

It sounds good, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to get away with it under the eye because my skin is quite dry and so I really need to blend to get it to look natural! x

Velvet Blush

May 19, 2018 at 10:36 pm

It’s definitely not the best option for under the eyes but it makes an awesome spot concealer. I can wear a bb cream, throw some of this concealer on and my skin looks flawless yet still natural.

4. Gabrielle

May 20, 2018 at 1:45 am

I had no idea the prices of MAC makeup was so much more over in Australia – that’s a shame! I totally agree with you though about very few concealers working well at concealing spots and so this definitely sounds worth it 🙂 I’m a fan of Clarins Instant Concealer for that very same reason!

aglassofice.com x

May 20, 2018 at 4:46 am

Yes they are, virtual every beauty product (makeup, skincare and haircare) is twice the price over here. Yes I adore that clarins concealer, it’s so incredible. x

5. Gemma Daniels

May 20, 2018 at 3:20 pm

I haven’t tried a MAC concealer in the longest time! I might have to swatch this next time I’m instore xx

Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

May 21, 2018 at 1:47 am

Mac concealers are some of my favourite, they always pack lots of coverage.

May 22, 2018 at 12:15 am

You are welcome. x

6. jane

May 22, 2018 at 6:04 am

To be honest i never tried mac foundation but sounds interesting
    I should invest in soon

Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

May 22, 2018 at 11:01 pm

Mac base products are definitely worth the investment. x

7. Kimberly

June 1, 2018 at 7:46 pm

Like you I don’t have too much MAC make up due to the price, but I have never tried their concealers before. I will have to check this out!

June 2, 2018 at 1:34 am

I find their concealers are definitely worth it and they last a long time too so it’s worth the investment