Dr Jarts ‘Cicarepair Re-cover’ Cream

Good morning you lovely bunch of humans! So I feel this is the “quickest” I’ve gotten up a review for you guys. Normally I procrastinate for months before writing up a review, then it drops into the pre-written pile of post and many more months passed before it lands on the blog. This product is too good to delay talking about, I get many questions on Instagram about it with people asking me to review it. So here it is!

Let’s dive straight in because I’m too excited to ramble on any longer.

Let’s go!

What is this product? This product is a colour correcting treatment designed to conceal redness while treating and protecting troubled skin. It’s basically a green moisturizer you work into the skin and as you rub it in it turns to coverage and evens out your complexion!

Does it deliver? Yes, yes and yes! I can’t begin to tell you how freaking cool this product is! For starters it basically feels like an awesome moisturizer, only when you apply it, it turns to coverage. I love how it gives a your skin but better look and it’s a skincare product – so you are giving your skin nourishment and TLC! It does a great job at cancelling out redness.

What can you use it for? You could use it as a moisturizer that cancels out redness / a product to apply on your skin after a day of being out in the sun. You can use it as an Anti-redness primer underneath foundation (being a skincare product you’d be giving your skin TLC and creating a barrier between your skin and makeup). You could use this as a super natural foundation (either for no-makeup makeup days) or when you feel like wearing a full face of makeup but skipping foundation.

Appropriate skin types?: I do find that does with Normal-dry/dehydrated skin will love this product because it’s very hydrating and gives you a major glow. So those who want to use it as a primer or a foundation like product – drier skin types will find it to last better. Those with a more oily skin type can still enjoy this product as a skincare product – though keep in minds it leaves you looking glowy!

Coverage level? A natural tint to the skin, evens out skin tone and cancels out redness. You can build it up slightly if you have a lot of redness going on. If you are using this product strictly for skincare purposes you only need to apply a tiny bit, for “evening out skin tone” (A.K.A using it as a primer and/or foundation) you can build it up a little more by adding more after first initially blending it.

How do you apply it? You apply it onto clean, dry skin and working it in with your hands. As you work it in, it will turn from green to beige and conceal any redness.

How do I use it?: I basically use this as a foundation substitute! So for no-makeup makeup days. I will apply this all over the face and a little under the eyes with my hands. (no primer – I never use a primer with this product because I want it to make contact with my skin and share all its goodness). I set my under eyes (it will end up creasing later in the day, not super obvious though), eye lids and t-zone with a pressed setting powder. I throw on some tinted brow gel, mascara and bronzer. When wearing a full face of makeup, once again I apply this all over the face using my hands (still NO primer!), I apply a little bit of peach corrector under the eyes, then I apply concealer and blend it out. I set the concealer straight away with powder and my whole face lightly with a pressed setting powder. You could apply a teeny amount of spot concealer in certain areas if you needed it (before powder obviously). I do my brows which takes me like 5 seconds, I apply bronzer, blush and highlight. I do my eye shadow, throw on mascara and lipstick and boom I’m done!

Finish: A definitely gives a very dewy finish but in a natural way. Your skin just looks juicy and hydrated!

Longevity: This lasts really well throughout the day! Being that it’s a skincare product it doesn’t fade in a weird way or go patchy. The coverage level is so light that when it does begin to fade it isn’t obvious. I noticed at the end of the day (only when I went right up to the mirror) that it had half come off my nose. But it definitely doesn’t look obvious. The only thing I will say as since it’s like a moisturizer and it gives a lot of dewiness to the skin – if you have an oily t-zone like me you’ll start to look greasy throughout the day. I of course love using this as a foundation substitute so I just powder my nose. If you have oily skin don’t expect it to last long BUT because of it’s super light coverage – it fades naturally.

Shade: This product comes out green and as you work it into the skin it turns beige. It does run on the warm side so if you are extremely fair skinned, wearing it on its own is not an option. For me it’s about half a shade too dark and I apply a teeny bit off CC cream over it to cancel out the colour mis-match. If this product is too warm for you, you could dot a tiny bit of medium coverage foundation or simply use it as a primer.

Does it crease? It does crease on the eye lids a little bit and throughout the day I do notice a tiny bit of creasing under the eyes. It’s super subtle as the coverage is very very light.

How much product do you get? 50 ml

Price: $49.95 AUD

Availability: Nudie Glow, April Skin Ko, Lets face it Aus. Sephora US

Pros: It’s super hydrating, contains lots of skin loving ingredients, cancels out redness, gives the skin a lovely dewy finish, fades naturally, works well as a foundation substitute or on its own. It also contains SPF 30.

Cons: It does run a little warm shade wise which makes it tricky to wear on its own if you are fair skin toned. It’s very dewy so if you have super oily skin then you won’t like it on its own.

Overall thoughts? I freaking love this stuff! It’s been my saving grace for when I don’t feel like wearing foundation but still want to wear makeup as well as when I simply want to give my skin a break from foundation. It’s natural, dewy, hydrating and just so freaking awesome. I’m glad I found a way to make it work shade wise. I absolutely recommend this bad boy!

Would I repurchase? Absolutely! This has become a fast favourite of mine.

And that wraps up this review! Have you guys tried out this unique little gem from Dr Jarts? What are your thoughts? Do you love multi-purpose products you can use as makeup despite actually being a skincare product? Drop a comment and let me know. I hope you all have an awesome day and I’ll see you in the next post.

1. Emily McGregor

January 27, 2019 at 3:40 am

I’m on the fence about this product. I’m definitely in the oily boat so I don’t know how well this will work. If I could get my hands on a sample, I’d try it.

January 27, 2019 at 6:09 am

A sample never hurts. If you are in the oily department this would probably be useful as just a skincare product (if it matches you shade wise) and perhaps in winter. I need to dot a little bit of BB cream to make it match me.

2. Siobhán

January 27, 2019 at 2:57 pm

I’m very tempted to buy this because I have some redness due to inflammation so it sounds like it would work well for me xx

Beautylymin | Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette Giveaway

January 27, 2019 at 10:53 pm

It you love a super hydrating product, lots of dewyness and of course shade wise you can make it work – you’ll love it!

3. Gemma Etc.

January 27, 2019 at 5:54 pm

I don’t think it’d suit my skintone, but it sounds like a lovely product xx

Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

January 27, 2019 at 10:54 pm

As it’s only half a shade dark for me I was able to make it work by dabbing a little bit of bb cream over the top. I feel like if the shade is too dark you could use it as a primer underneath a full face of makeup

4. Mariya Zafirova

January 27, 2019 at 7:38 pm

Well, this sounds great! I’ll need to try it out!

Mariya | http://www.brunetteondemand.com

January 27, 2019 at 10:54 pm

It’s such a cool and awesome product.

5. LindaLibraLoca

January 28, 2019 at 5:31 am

I have no issues with redness, but I am very interested in the Dr. Jart products, the Ceramidin lotion is one that I think will be best suited for my skin.

Anne – Linda, Libra, Loca

January 28, 2019 at 7:44 am

I’m definitely curious about Dr jarts as a whole now.

6. Sofia

January 28, 2019 at 10:34 am

I have see Ozproductjunkie rave about this on her Instagram and glad to see others are finding it good too!! Still a bit pricey but I will keep an eye out for it 😀

xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

January 28, 2019 at 11:02 am

I literally got it because of her and I’m obsessed!

7. Ana

January 28, 2019 at 7:08 pm

It sounds like a lovely product, thanks for sharing your thoughts xx

January 28, 2019 at 8:53 pm

You’re welcome, thanks for stopping by. x

January 29, 2019 at 11:19 pm

It’s definitely underrated but so freaking good!

8. Ann

January 29, 2019 at 11:41 am

I’m curious about this product
    on how effective it can hide the redness.
    Nice review and pretty detailed too.

Ann

January 29, 2019 at 11:19 pm

It doesn’t come with much coverage but redness it can hide and it also allows you to build it up. x

January 29, 2019 at 11:18 pm

It is such an awesome product. I haven’t been able to stop using it!

9. Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

January 29, 2019 at 7:58 pm

This sounds interesting. I don’t tend to have redness but can see how it would work. The only color correcting thing I’ve tried is the Stila One Step Correct Primer.

Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

January 29, 2019 at 11:20 pm

I don’t really suffer from redness either but for me this is a “no makeup makeup foundation” and when I don’t feel like wearing foundation but I feel like wearing makeup, this allows me to do that. I literally skip the step of foundation and primer and replace it with this bad boy.

10. Jessica

January 29, 2019 at 10:26 pm

I find that products that are one-shade-suits-all never tend to work for my skintone as I’m quite fair, so I don’t think this would necessarily work for me on its own, but you mentioned that you mix it with other products anyway, so I’m sure it wouldn’t be too difficult to use. I haven’t tried this before but I do have the Cicapair serum from the same line and I absolutely love it. It’s really put Dr. Jart+ on my radar and I’ve become really interested in the brand and some of their more recent launches.

littlehenrylee.net

January 29, 2019 at 11:23 pm

Yes I am usually the same way. In fact this is half a shade too warm for me (could be more of a dramatic difference for those who are extra fair). As the coverage is very very sheer the shade difference isn’t too dramatic and can definitely be masked. Worse case scenario one uses it as a primer (a skincare product that will give your skin all the nutrients) and apply your usual foundation on top. If you love dewy skin, and have skin on the drier side this could work for you.

11. Melissa Kacar

January 30, 2019 at 7:10 am

I never tried anything from this brand, but this sounds like a great product! I’m gonna have to check it out. Thanks for sharing! 🙂

melissakacar.blogspot.com

January 30, 2019 at 10:37 pm

It’s such a lovely product. I highly recommend it! x

12. Khanak

January 30, 2019 at 7:59 am

Damn, I’m super tempted now and am going to have to check it out, haha. Great post!
    I’d love it if you’d check out my new post at https://khanakm.com/2019/01/30/punk-chaos-to-couture/
    Khanak x

January 30, 2019 at 10:38 pm

It’s definitely a unique but lovely product. x

January 30, 2019 at 8:19 pm

I haven’t heard of this before, but I might have to try and get my hands on it!

January 30, 2019 at 10:38 pm

It’s absolutely incredible! I haven’t been able to stop using it. x

14. jade bevan

January 30, 2019 at 9:08 pm

oh wow never heard of this! may have to give it ago! thank you so much for sharing this post !!

jadieegosh

January 30, 2019 at 10:38 pm

It’s an underrated product but it’s so dang good! x

15. Jen

January 31, 2019 at 1:27 am

I really want to try this!!

January 31, 2019 at 1:36 am

I highly recommend it, I haven’t been able to put it down.

January 31, 2019 at 8:07 pm

I don’t have redness but I like that this evens out the skin tone. Will put it into my list to try.

January 31, 2019 at 10:56 pm

If it works out for you shade wise and you love lots of dewyness and hydration then you’ll love it. If you skin is more on the oily side then this would be more in the skincare catagory for you. x

17. Laura

February 2, 2019 at 12:27 am

Everything I’ve heard about this cream sounds amazing!! I need to get it in my life!!

Laura || http://www.thelifeoflaura.com.au

February 2, 2019 at 3:18 am

You do! I can’t stop using it!

18. Jasmine

February 3, 2019 at 8:03 pm

This sounds like such a unique, interesting product! I’d really like to give it a go 🙂

Jasmine xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

February 3, 2019 at 9:09 pm

The shade adjustment is the main issue people have. It’s slightly too warm for me and for deeper skin tones it can be ashy but if you can make it work as a primer even if you have to layer it under medium coverage foundation, it can still be useful. I personally don’t have overly red skin but it still evens everything out for me and provides me this option when I feel like wearing makeup but skipping foundation. It’s basically a skincare product so even using it as a primer, is giving your skin nourishment and protection from a foundation making contact with your skin.