Dermalogica Sound Sleep Cocoon

Well hello, there you beautiful humans! Today’s post is quite an exciting one as I’m talking to you peeps about a very unique and brilliant product. I’ve been quiet on the skincare kick lately and I just have become a total skincare nerd with all the awesome products I’ve been discovering. So I am going to cut this introduction short and get started with the review.

Let’s go!

Targeted skin type Suitable for all skin types

Facts about this skincare product Optimizes night time skin recovery, contains active ingredients that transform skin overnight. It includes motion-activated essential oils to promote restful sleep.

What is its purpose? It’s basically a night cream but taken to an extra level. It’s gel formulated and it’s designed to be worn before bed and it works its magic while you sleep. Not only does it help you sleep better but it nourishes, hydrates and soothes the skin as you sleep.

Does it achieve this? Yes, it does! Not only do I notice that I sleep much better (i.e less broken sleep), I find it makes my skin feel absolutely wonderful. It feels soft like a baby’s butt, it feels smooth and nourished. I also find that I wake up in the morning and my skin feels amazing.

Packaging: It comes in the strange hard plastic packaging, it appears like a tub, only you give it a little twist, push it down and it pumps out the product.

How much product do you get?: 50 ml of product

How many times a week do you use it? I use this every night before bed as the last step in my skincare routine.

Formula: This is a gel formula (my favorite kind of formula for moisturizers). It’s lightweight, sinks in super quickly and leaves a silky glide to the skin (not greasy but super silky and smooth).

Pros: It makes the skin feel absolutely amazing! It sinks in quickly, super light-weight and it does help you sleep better. You also wake up with incredible looking skin. It’s so hydrating for how light-weight it is.

Cons: Its price is the only downside. I will say that I never use to be into night creams but this stuff has definitely converted me. I know I can purchase this via after pay as well so I don’t have to shuffle out the full $120 in one go. It’s also not cool that you only get 50 ml for $120

Price: $120 AUD

Availability: Mecca, Adore beauty, Dermalogica site

Rating: 9/10

Overall thoughts: This night treatment is absolutely incredible. It just feels absolutely luxe & makes the skin feel and look so good. There isn’t anything like it on the market and it’s definitely one of a kind. I love everything about it and I definitely recommend it!

Would I repurchase it? I definitely do see myself repurchasing this one!

And that wraps up the review! Have you guys tried out this product or anything from Dermalogica? Drop a comment & let me know. I hope you all have a lovely day and I’ll see you in the next post.

^ Disclaimer: This product was gifted to me for consideration. This is not a sponsored post and there are no affiliate links. Any links provided are solely there for convenience. All opinions are my own and 100% honest. I share with you guys my experience with beauty products, this does not make me an expert.

1. Angela

October 1, 2018 at 1:22 pm

I’d pay for anything that helps me sleep during the night without interruptions – sounds wonderful for all sleepless moms.

Angela at Blush & Pearls

October 1, 2018 at 9:58 pm

Between this and a pillow spray, I reckon that combination would make a massive difference to all the sleepless moms out there!

2. Kiran

October 1, 2018 at 2:29 pm

Oh oh oh this sounds pretty good and pretty expensive, this is definitely going on the list! Great review, thank you for sharing. Hope you are having a lovely week so far xx

ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

October 1, 2018 at 9:57 pm

The price is the one thing that sucks, everything else about it is perfection! But I have not tried anything like it and the way it makes my skin feel and look, makes it completely worth it!

3. Yiota

October 1, 2018 at 2:45 pm

I want to try this brand cause I see reviews on how amazing their products are but I have so many products that I need to finish first! x

Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

October 1, 2018 at 9:56 pm

I know the feeling, there is so much skincare I want too purchase but on one hand I can’t buy too much skincare at once (it’s not like makeup you can’t try it all simultaneously) AND I have lots of products to also use up. I’ve been going through a lot more ever since i became consistent which is awesome so I try to reward myself with 1-2 skincare products every time I finish 4-5. This is definitely going to be a repurchase I’m so obsessed. x

4. Paula

October 1, 2018 at 4:17 pm

I love this night treatment- it has such an amazing formula. The only thing I’m not a fan of is the bulky packaging.

October 1, 2018 at 10:00 pm

Yes I agree the packaging is a bit unnecessary, I don’t know if the packaging is perhaps necessary to the formula of the product. I know with Drunken elephant their night creams are in bulky packaging to protect the cream from oxygen and UV light.

5. Kate

October 1, 2018 at 5:08 pm

I’m a Dermalogica fan, though haven’t used their products in a long time. Not actually seen this one before but it sounds great! x

Kate Louise Blogs

October 1, 2018 at 9:53 pm

The quality of their products is absolutely incredible! This one is a new-ish product but it’s one of a kind!

6. Roxie Watt

October 1, 2018 at 5:52 pm

Ooo this sounds amazing! I’ve never seen anything like it before. I love products that get to work while you sleep.

Roxie | thebeautifulbluebird.com

October 1, 2018 at 9:53 pm

I almost wish i didn’t love it so much because of the hefty price tag but there is nothing like it, and everytime I use it – the following morning my skin felt and looked amazing. x

7. Diana

October 1, 2018 at 10:53 pm

We sadly don’t have the brand here at sephora, otherwise I’d give a go to this product – specially now that I am on the hunt for a good night moisturiser for the Autumn and Winter time ( I like to wear heavier moisturisers at night during the winter due to the cold!)

Wishing you all the best,
    Randomlydi

October 2, 2018 at 8:45 pm

This isn’t a heavy moisturizer as it’s gel formula BUT it’s hydrating powers are straight up magic!

8. Rachael

October 2, 2018 at 4:09 am

I’ve been contemplating whether or not I want to try their products. I’ve heard so many good things about it but my skins been breaking out like crazy with so much stress.
    Rachael | Rachael Latchman Diaries

October 2, 2018 at 8:44 pm

They have such consistency with the quality of their products!

9. Kay

October 2, 2018 at 7:14 pm

I too have been on a bit of a skincare kick lately! I don’t know what it is about skincare, it just really excites me haha, so I was so happy to see you do a skincare post, love! I do loooove the sound of this cream, but that price tho!!!! Sounds like it’s worth investing in, to be honest. I love a good night treatment. Thanks for sharing, lovely! xoxo

Kay

October 2, 2018 at 8:44 pm

Being consistent with skincare is definitely a tricky thing but it’s so worth it. I know the price tag sucks but the product is so freaking good! It’s so difficult finding night creams in the drugstore that do anything. The only thing I like is the Neutrogena hydro boost night concentrate but that isn’t similar to this one. x

10. Kelsey Bang

October 2, 2018 at 8:35 pm

havent tried dermalogica before but heard good things about it!
    kelseybang.com
    4allthingsdisney.com

October 2, 2018 at 8:39 pm

It’s a seriously incredible brand!

October 3, 2018 at 8:08 pm

I might have to get my hands on this and try it out!

October 3, 2018 at 11:59 pm

You’ll hate that you love it because it is expensive but it’s so freaking worth it, the skin feels amazing!

12. Maria

October 6, 2018 at 12:01 am

I use DERMALOGICA all the time. I’m gonna have to check this out. Thanks for sharing, lovely! Btw, I use their Antioxidant Hydramist, it’s a must that I always keep around.

October 6, 2018 at 6:39 am

It is such a freaking awesome brand! Their hydra mist looks so good I love facial mists, gotta check that one out!

October 6, 2018 at 2:48 am

I love almost everything that I have tried from Dermalogica but gosh, the price range is crazy.

October 6, 2018 at 6:39 am

It really is and when it does wonders for the skin you can’t but think dammit it, now I want to repurchase it! Haha

14. Andrew James (The Skincare Saviour)

October 6, 2018 at 3:21 pm

I love Dermalogica and i love the idea that you can create your own type of product with this but the price is a little insane!

October 6, 2018 at 11:27 pm

The price point is absolutely ridiculous! I almost wish I didn’t love it so much and I’ve trying to find a similar alternative – so far nothing.

15. Gemma Etc.

October 6, 2018 at 8:56 pm

I’ve never heard anything about this before but it sounds really nice and I love the brand already xx

Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

October 6, 2018 at 11:28 pm

It’s a fairly new product but it’s absolutely incredible. This brand can do no wrong.

16. Siobhán

October 9, 2018 at 9:31 am

Ooh it’s pricey but definitely sounds like it’s worth it! xx

Beautylymin

October 11, 2018 at 1:08 am

It really is and my bank account won’t be happy about it haha. x