Freedom Makeup Pro highlights

Hello there you beautiful humans! Its review time and I thought I’d go down Highlighter Avenue and talk to you guys about a lovely highlighter. Now usually I am into the intense highlighters that make you look like a glazed donut. But when I am having one of those no-makeup makeup days I like to add a very subtle highlight to the face. Now excuse the photo, back when I ordered them they did arrive damage but I had waited two weeks and couldn’t be bothered getting them replaced because each highlighter was 5 bucks so it wasn’t the end of the world.

Anyways! Let’s jump into the review.

Does it work with many skin tones?: There are four shades available so the shades are quite versatile I just don’t know if for more deeper skin tones the highlight shades may work – there isn’t any sun-kissed shades in the range.

Is it overly glittery? No, it doesn’t have any glittery chunks or look glittery on the skin

Is it too natural? Yes! It is definitely on the natural side, giving your skin a lovely and subtle sheen. If you into crazy intense poppin’ highlighters, this one isn’t for you.

Is it available in many shades? There are four shades offered from this highlighter. The shades Diffused, Ambient, Brighten and Glow.

Day or night appropriate?: Definitely, one to wear during the day. Obviously, there’s no rule saying you can’t wear it at night and if you want the highlighter to be ultra-subtle even at night then go for it.

Where is it best for applying on the face? I love applying it on the cheekbones! As well as the bridge of the nose and cupids bow.

Price: $5.02 AUD

Availability: The tam beauty website!

Formula? The formula is very smooth, finely milled and feels light on the skin, the product doesn’t look to obvious or chalky on the skin.

Highlighter on fleek? You don’t get a popping highlight with this one but it does give you a lovely sheen to the skin.

Pros: Affordable, gives you a very pretty sheen to the skin, multiple shades available

Cons: The glow isn’t super intense, it has a subtle effect, no sunkissed shades available

Rating: 7/10

Overall thoughts: For a very subtle highlight, I surprisingly like them. They are very nice for those minimal makeup days where wearing an intense highlight just wouldn’t work. They are affordable as well so you really can’t lose with them.

Would I repurchase?: I wouldn’t smack the idea of buying these again and considering my damaged ones will run out quicker than the average undamaged highlighter, it may be sooner than later.

And that wraps up this review! Do you like subtle or intense highlighters?! Have you tried this highlighter from freedom makeup? Drop a comment and let’s have a chat! I hope you all have a wonderful day and I’ll see you in the next post.

May 28, 2018 at 2:59 am

I have been loving really subtle highlights recently so this sounds right up my alley. You also can’t go wrong with the price.

May 28, 2018 at 9:20 pm

Definitely! I mean i wasn’t over the moon when they arrived to me damaged but I let it go because they are so affordable.

2. Leigh

May 28, 2018 at 12:10 pm

They look pretty even if they’re a little damaged! They look like a nice everyday highlighter that I’d like! x

– Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

May 28, 2018 at 9:21 pm

This is the one highlighter I can use on my no makeup makeup days as on those days I’ve skipped foundation and other highlighters are too awkward to wear when you aren’t wearing foundation.

3. Shang J.

May 29, 2018 at 10:22 pm

These do look pretty but I want my highlight to POP like anything lol!

​​Shang J. | Beauterazzi

May 29, 2018 at 11:05 pm

I am definitely the same way. I only wear these on their own when I am having a no-makeup makeup look and the intense highlighters look weird. Most of them time when I apply this highlighter I apply an intense one over it.

4. Narhee

May 30, 2018 at 3:35 am

I am definitely into more natural makeup looks. Thanks for sharing this review!

Narhee | Made in Mauve

May 30, 2018 at 10:44 pm

You are welcome. Yes while I do prefer an intense highlighter 99% of the time, this one is perfect for those who like to keep it natural. x

5. Khadija

May 30, 2018 at 9:02 am

I love going all out with highlight because I love that glow! This sounds perfect for something subtle though! It’s good that there’s not chunks of glitter because it can look too much at times!

KHVDIJA | http://www.khvdija.co.uk

May 30, 2018 at 10:43 pm

This highlighter works well underneath the intense highlighters to allow the highlight to appear more blended. I rarely wear it on its own.

6. Liz Breygel

May 30, 2018 at 2:26 pm

We all lack a good and natural-looking highlighters on the market, thank you so much for this review. I have never heard of this brand before, but will definitely check it out 🙂

Lots of love ♥ Janury Girl

May 30, 2018 at 10:43 pm

I do only usually use this highlighter by itself when I am having a no-makeup makeup look but other times its lovely to use under a much more blinding highlight as it allows it to appear more blended.

7. Anna

May 30, 2018 at 5:42 pm

Haven’t tried the Freedom Highlighters – but I love products on the natural side! I’m currently looking for a new highlighter, but I’m most likely to get something creamy so I could use it without a brush on the road!

Have a great week!
    Anna

May 30, 2018 at 10:45 pm

If you are looking for incredible cream highlighters, I recommend the color pop cream highlighters!

May 30, 2018 at 8:21 pm

I might have to check these out, I always opt for a very light and subtle highlight!

May 30, 2018 at 10:46 pm

These ones are very affordable as well!

9. Sabiha

May 30, 2018 at 8:34 pm

I like a day appropriate highlighters too. In fact, I often find they can look nice even if you are going for a glam look because they give that natural glow to the face. Sometimes an in your face highlighter can look too much with everything else you have going on and in any case I always use those with a light hand. These sound really nice x

May 30, 2018 at 10:47 pm

I will admit I love my highlight intense! But I find that when I just slap on an intense highlighter it often appears unblended so going in with a subtle highlighter first & then carefully topping it with an intense one works better for me. Of course this highlighter is perfect for no-makeup makeup looks as I can’t seem to make any other highlighter look good when I’ve skipped foundation.

10. Charline Steuckers

May 31, 2018 at 10:24 pm

Wow, are they looking like they are because of how much you’ve used them? Or did you accidentally drop them? Shame they shattered anyways, as I know they look quite nice! I’ve heard lots of good from Freedom and Revolution and their highlighters. I believe they were one of the first drugstore brands to come with highlighters, too! Which is pretty cool if you think about it 😉

Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

June 2, 2018 at 1:39 am

Actually when I ordered them they arrived like that (the first time I had an online order mishap). They were super affordable so I couldn’t be bothered making a complaint & they were still usable. They are definitely a bargain!

June 2, 2018 at 1:40 am

They are such a bargain!

11. Layla

June 1, 2018 at 8:20 am

I love highlighters – especially in the summer months with a tan as I don’t want to wear too much make-up so a little bit of highlighter on the cheekbone or arch of the brow can really brighten the face!

Lovely products, there’s so many things which I need to check out but will be adding these to the list too…. 🙂

Layla x

June 2, 2018 at 1:38 am

My obsession with highlighters is at an all-time high, I can’t get enough of them. I can’t remember the last time I wore makeup without highlighter.

12. yiota

June 1, 2018 at 9:22 am

The price of these is great and perfect for every day use. I visit their website almost every day and add more items to my cart 🙂

Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

June 2, 2018 at 1:34 am

It’s an absolute bargain and for anyone into subtle highlighters, it’s definitely one to check out.

13. Hurriya

June 4, 2018 at 1:50 pm

I have never heard of this brand before – not sure they are available here in Canada. I’m definitely more of a bold highlight kind of gal but I definitely also have subtle highlighters in my collection for those conservative workdays and for those super sunny beach casual days.

14. Hurriya

June 4, 2018 at 1:52 pm

I am definitely more of a popping highlight kind of gal but natural glow does have a place in my collection on those conservative workdays or the sunny beach casual days.

June 5, 2018 at 2:41 am

I feel you girl! I’m all about the intense highlight but I’ve found that when I first apply a natural highlighter, then go in with the intense one everything looks more blended rather than me slapping on the intense highlighter right away