New Makeup I’ve been Trialling | #3

Good morning you beautiful humans! So while you guys know I’ve never been one to do solo first impressions as they’ve never been my thing I have really gotten into doing a multi-type first impressions series. I’ve done 2 of these already (1, 2) – click on the corresponding numbers to check them out. You guys get the drill I share my initial thoughts on the products after playing with them a few times (some I’ve played with a bit longer but none of the products mentioned have been trialled long enough to get their inevitable in-depth review).

Okay so let’s jump right in!

Too faced ‘Papa don’t peach’ blush

I’m not going to lie, I purchased this blush solely for its cute packaging. I just couldn’t not get this blush. It photographs nicely, looks cute in flatlays and is just an all-round gorgeous blush. Too faced has really been taking their packaging to another level and I’m not going to lie, there are many things from their peach collection I want solely for the cute packaging!  Now the blush itself is a gorgeous product, it’s pigmented but buildable so it won’t splotch pigment onto the face. It’s definitely my kind of shade and works with many makeup looks. If it weren’t for the cute packaging I wouldn’t have picked up this blush (because I am super-duper picky with what blushes I am willing to go high end for). Nevertheless I am happy to have this blush and I’ll definitely be wearing it a lot.

IT Cosmetics ‘Bye Bye blemish’ Concealer

This concealer covers up so well of course so for covering up spots it’s perfect! It blends out so easily (I find a lot of spot concealers don’t blend well) but this one definitely does. It lasts quite well over an active blemish and doesn’t break up and wear off quickly – I do use a setting powder + setting spray as well as a primer (so that may have something to do with it). I haven’t tried it enough to test out whether it truly helps with blemishes but when I give this product its full in-depth review we shall see.

Ofra Highlighter “Glazed doughnut”

After picking up the shade rodeo drive (and immediately falling in love with it might I add!) I needed more ofra highlighters in the fam. The only other shade I knew I’d be able to pull off on my skin tone for sure was glazed doughnut (which is paler than rodeo drive!). It’s intensely glowy – to the point where I have to be careful how much I apply as it can look unblended. I like to go underneath with a subtle highlighter, followed by glazed doughnut over the top (specifically on the high points of the cheekbone) for the extreme pop! It also makes an amazing inner corner highlight Btdubs!

Too faced Hangover 3 in 1 replenishing primer & setting spray

When it comes to setting sprays, I go by a simple rule – if it provides an even mist and can be sprayed over my foundation without ruining it I am happy. This too faced setting spray ticks both those boxes and is hydrating AF. I particularly love using this setting spray when wearing long wearing foundations (which can be drying). This setting spray feels like your skin has taken a massive drink of water. It’s definitely the most hydrating out of all of the ones I have in my collection

Marc Jacobs Under(cover) perfecting coconut face primer

This primer glides over the skin like a dream! It’s very hydrating and makeup sits so well over the top. I don’t feel like it makes my skin greasy (but I have dehydrated skin with an oily t-zone, PLUS it’s winter here so my skin is dry AF). That being said it just works so well at making your foundation look like skin. In regards to the hydrating primers I so far have in my collection, I definitely like this more than the too faced hangover primer (though that one is still lovely).

Ciate London Glow-To Illuminating blush

I’m not going to lie the way the blush looked in the pan was half the appeal as well as the shade itself. I wanted all 5 shades in the collection & I still do though they aren’t on the top of my list. The shade I picked up a coral/peachy shade which I am all about and it’s super glowy as well. It looks very pretty & flattering on the skin.

Becca Hydra-mist Set & refresh powder

This stuff is so unique and cool. From the outside it looks a finely milled powder but as soon as it makes contact with the skin – it feels cold & wet. That sounds weird but I don’t mind how it feels & it sets the foundation so well. Whenever I wear this powder I skip setting spray all together (and I never skip setting spray). I do it mainly because I want to truly test if I need setting spray and if I’ll end up looking powdery which I don’t.

You don’t get that much product, the container is pretty much half fill but still 10 g of product is pretty decent and it’s actually quite difficult finishing up setting powders.

Marc Jacobs Finish line perfecting coconut setting powder

I know you are probably sick of hearing “finely milled” when I talk about primers but let’s just get that out of the way – yes it’s finely milled. What I’m particularly loving about this powder is that its sifter is like a net and you just jab your brush and powder comes out. It’s completely mess free which I love! As you set your foundation with it, it virtually looks UNDETECTABLE. No cakeyness, dusty look to the skin. It does its work like a ninja without being noticeable on the skin. I’m so impressed with this powder.

Hourglass Veil translucent setting powder

As you can tell by this post I have gotten into high end primers and powders when previously I didn’t have any fancy options in those 2 categories. This particular powder hasn’t been out for long and as soon as I saw it I was like yup I need to purchase this. I knew I would like it, something about it told me it wouldn’t be a flop. I just didn’t know how much I’d love it! Of course the powder is finely milled but one of the things I love about this powder is as soon as you apply it, it looks virtually undetectable on the skin. For something that leaves no trace on the skin my foundation appears smooth, set very well and lasts so much better. I’ve never had a skin type that gave me major issues in the longevity department but my t-zone looks 10x better throughout the day. I’ve actually noticed that I’m sad to take my makeup off at the end of the day when using this powder – that’s how you know the makeup has lasted well. Bonus points include it’s quite easy to get the product out without mess. I give it a tap on the side with my brush and powder trickles out of the tiny holes!

YSL ‘Touche Eclat Blur’ Primer

This primer has definitely gotten lots of raves and positive reviews which is the main reason I wanted to try it. When I tested it on my hand in store, it felt silicone-like and slippery (I’ve tried similar versions from the drugstore & didn’t like those) so I was definitely worried I wouldn’t like it. I have tested this primer with a variety of foundations – foundations which I find can be tricky to apply / get looking smooth on my skin. Firstly, despite feeling slippery it doesn’t cause the foundation to break up or slip & slide. It makes the skin feels super smooth and silky. Foundations that looked iffy or didn’t always look smooth and each one has looked so much better with this primer, so it really does smooth the skin out. It does contain glitter particles but the skin doesn’t look glittery underneath foundation – it just has this healthy glow to the skin.

I don’t know how those with oily skin would feel about this foundation I know Tati from Glam life Guru didn’t like this foundation at all. So I’d do lots of research before purchasing or get a sample if possible.

Too faced Hangover primer

This primer is super hydrating and feels like a gel moisturizer. Foundation sits nicely over the top of it. It does feel like a hydrating moisturizer so depending on your priming needs you may need to go over this primer with a different primer, if you need something like smoothing or longevity from your primer.

Benefit ‘Blush Bar’ Palette

I have wanted to try the benefit blushes & hoola bronzers for so long but I never felt like shuffling $50 a pop for each one. On top of that, despite the cute packaging, they are quite boxy and appear like they would take up lots of space in my draws. Apparently this palette has always been a thing only each year a different one is launched. You get 4 blushes and the hoola bronzer (in FULL SIZE (like down to the gram not just pan size!) for only $99. If I were to buy the products featured in this pan separately I would have spent $250. So I easily saved $150 and avoided the boxy packaging by having them all in the one convenient palette. That alone makes me such a happy camper! I actually now possess the 3 main blushes I wanted from the brand with the shade ‘dandelion’ as well which is also pretty. I of course also finally have my mitts on the hoola bronzer which I’ve tried for years. These are all the pros of the palette & I haven’t even gotten to the makeup products itself!

And that wraps up this long long post! Have you tried any of the makeup mentioned in today’s post? What new makeup have you recently purchased? Drop a comment and let me know! I hope you all have a lovely day and I’ll see you in the next post.

1. claire

July 24, 2018 at 1:34 am

i love the too faced papa don’t peach blush! it is not extremely pigmented and it looks so pretty on the skin!

clairetalksbeauty.com

July 24, 2018 at 9:32 am

I love that about it, it is super easy to apply and let’s face it that packaging is so cute!

2. Caterina Sosso

July 24, 2018 at 7:25 am

The Too Faced Primer sounds amazing! Have you ever tried the Urban Decay setting spray? 🙂

Caterina | caterinasosso.com

July 24, 2018 at 9:33 am

Yes I have tried that setting spray and I even have a review up on the blog! — http://www.themakeupaficionado.com/2015/12/18/urban-decay-all-nighter-setting-spray/

there is the link if you feel like checking it out. x

3. Siobhán

July 24, 2018 at 11:35 am

Lots of products here that I want to try and some I already love like the MJ primer & Too Faced spray. That Becca powder, in particular, is very intriguing! xx

Beautylymin| ImageSkincareBundleGiveaway

July 24, 2018 at 10:32 pm

Yes that becca powder is so unique and awesome

4. Parie Joshi

July 24, 2018 at 12:36 pm

Ofra do some GORGEOUS highlights, I need to try! x

July 24, 2018 at 10:31 pm

They really do! So intense and blinding

5. Angela

July 24, 2018 at 1:44 pm

That Ofra highlighter does look blinding! I’d love to try the Marc Jacobs Coconut Primer when the weather gets cooler.

Angela at Blush & Pearls

July 24, 2018 at 10:30 pm

It really is, their highlighters are next level. It’s so hydrating and lovely, my favourite hydrating primer so far

6. Grace Sawford

July 24, 2018 at 2:27 pm

i love reading this review since i am curious about the products mentioned. thank you for sharing your thoughts!
    have a lovely day!

July 24, 2018 at 10:29 pm

July 24, 2018 at 6:08 pm

Unfortunately I am not the biggest fan of the Hourglass powder, I find the effect to be temporary and as the day goes by, it just disappears. I need to get the Marc Jacobs setting powder, I love all his products so far.

Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

July 24, 2018 at 10:29 pm

It definitely depends on skin type. I feel like drier skin types will love it more. Yes that Marc jacobs powder is amazing

8. Clare Whittaker

July 24, 2018 at 7:23 pm

the too faced blush is so cute! i definitely need to pick it up soon

July 24, 2018 at 10:28 pm

It’s the cutest blush ever

9. Nati

July 24, 2018 at 9:55 pm

‘Papa don’t peach’ is possibly one of the best names for a makeup product ever! Fantastic post and review.

Sending you good vibes!

Nati x | http://www.curatedbynati.com | @curatedbynati

July 24, 2018 at 10:27 pm

I know it’s the cutest name for that blush and look st that packaging

10. Lauren Victoria

July 25, 2018 at 8:59 am

The Ofra highlighters always look and sound so gorgeous! I always use a subtle highlighter underneath a more intense one. It works wonders that way x

Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.co.uk

July 25, 2018 at 11:13 pm

I know, it makes everything look more blended! Some people may not get it as it doesn’t allow the subtle highlighter to shine through but it makes it look so much better.

11. Marina Lovejoy-black

July 25, 2018 at 2:52 pm

Beautiful post! I have the Hourglass powder and, honestly girl, I LOVE it – so worth the money! But, then again, I have dry skin so I feel as if, for oilier girls, it might not be the best option but for me – obsessed. Yes, the hangover primer is also another one I have and find to be a triumph, as my makeup always stays on for a long period of time and it feel really nourishing underneath the cake! The papa don’t peach blush is next on my shopping list – I love peachy tones on dark skin so I reckon it could work for me.
    Marina Rosie x

July 25, 2018 at 11:12 pm

I love that powder so much as well! I have dehydrated skin with a oily t-zone and I’m obsessed with it, it’s so hydrating and keeps my makeup on all day but yes super oily chicks may not love it. I’m liking the primer but I’m not sure if I prefer the marc jacobs coconut primer over it. I did get the blush for its cute packaging but it’s such a pretty blush to use!

July 25, 2018 at 8:47 pm

So much new makeup. I am going to have to try the Too Faced Hangover Primer soon!

July 25, 2018 at 11:10 pm

I’ve since done another Sephora haul since this one haha. I’m liking the primer a lot but you got to try their setting spray, it’s so hydrating!

13. Phoebe

July 26, 2018 at 2:03 am

I like the Too faced Hangover primer, it makes my face looks so rosy and light. That is the product that I definitely buy back.

July 26, 2018 at 3:25 am

It’s definitely a wonderful product and makes the foundation go on so nicely!

14. Charline Steuckers

July 26, 2018 at 4:53 pm

Glad to hear you’re enjoying that Becca Hydra-Mist powder, I love it a lot myself! Never thought it would work on us oily skin girls but it does!

Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

July 26, 2018 at 10:31 pm

It’s an amazing powder and that’s so incredible that it also works on oily skin

15. Jasmine Stewart

July 26, 2018 at 6:38 pm

It’s a shame you didn’t love Papa Don’t Peach – it’s a favourite of mine! I need to repurchase the Hangover primer for sure – I love its hydration 🙂

Jasmine xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

July 26, 2018 at 10:29 pm

I do love the blush! I just meant that if the packaging wasn’t so cute I most likely wouldn’t invest in it as I save the highend blush options for unique blushes like hourglass or tarte

16. Deanna

July 31, 2018 at 9:05 pm

That entire Marc Jacobs line looks so gorgeous to me! Such a splurge but it’s hard to ignore the amazing reviews it gets! Love how peachy your collection is!

Deanna

July 31, 2018 at 10:21 pm

I know the quality of their products is definitely up there! Speaking of peachy I need to get the new peaches and cream collection from too faced, there is literally products I want just for their pretty packaging.