New Skincare I’ve been trying

Hello there you beautiful humans! So after having an iffy month in the skincare department, (meaning my skincare routine & consistency sort of unravelled) – I’ve decided to give myself a kick in the butt and not dwell on it. I’ve whipped out some new products to play with as a result (while still determined to use up a lot of existing skincare). So I wanted to chat with you guys on these new skincare products I’ve tried and tell you what I think about them so far, so if this sounds interesting to you – keep reading!

Let’s go!

Supple Skin Co ‘Dew Drops’ *

Usually, facial oils have a knack for leaving the skin feeling a little greasy and taking lots of time to sink in the skin. This particular facial oil sinks in super quick – so much so that I actually apply this oil in the AM routine – before wearing makeup! That’s right I can wear this facial oil and still apply my makeup 5 minutes later! Its super hydrating and nourishing on the skin and your skin absorbs it super quickly. I’m not crazy about the scent, it has this earthy, herby scent to it but it doesn’t linger around the face too long which is a plus!

Neutrogena Hydroboost Water gel

After being obsessed with the gel cream from the hydroboost range, I was curious about the water gel. I wanted to see if the two compared, if they were totally different and which one I liked more. So far no major differences have struck me but I love the water gel, it’s that same magic of intense hydration but quick absorbing. It’s my go-to moisturizer in my AM routine and is perfect for wearing underneath makeup!

Nutrimetics cleansing balm *

You guys know I am obsessed with cleansing oils and cleansing balms are pretty much the same thing, only they are in a more solid form and melt into the skin. This cleansing balm does just that and you squeeze it out of a tube rather than out of a tub which is even easier to use. It’s super nourishing and takes off makeup nicely. Of course I follow up with a cleansing oil, after the balm to remove every trace of makeup and it’s the most nourishing way to take off your makeup.

Jurlique limited edition rose facial mist *

I love facial mists of every kind and this particular one comes in a gorgeous pink/gold glass bottle! The facial mist is super hydrating & fine and gentle on the skin and that bottle – I’ll definitely be keeping that pretty bottle when I finish the facial mist and fill it with water. I plan to use it as my beauty blender dampener.

Nutrimetics ‘Nutri-rich’ oil *

For a facial oil, this has a thick balmy texture & comes in a tub. I will say that when I first used it, it took forever for it to sink in (I may have applied too much) but my skin felt incredible even during the slightly greasy stage after I applied it. But an hour or two later my skin felt luscious and nourished. So just make sure you leave enough wiggle room till bedtime after you apply this!

Medik8 ‘Super c30’ potent Vitamin C Antioxidant Serum *

I’m obsessed with Vitamin C in my skincare as it always agrees with me! Now with serums, I haven’t found many (if any) that I’m 10000% obsessed with, I have many I like but I haven’t discovered any holy grails yet. So I’m excited about this one because I’m already feeling like my complexion has improved. Though be careful when including an acid toner in your routine when using this serum, it’s easy to irritate the skin if you overdo it.

Nutrimetics Clarifying clay treatment *

This is one of those charcoal-esque face masks that pulls out all the gunk out of your skin and boy does it do that. My skin felt very clean and fresh following this face mask and my t-zone felt like all the oil & gunk had been pulled out. This face mask also has a little bit of grit to it so it gives your skin a little bit of a scrub as well! I do recommend following up with a facial oil after this mask just to give your skin some extra nourishment as this is one intense mask.

Patchology ‘Cloud sleeping masque’ *

The main issue I have with regular sleeping masks is how tacky it leaves the skin, definitely not something you want to leave on your face as you sleep. (I’m one of those people who sleeps with their face in the pillow!). But this stuff is totally different! It feels like a heavy moisturizer, you slather it over the face and it gives you this white cast, fast forward 20-30 minutes and it has absorbed into the skin and your face feels magically hydrated, smooth, silky and just amazing. You do have a little bit of a greasy residue left over but that eventually sinks in as well. Btdubs – you don’t need to apply to much, the other day I applied far too much, the greasy residue becomes intense and it starts to pill into balls. A little goes a long way with this mask and your skin feels super lush the next day!

Omorphis ‘Intense cleanse’ cleanser *

A super hydrating cleanser, it has an earthy scent to it but it’s not overpowering and it doesn’t linger. The skin feels super clean while not being dried out, when you squeeze the product out it has this red/earthy colour to it – almost like it’s a clay mask but it melts into the skin and leave it squeaky clean. I love using this as my second cleanse once I’ve taken off my makeup.

Alpha-H “multi-vitamin’ super cream *

Prior to this little discovery, I had only tried one product from Alpha-H, the infamous liquid gold! So this seemed interesting but I had no idea how much I would love it. I use this product as a night cream though I think it can be used either in the AM or PM, its super hydrating without being heavy and my skin feels super nourished & silky smooth. Now, this gal is obsessed with gel moisturizers so when I say a non-gel moisturizer is good – YOU KNOW IT’S GOOD!

And that wraps up this post! Have you tried any of the skincare products mentioned here today? Drop a comment and let me know! As always I hope you all have a great day and I’ll see you in the next post.

^ Disclaimer: Products marked with a (*) were gifted to me for consideration. This is not a sponsored post and there are no affiliate links. Any links provided are solely there for convenience. All opinions are my own and 100% honest. I share with you guys my experience with beauty products, this does not make me an expert.

1. Sam | Violet Hollow

August 26, 2018 at 10:51 am

I love testing out new skincare, the Jurlique Rose facial mist has been on my wish list for awhile. Glad to read its working for you!

Violethollow.com

August 26, 2018 at 9:37 pm

It’s a fun thing to do, especially when you discover some absolute gems! Yes the facial mist is so lovely I use it both morning and night. x

2. Kay

August 26, 2018 at 10:56 am

Really enjoyed reading about your skincare picks, hun! 🙂 Some really interesting products here. I love the packaging for that facial mist, it’s so pretty and I could buy it for the bottle itself! Might check some of these out, thank you for sharing, beaut. <3 xoxo

Kay

August 26, 2018 at 9:38 pm

Thank you very much lovely! Yes it’s such a gorgeous bottle, exactly while I’ll be holding onto it after I finish up the product.

3. Siobhán

August 27, 2018 at 1:19 am

I love the sound of the Patchology mask and Medik8 serum! Need! xx

August 27, 2018 at 9:02 am

You definitely do, finally a sleeping mask that isn’t tacky on the skin!

4. Linda Libra Loca

August 27, 2018 at 7:26 am

I haven’t tried any of these, but I have tried a few bits of Jurlique and Alpha H that I loved, so I can see these working a treat. And I love Vitamin C in my skin care.

Anne – Linda, Libra, Loca

August 27, 2018 at 9:07 am

Vitamin C is one of my favourite ingredients in skincare. x

5. Angela

August 27, 2018 at 2:04 pm

Those dew drops sound amazing! I’ve been using a primer oil lately in my foundation and it has made such a difference in how my foundation sits on my skin. These all sounded great

Angela at Blush & Pearls

August 27, 2018 at 10:20 pm

It’s so cool to find a facial oil that sinks in so quickly. I can definitely use this one in my AM routine prior to makeup without fear my makeup will break apart.

6. Hannah

August 27, 2018 at 3:20 pm

I definitely need to get back into testing skincare, and you’re using so many great sounding ones! The Jurlique facial mist looks so good, definitely don’t blame you for keeping the bottle!xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

August 27, 2018 at 10:19 pm

Testing skincare is so fun and it definitely motivates me to be consistent as possible with my skincare it’s crazy how far I’ve come in the last 4-5 months, prior to that my consistency was appalling.

7. Jasmine

August 27, 2018 at 6:22 pm

I’m intrigued as to how this Neutrogena moisturiser compares to the other myself! I love the Jurlique mist 🙂

Jasmine xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

August 27, 2018 at 10:17 pm

I didn’t notice a difference whatsoever but I loved both. I do feel like the gel cream may be a tiny bit more hydrating than the water gel but it’s a hunch as I used up the gel cream and then began using the water gel so I wasn’t using them side by side. x Even though it’s a heavy bottle for a facial mist, it’s so worth it! x

8. leanne page

August 27, 2018 at 7:59 pm

I’m loving that Jurlique mist at the moment to. It’s so nice. I must re visit the neutrogena range, I tried it a while back and didn’t love it. But everyone seems to rave about it! xx

August 27, 2018 at 10:16 pm

If you have dehydrated skin, the hydroboost range by neutrogena is the absolute best. I can see how for those who have more dry skin, it may not seem as hydrating because their products are only packed with hyaluronic acid and no essential oils.

9. Lisa Autumn

August 28, 2018 at 10:15 am

I always love a good skincare post.

Thank you so much girl!

x Lisa | lisaautumn.com

August 29, 2018 at 12:05 am

I agree, who doesn’t love hearing about new skincare products. x

10. jade goddard

August 28, 2018 at 4:43 pm

wow amazing post thanks for sharing 🙂

jadieegosh

August 29, 2018 at 12:07 am

Thank you. x

11. Kate

August 28, 2018 at 8:26 pm

I’m a huge fan of the original Jurlique mist, would love to try this one! x

Kate Louise Blogs

August 29, 2018 at 12:06 am

It doesn’t hurt that it comes in a pretty bottle. x

12. Nicole

August 31, 2018 at 9:22 am

The Jurlique face mist seems like such a nice product. I also love the packaging on that!

August 31, 2018 at 10:01 pm