If I could only keep … 3 blushes

Though I am a self-professed makeup hoarder (I won’t even try to deny it), the funny thing is blushes were the very first category that I hoarded. It got to the point where I struggled to store all my single blushes. Fast forward to now, many of my single blushes have been depotted into palettes or have been decluttered so my blush collection has become more manageable!

Now it’s time to talk about what blushes I would select if I could only keep three!

Let’s dive in!

Hourglass Ambient lighting blushes

These are by no means an affordable option but all you have to do is look at them and it doesn’t take long to figure out why these are on the list! The most obvious thing is that they look absolutely gorgeous – like the most stunning blushes ever! BUT they also apply super easy, sheer but buildable on the skin and it looks so flattering on the skin. True to form with the ambient lighting range, you get this super flattering glow to the skin! These blushes cost a lot of pennies but they are worth it!

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes

It’s not easy to find a powder blush that’s long wearing but Tarte have found a way to do it. I have these blushes in the form of a limited edition palette but it’s one blush I definitely can’t live without! They are super easy to apply and last all day on the skin! With no other blush will I still see my blush visible at the end of the day.

Physician’s Formula Happy Booster blushes

These are an OG and I only have one shade (even though I need to get the other shades!) but they are just some seriously awesome blushes. They are super easy to apply, look very natural – even when you’re having a no-makeup makeup day and give you a very pretty glow!

Other blushes that deserve a shout out!

One blush that deserves mentioning which should be no surprise as they are a cult favourite, the Milani Baked blushes. They are pigmented AF, very glow and the shade luminoso is a shade loved by all. I have two other shades ‘Pink bellini’ & ‘Rosa romantica’ that are also gorgeous. Overall these blushes are high quality for their bargain price point! The Ciate London glow-to illuminating blush blushes also deserve a shout out. I only own one shade but they are so pretty (I won’t lie, the main reason I picked it up is because of how pretty the blush looked in the pan!). These blushes do give more glow than colour but the colour is still noticeable on the skin. This product is like a blush and highlight in one! The last blush or rather blush palette that deserves mentioning is The Chichi Ombre blush palette you get a lot of gorgeous shades in this palette – wearable ones that go with any makeup look and a few bright ones that give your cheeks a pop of colour. The palette is super user-friendly and the blushes are very easy to work with!

And that wraps up this post! Have you guys tried any of the blushes mentioned here today? What blushes would you choose if you could only pick 3? Drop a comment and let me know! I hope you guys all have a wonderful day and I’ll see you shortly in the next post!

1. analysa

July 31, 2018 at 4:45 am

Their colors look great, maybe I’ll try. thank you for sharing

July 31, 2018 at 7:37 am

Thank you. x

2. Siobhán

July 31, 2018 at 8:24 am

Hourglass blushes are my favourite too! I love how they look on the skin – they make me look healthy! xx

Beautylymin

July 31, 2018 at 10:14 pm

And let’s face it, those blushes look like art in the pan!

3. Parie Joshi

July 31, 2018 at 9:12 am

I love the formula of the tarte ones, so easy to blend! x

July 31, 2018 at 10:15 pm

And I find it magical how they last all day, it’s so hard to find powder blushes that last throughout the day.

4. Hannah

July 31, 2018 at 12:07 pm

I don’t tend to wear blush, but they all look so pretty! That Physicians Formula one looks stunning, and I love the sound of the finish too xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

July 31, 2018 at 10:15 pm

The physicians formula one is an old school favourite and I definitely need to get more of those blushes!

5. Angela

July 31, 2018 at 1:46 pm

Tough question…I love my Milani rose blushes (too pretty to throw away) as well as my blush from e.l.f. and Sleek.

Angela at Blush & Pearls

July 31, 2018 at 10:16 pm

I still have so many others I adore but with this series I’m trying to be strict in the scenario with the ones I’d hypothetically keep. E.L.F blushes are always awesome.

6. Clare Whittaker

July 31, 2018 at 3:04 pm

tarte and hourglass would be in my keeps too!

July 31, 2018 at 10:16 pm

Both those brands are legendary.

7. Marina Rosie

July 31, 2018 at 3:53 pm

Loving this post Bernadette! The Hourglass blushes are absolutely stunning and, by the sounds of things, worth the price – I love glowing, healthy looking skin! I also love Tarte and they come out with products using the best ingredients – the blushes not only sound good but look amazing too and that shade you have is to DIE for – gotta love a long lasting blush! x
    Marina Rosie x

July 31, 2018 at 10:20 pm

Thank you so much. I’m excited to keep going with this series, (of course there are some categories that have 5-6 selections but I don’t exceed that). The longevity of Tarte blushes seriously blew me away, I own more than this shade I also have the limited edition bazzar Tarte palette but I plan to pick up more of the singles!

8. The Exclusive Beauty Diary

July 31, 2018 at 8:43 pm

The products look amazing and this post is very interesting. That I need to pick only three blushes or some another make-up products, lipsticks, I really don’t know which I’ll pick. Thanks for sharing!

July 31, 2018 at 10:21 pm

Some of the categories in future posts I did go to 5 or six but I didn’t go further than that. It’s definitely super hard picking only a few when you love so many!

9. Corina

August 1, 2018 at 5:31 pm

Need to try them on. What if you only have to keep one? 😀

xo Corina

August 1, 2018 at 10:33 pm

I guess it would have to be the hourglass blushes

10. Jasmine

August 1, 2018 at 6:24 pm

I loooove the Hourglass formula – I’d have to have one in my top 3 too!

Jasmine xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

August 1, 2018 at 10:33 pm

Those hourglass blushes are definitely too good to pass up

11. jessica

August 1, 2018 at 7:08 pm

I definitely used to be a major blush collector and hoarder! I’m much better with it now and have really cut down my collection a lot, but I’ve still got a few Hourglass blushes in there because they’re always going to be one of my favourites. I’ve also got one Tarte blush that’s made it through all my culls as well, both of them are great formulas and I still love the shades I have so I can’t see myself getting rid of them anytime soon.

littlehenrylee.net

August 1, 2018 at 10:34 pm

Yes those two brandsmake the best blushes. Depotting my blush collection definitely helped me size it down

August 1, 2018 at 8:21 pm

I love the look of that Tarte blusher, it looks so pretty!

August 1, 2018 at 10:35 pm

I also have the limited edition bazzar blush palette from them and it’s so good, the formula is out of this world

13. TheDenaEdit

August 1, 2018 at 8:40 pm

You know, I’ve never used any of these blushes! The physicians formula one looks stunning! I love that brand!

Dena | http://www.thedenaedit.com/ | https://www.thedenaedit.com/2018/08/monthly-faves-giveaway.html xo

August 1, 2018 at 10:36 pm

That brand makes the best blushes and especially bronzers!

14. Radi

August 2, 2018 at 6:36 am

The way you collect blushes is the same way I collect lipsticks. The collection is insane, but I love it!

August 2, 2018 at 11:10 pm

I’ve never been a major lipstick hoarder as I pretty much only wear nudes and throughout the day I’m too lazy to reapply haha. I’ve actually gotten so much better with not hoarding blush, it’s palettes and highlighters that are the main danger now

15. Kay

August 2, 2018 at 12:04 pm

I love this idea for a post! 🙂 I agree with you, Hourglass blushes are like a holy graal… Expensive but so worth it, the formula is just so top notch. I’ve never tried the Tarte blushes, but they sound so lovely! Thank you for sharing, beaut. xoxo

Kay

August 2, 2018 at 11:09 pm

They are just so beautiful it hurts haha.i recommend the tarte blushes, they last all day on the skin!

16. Emily

August 2, 2018 at 8:00 pm

Yes! I definitely agree with this list. The Tarte blush is one of the best! Loving the emily ratajkowski cover in the background too haha. She is my idol!

-Emily http://www.coatandcoffee.com

August 2, 2018 at 11:08 pm

It’s such a long lasting blush, it’s pure magic! Yes haha I’ve been super into using magazines as props

17. Charline Steuckers

August 5, 2018 at 9:24 pm

I would love to try more Hourglass blushes, it’s one of my favourite formulas! Neer been able to get my hands on Tarte though, I’ve heard great stuff about their blushes too!

Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

August 6, 2018 at 1:53 am

Their blushes are pure heaven! Yes Tarte have such magical blushes, the only powder blush I’ve come across that lasts throughout the day and you can still see your blush at the end of the day.

18. Nicole

August 12, 2018 at 3:59 pm

I love these three blushes, they are so stunning! I’m completely obsessed with the Hourglass blushes too. The packaging is stunning and the product looks just incredible on the face. It’s one of the most gorgeous pieces in my collection. However, Tarte also makes some great blushes!

August 13, 2018 at 1:31 am

Everything about those hourglass blushes is perfection- I mean look at them, they’re a work of art!