The NYX Contour Kit

Hello there you beautiful humans. I’m currently in Pjs, sipping my cup of tea while watching Harry Potter in the background (Prisoner or Azkaban … I thought I’d add). That was a totally random note but I thought I’d set the scene. In regards to this review, I’m talking about the lovely little nyx contour kit. A funny thing about contouring is I use to be OBSESSED with it – like any contour product I came across I’d snap up in a second and every time I wore makeup I’d contour. I’ve definitely embraced bronzing over contouring lately and I don’t have that same strong love for contouring as I once did. I now stick to the palettes I know work for me.

Okay, that was a tangent and a half! So let’s jump right into the review before I start yapping again.

Does it work for fair skin? There are definitely shades in there that are friendly for fair skin. I wouldn’t say this palette is a holy grail item for the pale peeps. I’m quite pale (not stark white) but I have to be careful when I contour and I still manage to successfully use this palette.

The Highlight shades

The contour shades

Is it blendable? Yes! The shades blend like a piece of cake, they’re super buttery and awesome for those of you (including me) who don’t have the best blending skills yet.

Is it easy to use? As mentioned above – it’s easy to blend nature makes it a piece of cake to use & apply!

Natural or full on? Unless you have a tan / deep skin tone – this contour palette won’t give you a natural look. It’s definitely for the days where you want a more chiselled/sculpted look to the face.

Does it last a good amount of time I’d say it lasts the standard amount of time a powdered contour would last on the skin. It doesn’t come with any crazy longevity but I don’t notice it wearing off too quickly.

Packaging: This palette comes in a plastic packaged casing – nothing special & doesn’t feel fancy BUT I love that it has a clear lid and you can see the products on the inside. You can also pop the products out. Not of their pan necessarily but the pan in a thin plastic case pops out.

Price: $39.95 AUD

Availability? Priceline, Feel unique,

Pros: The shades will give you a nice noticeable contour and that chiselled effect, the powders are super blendable and pigmented. You get 8 pans in the one palette.

Cons: It won’t be amazeballs for those with fair skin even though it still is workable on light skin tones.

Rating: 7/10

Overall thoughts? This is a very nice contour palette. I’ll admit it’s not my favourite but its still works very nicely & gives a lovely contoured effect.

Would I repurchase it? No. As I have another contour kit that is my ultimate favourite.

And that wraps up this review! Have you guys tried out this contour kit? What contour kits have you been loving? Be sure to drop a comment and tell me all about it. I hope you guys have an awesome day and I’ll see you in the next post!

1. Chanel

June 25, 2018 at 1:26 am

I love NYX products if I didn’t have a KVD and ABH contour palette I’d get this one. I love Prisoner of Azkaban! It’s my favorite Harry Potter movie, a little spooky!

x,
    Chanel | Je M’appelle Chanel

June 25, 2018 at 10:16 am

I need to try both those palettes, I’ve never splurged on highend contour palettes and now I kind of want to.

2. Naya

June 25, 2018 at 9:52 am

I think it is a nice little palette for people who are eager to try “contouring” yet don’t really want to splurge right away. I love my KVD Shade & Light cream palette, it is so good, you should give it a go! xx

Naya
    The Party Parrot Blog

June 25, 2018 at 10:16 am

I’m hearing many raves about that palette, I now feel like I need to pick it up because it sounds amazing.

3. Kate

June 25, 2018 at 5:40 pm

I like the look of those shades, although I too tend to bronze rather than contour. x

Kate Louise Blogs

June 26, 2018 at 12:40 am

I use to be obsessed with contour but then I fell into the bronzing bandwagon. Lately I have been delving back into the land of contouring recently and I’ve definitely missed it.

4. Geniussr

June 26, 2018 at 1:45 am

I like the contour shades better.. thanks for sharing your views and swatches..❤️

June 26, 2018 at 4:36 am

You’re welcome. Thank you for stopping by the blog.

5. Radi

June 26, 2018 at 6:55 am

Love that it’s got highlighter and contour shades in one! Pretty palette.

June 27, 2018 at 12:55 am

I know right, lots of contour kits don’t have shimmery highlighters & this one does.

June 26, 2018 at 7:40 pm

I have been thinking about picking this up for a whle, I really need to try out some more by NYX!

June 27, 2018 at 12:53 am

It’s quite a lovely contour kit and my favourite contouring product from nyx.

7. Angela

June 27, 2018 at 1:20 pm

I super pale so I never invest in contour palettes since most shades are too warm for me. NYX high definition blush in Taupe is still my go-to contour if I’m not using a bronzer that day.

Angela at Blush & Pearls

June 27, 2018 at 10:04 pm

I use to love the Nyx taupe blush for contouring. It was one of the first contouring products I tried.

8. Gabrielle

June 27, 2018 at 5:07 pm

I have very light skin, however I’ve got a sliiiiight tan right now and so I’m convincing myself this might just work on my complexion, haha! Fabulous review babe 🙂

aglassofice.com x

June 27, 2018 at 10:03 pm

This palette would be quite easy to work with on fair skin. Only one of the contour shades is extra dark and with the right brush and a light hand, you’ll get that awesome chiselled effect.

9. Em

June 30, 2018 at 12:58 pm

I’ve been considering getting this contour kit for the longest time. It sounds really good!

emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

June 30, 2018 at 11:03 pm

It really is a lovely contour kit, my favourite contouring product from Nyx!

10. Charline

July 3, 2018 at 12:17 pm

See I struggle with this one. I’ve debated wether or not to get this one multiple times, and I think the thing is: 8 shades is just too many, you will never use all of them. I wish they came in 4’s or 6’s, and since you can repurchase the separate colours and even make your own palette from an empty one (although that would be a bit more expensive), I still don’t think I need 8 contour shades. I did see that the blush pans fit in there too so I might make my own palette with highlight, contour and blushes one day. It’s just not something I really need and I wish they would make 4-pan empty palettes so I could really pick my favourite shades in there.

I now have a Nip+Fab contour palette with 6 pans and I feel like that amount just works a lot better for me. I tend to mix the shades all together for different looks and I actually use them all!

Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

July 3, 2018 at 9:10 pm

6 is the perfect number for a contour palette for me, I don’t mind the 8 panned palettes. I love to use this contour kit both for contouring and eyeshadow. The contour shades work well in the crease. I get the same way with highlighter kits, I cannot stand when there’s that one shade that is far too dark to use on the cheekbones, it drives me crazy.

I definitely need to try the makeup from Nip+fab, their products look so incredible!