Tarte ‘In Bloom’ Tartelette Palette

This palette was the first ever high end eye shadow palette to appeal to me. I’ve only entered the high end eyeshadow palette game in the last year (and boy have the flood gates opened!).

So I am going to jump into the review before I go off on an unrelated tangent.

Shade range: The shade range of this palette is definitely on the cool toned side. Even though I’m more of a warm toned gal there are still many shades in this palette I adore.

Pigmentation: The shades are wonderfully pigmented and show up well on the eye. I always apply shimmer shades onto the lid with my finger (regardless of the palette) as I don’t have an eye brush that is great for applying lid shades.

First 6 shades

Is there any fall out? No there isn’t any fall out (at least I haven’t noticed any).

Do they blend well?: True to form with the tarte ‘Tartelette’ palettes, the formula of the shadows is so smooth & buttery that they blend incredibly well and with minimal fuss!

Finish of the shades: There are 2 shimmery shades, 1 satin shade and 9 matte shades. This palette definitely contains a lot of matte shades and has limited lid shade options.

Availability: Tarte Site, Sephora AU

Price: $69 AUD

Wearability: This palette is definitely super wearable. I personally find the only shimmery shade which works with a variety of eye looks is the shade ‘Funny girl’. The shade fire cracker is a dark shimmer bronze and the shade rocker is a cool toned light satin taupe. Many of the matte shades are wearable and versatile and 3 are extra dark to take part in a super glam eye look.

Packaging: Like all the tartlette palettes the outer packaging is super pretty & colourful. Quality wise, it feels luxurious and of good quality and it comes with a mirror. Also can I just say, the packaging of this palette (and all the tartelette palettes) is so photogenic, they makeup all my makeup flatlays look so good!

Pros: The shades are pigmented, smooth, blendable and easy to work with. There’s a very good variety of matte shades.

Cons: There are only 3 non-matte shades and only one, which is versatile with many eye looks. It definitely ranges on the cool toned side, I still enjoy using it but I don’t reach for cool tones much.

Rating: 7/10

Would I repurchase this? No. I like it and I’m happy to have it but I’m very strict with what makeup I deem worthy to repurchase (as this makeup hoarder can’t very well go and repurchase her entire makeup collection).

Overall thoughts: The palette is very lovely, the formula of the shadows is incredible and so awesome to work with. Aside from wishing there were a few more shimmery shades that were versatile, it’s a great palette.

And that wraps up this post! Have you guys tried the in bloom palette by tarte or any Tarte product? Drop a comment and let’s chat about it! As always I hope you all have a wonderful day and I’ll catch up shortly with you in the next.

February 3, 2019 at 9:04 pm

It’s no mystery why this palette is such a cult favourite. x

1. Deanna

February 3, 2019 at 1:11 pm

Such a gorgeous palette! Love your swatches. I would totally agree with your rating – this is such a good palette but it’s not one I would repurchase either!

Deanna | luxandvitae.com

February 3, 2019 at 9:06 pm

Tarte easily is in my top 3 for favourite high-end eye shadow formula. The funny thing is this was the very first high end palette to ever appeal for me and I forever adore the formula of tarte shadows, but when it comes to repurchasing palettes I base that on shade range as that determines how often I’d use it.

2. Mica

February 3, 2019 at 9:03 pm

It’s a lovely palette and I really like the shades, even if it’s not one you want to repurchase looks like you’re mostly happy with it 🙂

Hope that you had a great weekend 🙂 We had a fun but busy one with a kids birthday party and visiting friends 🙂

Away From The Blue Blog

February 3, 2019 at 9:10 pm

It’s a fantastic palette, and tarte make one of my favourite eye shadow formulas! I simply won’t be repurchasing because of how many eye shadow palettes I own – I have to be extremely picky with what I’d repurchase. So out of the tarte palettes I own, I’d only allow myself to repurchase toasted.

3. jade goddard

February 3, 2019 at 9:46 pm

omg they look stunning¬¬ i need to buy this!! thanks for sharing¬ amazing post my friend !

jadieegosh

February 4, 2019 at 2:42 am

Thank you. x

4. Saman

February 4, 2019 at 7:44 am

I have had this palette for so long and never used it. But recently I gave it a go, the shades are incredible, blend well. However I felt there was a bit of a powder kick off when I used these. But apart from that it is a lovely palette.

Saman || Beautydetour

February 4, 2019 at 11:12 pm

Yes it can be easy to ignore, I personally own too many palettes so many often get ignored. The mattes definitely do get a little bit more kick off but they are still very usuable and lovely. x

5. Gemma Etc.

February 4, 2019 at 8:54 am

This is one of my favourite palettes. The shades are gorgeous and I love that Tarte laid out the shades that you get you four horizontal quads xx

Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

February 4, 2019 at 11:13 pm

It’s an absolute cult classic and one of the OG popular palettes, I personally love toasted more but this is still an awesome option. x

6. Linda Libra Loca

February 4, 2019 at 12:31 pm

I haven´t tried anything from Tarte yet with the exception of one blush that I received as a gift from a fellow blogger.

Anne|Linda, Libra, Loca

February 4, 2019 at 11:14 pm

They are a fantastic brand, their eye shadow quality is so good and I also love their amazonian clay blushes, some of their highlighters and of course shape tape! x

7. Mel Hwang

February 4, 2019 at 3:17 pm

I absolutely love Tarte products and these colours look so wearable! Thanks for swatching them girl!

xx, mel

February 4, 2019 at 11:15 pm

This is definitely a very versatile palette, you’re welcome. x

February 5, 2019 at 4:31 am

A very pretty palette but I am with you on not repurchasing, it’s just not special enough.

February 5, 2019 at 11:12 am

Yes and when you hoard eye shadow palettes like me, you need to be extremely picky with what palettes you decide to repurchase. I do adore the formula of tarte eye shadow palettes though.

9. Emily

February 5, 2019 at 7:38 am

This is such a lovely palette. Definitely one I recommend for beginners and those new to higher end palettes.

February 5, 2019 at 11:12 am

Yes It’s good for those who like a one shop palette that will give them a simple eye that they can turn into an evening look.

10. Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

February 5, 2019 at 1:32 pm

I wear this palette quite a bit, I also really enjoy the warmer Tartelette Toasted.

Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

February 5, 2019 at 11:32 pm

Toasted is my all time favourite, the only one out of all my tarte palettes that I’d repurchase.

11. Tiffany

February 6, 2019 at 10:18 am

How good does this palette look. Love the colour selection.

Tiffany Tales | British Lifestyle Blog

February 6, 2019 at 9:49 pm

Yes the shade range is so so pretty. x

February 6, 2019 at 6:43 pm

I have had my eye on this stunning palette for such a long time!

February 6, 2019 at 9:49 pm

It’s an absolute gorgeous one to add to the collection. x