Well hello, there you beautiful angels! Okay so lately I’ve been trying (and buying) a lot of foundations, especially over the last couple of months & I’m not particularly keen on doing first impressions in blog post form. I find it a bit bland to spend an entire blog post talking about my first impressions of a single product when I plan to do an in-depth review. BUT this combining numerous first impressions into the one post has quickly become my favorite thing. So here I am with another edition of this series where I chat to you guys about the new makeup I’ve been trialing. If you want to check out part 1, click here.
Okay so enough chit-chat, let’s dive into the post!
- So the first thing I noticed about this foundation is just how full coverage it is! Like it is seriously pigmented and you definitely do not want to apply too much! It takes a bit of getting used to when applying it as it’s so full coverage you got to really work it into the skin. I apply it with a foundation brush & then go over it with a wet beauty blender to further blend it out. With this foundation, I find a beauty blender is a must to make sure it’s completely blended out.
- I didn’t find this to be a drying foundation. It didn’t look cakey or powdery on my skin (remember the key is to not apply too much in one go – build it up bit by bit). I’ve recently noticed I find this foundation easier to blend out than my Smashbox 15 hour wear hydrating foundation (I love that foundation but it can be a pain to blend out).
- In terms of the finish of this foundation, I don’t find it to be matte but I wouldn’t say its glowy either. It’s about a natural to demi-matte finish.
- Now in terms of longevity, this foundation seriously impressed me. I didn’t go in expecting it to be a crazy long lasting foundation only because it’s not advertised that way. I went in hoping it would be full coverage, hydrating & non-cakey and I was definitely impressed by how well it lasted! It looked good ALL day. Usually, halfway through the day, my t-zone is a hot mess but my t-zone looked fresh AF. I don’t have a skin type that works against foundation longevity
- All in all this foundation gets 2 thumbs up from me. The shade I chose matched me well (the undertones are on the yellow side – which is perfect for me) and I’m seriously impressed with this foundation, it isn’t a “quick on the go” foundation but it’s definitely worth the extra time to apply it.
- A very recent pick up and this is going quite out of comfort zone actually. I’m not into stick foundation but the number of peeps I have seen rave about this foundation has left me constantly thinking about it. It was a risky purchase for me because I felt like there was a very real possibility that it could be drying, cakey and difficult to blend. I will start out but saying my fears were pointless. It definitely doesn’t look drying on the skin, it looks undetectable which is awesome, it was fairly easy to blend though for this liquid foundation lover it took a bit of getting used to. It didn’t have that powdery/crusty look to it which I was super happy about!
- One aspect of this foundation which sort of underwhelmed me was the coverage level. I’d say its about a medium coverage level at most and I assumed it would be full coverage. Many bloggers, when discussing this foundation did say a little does a long way. So the first day I wore it I didn’t apply to much and I just felt the coverage level was average. The next day I wore it and applied a bit more and the coverage was better but still, it didn’t blow me away. I think with this foundation I am very wary you don’t get lots of product and for its price, I don’t want to apply a stupid amount. The second day I wore it, it definitely grew on me. I like how my skin looked and it covered what it needed to. My assumptions about it being a full coverage foundation is what probably left me a bit overwhelmed. I’m still undecided if I see myself loving this foundation to the point of repurchasing it but we will see how it does!
- I also will say this foundation or at least the shade I selected slightly leans more in the pink toned region so getting it to perfectly match me is tricky as my skin is very yellow toned.
- It’s around a demi matte finish and the longevity is incredible. I feel like that’s what the hype applies – the longevity is amazing!
- Boy oh boy has this foundation been on my wish list for a LONG time. Ever since I heard Jaclyn hill rave about it I was like “YUP gotta have it!” Fast forward 2 years later and I’ve finally picked it up. I love this stuff, its hydrating, glowy but with a good coverage level and lasts so well. The funny thing is I wore this foundation the over day and stupid me went H.A.M with how much I applied – I quickly grabbed my beauty blender, dampened it and blended while praying for a miracle & I was thankfully able to salvage my face. So I turned around a small disaster and the foundation still looked incredible but you definitely don’t need to apply that much foundation, silly me for wasting product. I’ve definitely learnt my lesson. Does anyone else without realising apply too much foundation?
- This is another hyped up foundation I had to pick up because everyone was raving about it. if you can’t tell I am quite shameless when it comes to foundation. This is a first impression post and these are all my recently purchased foundations. To be fair some of these have been purchased a few months back but I’ve only thus far worn them a few times. Any who – this wet n wild foundation gives you about a medium coverage. It’s quite thin in formula and blends out quite nicely. I’m not blown away by it ….. yet as I have a few others that have left me obsessed but the more I use this foundation the more I’ll be able to figure out how much I like it. I do like it and it looks good when I wear it with no dramas. But you know those foundations that while they’re good they don’t leave you obsessed. So we shall see how it goes with this one.
- Also, the applicator has this long plastic applicator. I guess it beats having nothing and being expected to pour it on the back of the hand but a pump would make it so much easier to work with.
- It has a natural finish, lasts well and sits nicely on my face.
- Okay, we are FINALLY at the last foundation! I am actually testing this out for the first time as I write this. What I noticed about this foundation is the decent coverage level it comes with. I was expecting it to be at a tinted moisturizer level in terms of coverage but I say it has more coverage than a BB cream. Its super lightweight on the skin, it doesn’t feel dry or crusty & blended out very easily. It does look slightly powdery on my face now this is the first time I am wearing it and my skin has been dry lately so I definitely want to play around with the primer I use and add some extra hydration to my skincare and we will see if it still looks powdery. It definitely loses the powdery look the longer you wear it. I applied it around 10am and it’s now 3 pm and it looks less powdery as its warmed up on my face and sort of melted in. So far it appears as it’s going to last well – the true test is what happens when I exercise with it on.
- Formula wise this foundation is so wonderful! It covers well, looks smooth on the skin and ‘Flawless’. It’s not easy to find a foundation that has a very hydrating, smooth formula but also packs a punch in the coverage department and lasts nicely. It’s also really easy to apply. BUT shade wise (I have a quite fair shade if not the lightest shade in the range and when it sets it goes easily 2-3 shades darker which makes it unwearable. It’s a shame because the formula is so good I don’t want to have to mix it with another foundation & alter its formula but it’s far too dark to wear on its own.
- This foundation comes with a sponge & blurring brush. I LOVE the blurring brush it’s so densely compacted, like very dense but it’s still soft and blends out the foundation so well! You just smooth it around your face, I’m so use to dabbing the foundation in, but with this brush, you smooth it around & it blends everything quickly & doesn’t reduce coverage! I wish they sold this brush separately because I’d happily pick up multiple. The fact that it doesn’t have a handle though will make it a pain to wash.
- Price point à $44.95 AUD
We made it to the end of this post! I feel like I need a nap and coffee now. I am fully away that I have a freaky addiction with foundations. It’s gotten to the point where I myself am overwhelmed with my foundation choices. Like I have too many foundations I love and it’s a struggle to decide which one to choose each day. That being said have you tried any of the foundations I have mentioned here today? What foundations have you been trying? Drop a comment and let’s chat! I hope you all have an awesome day and I’ll see you in the next post.
^^ Products that were gifted to me for consideration will be marked by a (*). All opinions are honest and 100% my own.