Colour Pop ‘Pressed Powder’ Blushes

Good morning gorgeous humans!

So it’s no secret that I’m a massive fan of Colour Pop – Particularly their pressed powder eye shadows (which are a game changer to me) but today I wanted to talk about another powder product of theirs, one that I was so excited for when it launched but let’s just say my thoughts didn’t meet the initial excitement.

So if you want to hear my experienced on these powder blushes, keep reading!

Let’s go!

Pigmentation: Super-duper pigmented, they definitely go on opaque straight away! So if you have a deeper skin tone you will definitely find some shades that show up wonderfully.

Formula: The pressed powder blushes are smooth but they aren’t as buttery and creamy as I’d like. Bear in mind they are of a matte finish (the single pan blushes). So I feel like their matte nature makes them very difficult to blend. On top of being difficult to blend, because they are intensely pigmented it can give you clown cheeks really easily. Being that I am on the pale side it definitely makes these blushes very very difficult to use.

Finish: The 6 shades I picked up were all matte. I’m pretty sure the pressed powder blushes that come in a single pan (so not part of the face duos) are all matte.

Wearability: The wide shade range gives you a lot of options, depending on your taste, the more subtle/nude shades are definitely the most wearable for a variety of makeup looks. These shade range also caters for a lot of different skin tones.

Packaging: Packaging comes in two options – wearability

Price: $7 AUD

Availability Colour Pop site

Shade range: The pressed powder blush pans come in 14 shades. All the ones I tried were matte.

Pros: You have the option of purchasing them in a pan (which can be placed in a custom palette or you can purchase them as a compact – so the packaging is flexible. They are long wearing and very affordable with a wide shade range.

Cons: Super-duper pigmented, difficult to apply, only available on the colour pop site.

Who wouldn’t like this? If you are a fan of sheer/buildable blushes that are easy to apply – these blushes won’t be for you. Though they have some nude blush shades so if you still want to try these blushes I’d definitely go strictly for the nude shades.

Rating: 5/10

Overall thoughts: These blushes aren’t horrible, you can make them work. I’m just the type of gal who doesn’t want to faff around with a complicated blush. I want my blush on and blended (no clown cheeks) in 5 seconds. These one’s for me were too tricky to blend and apply and just went on too strong. I do like that they are long wearing – not an easy thing to find in powder blushes, especially an affordable option. But seeing as I own quite a bit of blushes I just hardly reach for these ones. If you like an intense blush and you don’t mind putting your blending skills to use, perhaps you’ll appreciate these more.

Would I repurchase it?: No I wouldn’t. Since purchasing these blushes I have now decluttered three of them (the bold shades) and retained the nude shades to try and get myself to use them more.

And that wraps up this post! Have you guys tried these powder blushes from colour pop? What were your thoughts? Drop a comment and let me know! I hope you all have a great day and I’ll see you in the next post.

1. Gemma Etc.

February 17, 2019 at 12:20 pm

Ah I love the ColourPop blushes, but my skin’s super pale so maybe that’s why they work so well for me but I love the shades I own xx

Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

February 17, 2019 at 8:59 pm

I find the more neutral shades are nice but i just found them so difficult to blend. x

2. Layla

February 17, 2019 at 4:11 pm

This is beautiful – I love matte blushes so this sounds like something I’d like to add to the collection. I tend to use a hydrating primer and liquid foundation then adding my mattifying products on top so this sounds lovely and the colours are very pretty too!
    Layla x

February 17, 2019 at 9:10 pm

Yes that’s the best way to work with mattifying powders. Matte upon matte can definitely lead to cakeyness.

3. jade bevan

February 17, 2019 at 5:50 pm

omg that blush is gawjus! i love them! amazing blog post thank you so much

jadieegosh

February 17, 2019 at 9:10 pm

Colour pop knows who to make pretty makeup! x

4. Siobhán

February 17, 2019 at 7:21 pm

I think I’ll give these a miss – they sound tricky to work with xx

Beautylymin | Pat McGrath Mini Lip Gloss Trio Giveaway

February 17, 2019 at 9:11 pm

They are, I’m not fussy when it comes to blush but compared to their powder eyeshadows which are a DREAM to blend I’ve noticed their face powdered products are more annoying. x

5. Deanna

February 18, 2019 at 2:10 am

Interesting! I’ve been curious to try more face make-up out by Colourpop. I prefer a blush with a bit of a sheen to it so I can see myself having the same opinion about these that you do. Lovely review!!

Deanna | luxandvitae.com

February 18, 2019 at 2:20 am

Yes I just like fuss-free blushes, it’s one step in makeup that I don’t want any headaches with haha. x

6. Katya

February 18, 2019 at 6:49 pm

The colors are super neat and delightful. I prefer powder blushes similar to this. I cannot wait to get one myself.

February 18, 2019 at 8:26 pm

They also last nicely throughout the day too. x

7. Lackadaisy

February 19, 2019 at 2:00 am

They seem lovely, but I’m such a clums when it comes to applying make up that if it’s not done extremly easy, it’s probably not for me…

LackaDaisy

*LackaDaisy*

February 19, 2019 at 3:53 am

I’m the same way, especially with blush – it’s one thing I don’t want to have to fuss with. x

8. Jennifer Robertson | Mrs Q Beauty

February 19, 2019 at 3:53 pm

I never really looked into their blushes, but I do love their eyeshadows. Great review!

Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

February 19, 2019 at 9:23 pm

Their eye shadows are so freaking amazing. x

9. Hannah

February 19, 2019 at 5:49 pm

I love ColourPop, but I hate makeup that requires too much work too. It’s just so much effort xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

February 19, 2019 at 9:24 pm

Yes! Considering their eye shadows are so quick to blend out, their blushes are the opposite.

10. Caroline

February 20, 2019 at 10:51 am

That’s a bit disappointing that they aren’t that creamy, to be honest apart from eyeshadows I’ve not tried their other powder products but I think it’s super important that they are creamy to make sure they blend properly! I think though super pigmented blushes isn’t something I really look for because I worry I’m going to end up looking like a clown! xx

February 20, 2019 at 11:54 pm

Exactly, when you swatch them they feel fine but when you apply them, they’re quite stiff on the face and don’t want to blend. Blush is the one thing I don’t want to have to fuss with.

February 20, 2019 at 11:55 pm

Yes the shades are super pretty. x

11. Lauren Victoria

February 21, 2019 at 12:43 pm

I love your reviews! They’re always so easy to read and honest. I don’t tend to use matte based blushers because I prefer the natural look a shimmer creates xx

Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.co.uk

February 21, 2019 at 10:14 pm

Thank you so much. I’ve always loved doing my reviews this way because it ensures I don’t leave out important information, keep it to the point and make it easy for you guys to get the information you want. I agree I’m definitely starting to prefer more glowy blushes over matte.