RCMA ‘No Colour’ Powder

Setting powder isn’t something I particularly like to hoard. That being said my collection is still outside the realm of a normal makeup user. I like my setting powders to pack a punch otherwise they get banished from my draws (got to leave room for all the new makeup I shouldn’t be buying but buy anyway that’s not what today’s post is about.

Today’s post is all about the RCMA no colour powder. I am getting into the nitty and gritty! So if you want to know what I thought about this powder – keep reading!

Does it sit well over your foundation? Yes, it does! It doesn’t look cakey or chalky or overly a powdery on the skin. Now I don’t apply a lot – if you apply a lot of anything it will always look too much.

Is it drying? No! that’s the magic of this powder, I love applying it under my eyes because it doesn’t go dry or cling to anything it shouldn’t be clinging to. It looks undetectable on the skin and doesn’t make my under eye area feel tight.

Translucent?: Yes! As you can tell by the ‘no colour’ in the title. It is a translucent white powder. Now if you apply it with a heavy hand it does have the potential to cause a white cast on the skin. Of course the tanner you are the more chance of the ‘white cast’ occurring. Translucent doesn’t always mean translucent but definitely don’t apply it with a heavy hand.

Does it keep your makeup in place?: Yes, this sets foundation and concealer really well even though it’s not a heavy powder.

Flashback? I don’t take photos with flash photography so I haven’t tested this. But the fact the powder is in a white colour means flashback could possibly occur.

Packaging: The Packaging is what drives me nuts with this powder. It’s literally awful. It has a flip lid – so you can’t carefully tip the powder into the cap of the lid when using it, the holes are quite large so a lot of powder comes out and if you screw off the cap then there is no sift – so there is no control whatsoever when pouring the powder out. I had to use the packaging of an old loose powder of mine and I tip some of the RCMA powder over its sifter whenever I use it. It’s still super messy but this way I can use the powder at least without making my vanity look like it’s been flour bombed.

Pros: It doesn’t make the skin look cakey or heavy, the powder is very finely milled, it’s affordable, you get tons of product, it’s readily available at numerous places. It doesn’t leave the under eye area dry.

Cons: The packaging is absolutely frustrating!

Price?: $24-27 AUD (depending on which site you purchase it from), $15.99 AUD on beauty lish

Availability: Beauty bay, Beauty lish, Adore beauty, Discount beauty boutique, the rcma site

Rating: 8.5/10

Overall thoughts?: I love everything about this powder except for its packaging. Oh, how I wish the brand would consider repackaging this. I love how it sets my foundation and concealer, it’s definitely not drying and it doesn’t look cakey on the skin. What more could you ask for (… umm maybe better packaging?). I definitely recommend this powder guys, it’s awesome!

Would I repurchase this? Yes. Though I have an inkling it will take me years and years to finish this powder up.

And that wraps up this review. Have you guys tried the RCMA no colour powder? Is the packaging driving you nuts? Drop a comment below! I love hearing from you guys. As always I hope you all have the best day, I love you guys and I’ll see you in the next post.

1. Natasha

July 16, 2018 at 10:22 am

I’ve heard a lot of good things about this and I’ve wanted to try it for a while. Like you say though, I think the packaging would be really annoying and hard to use. The product itself sounds great though x

Natasha | https://floralsandcoralsx.blogspot.com <3

July 16, 2018 at 9:21 pm

The powder is incredible it doesn’t leave the under eyes feeling tight or dry but yes the packaging is very messy

2. Angela

July 16, 2018 at 1:27 pm

I’ve been using this religiously for the last two years and am still only half way through the bottle. Love it, although I agree on the packaging issue – I dumped some of mine into a powder pot with holes in the top to get it out easier since it can get pretty messy.

Angela at Blush & Pearls

July 16, 2018 at 9:21 pm

Loose powders are always difficult to finish up. I look at my Ben nye banana powder and think to myself why did you get the large size

July 16, 2018 at 3:37 pm

This was in my list to buy since forever but the packaging deters me from purchasing it. I am a klutz and I see myself spilling it everywhere.

Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

July 16, 2018 at 9:20 pm

If only they could repackage it,the product is so amazing but that packaging is very messy

4. Ana

July 17, 2018 at 9:14 am

I’ve heard great things about this powder, I’d love to give it a try xx

July 17, 2018 at 9:20 pm

It’s such an incredible powder.

5. Ankita Bardhan

July 17, 2018 at 11:26 am

My clumsy hands are scared to use it, I definitely gonna make a mess of my room with this! That being said I still wanna try this powder, the not causing any cakey-ness and dryness is too good to make a miss!
    Wishing you an amazing start to the week!
    Ankita | Real Girl Talks
    Instagram

July 17, 2018 at 9:21 pm

Loose powders always come with a mess factor, I just wish they fixed up the packaging. Have a lovely week too, lovely. x

6. Parie Joshi

July 17, 2018 at 11:34 am

I love the sound of this powder, need to up my game when it comes to powder! x

July 17, 2018 at 9:22 pm

I recently did up my game my getting the benefit set+refresh setting powder, the hourglass loose setting powder & the marc jacobs loose setting powder and I’ve been over the moon!

7. Caroline Malone

July 17, 2018 at 1:24 pm

I’ve wanted to give this a try ever since KathleenLights on YouTube has raved on about it! I don’t like the idea of the packaging either but you do actually get a lot of high quality product in it considering! I will for sure add this to my collection in the Winter months xx

July 17, 2018 at 9:23 pm

You definitely get lots of product! I haven’t even made a dent in it yet. I just use an old loose setting powder that I’ve emptied and tip the rcma no color powder into it whenever i use it and that does help so much!

8. Lily

July 17, 2018 at 3:58 pm

The product itself sound really good, not so much the packaging though!

Lily Loves | https://lilybassx.blogspot.com/2018/07/winky-lux-review.html

July 17, 2018 at 9:23 pm

I love everything about this powder, except the packaging.

9. Marina Rosie

July 18, 2018 at 6:59 am

Lovely review as usual! I have the RCMA no colour powder and I can agree with everything you’ve got to say! It’s a really affordable and high quality powder that’s comparable to those of Laura Mercier and other high end brands. I do agree about the packaging – it almost looks like icing sugar or salt packaging! xx
    Marina Rosie x

July 18, 2018 at 8:00 am

Thank you lovely! Yes it’s such an awesome powder. Icing sugar packaging would be easier to work with haha.

July 18, 2018 at 8:15 pm

I absolutley adore this stuff, I have been using it for years now and my skin has never looked better!

July 19, 2018 at 5:32 am

It’s the best powder. If only they improved the packaging!

11. Sam | Violet Hollow

July 19, 2018 at 7:38 pm

I really want to try this, i have heard such rave reviews. the packaging just makes no sense! I think its what has put me off all this time. Great review xx

Violethollow.com

July 20, 2018 at 4:22 am

The powder is truly fantastic though, it sets the foundation so well but doesn’t dry out the skin, leaving it feeling tight.