Too Faced ‘Peach Perfecting’ Mattifying Setting Powder

Well hello here you gorgeous humans! So it’s no secret that I am a bit of a Too Faced fan. In 2018 my love from them went from just owning the born this way foundation (and adoring that) to owning a hell of a lot more from them. I have so many favourites from them so I thought I’d review one of those favourites for you guys.

Enough chit chat, let’s get in!

What are the claims of this powder? This powder claims to provide a wash of a flawless and matte finish, to be light-weight, brighten the skin and provide a smooth and even base. Claims to come in a universally peach hue, it is transfer resistant, brightens the skin and locks down makeup all day long. It also comes in a peach and fig and cream scent as well as having a hydrating formula that hydrates and nourishes the skin.

Does it deliver? First things first because I want to get it out of the way – it’s scented (heavily scented). Sure it’s nicely but I don’t find fragrance in makeup necessarily (especially base products) and the scent of this powder is quite intense. So if scents aren’t your thing, you won’t like this powder. In regards to the other claims of this powder, despite its “peach hue” it doesn’t make your complexion look pink and this is coming from a super-duper yellow toned gal. It’s also mattifying without being drying, cakey and leaving the skin feel tight. It does lock in foundation very nicely and does brighten the complexion a little bit.

Skin types appropriate for this powder: I would say many skin types could find a use for this powder. Although if you have extremely oily skin I can’t guarantee how this powder would work for those with very oily skin. I have dehydrated skin with an oily t-zone and this locks everything down without drying me out. If your under eyes are quite dry, I wouldn’t use this powder to set concealer.

Does it look detectable/cakey? Nope it’s finely milled (a word you guys know I throw around in almost every setting powder review) but it virtually goes undetectable on the skin. It gives the skin a very smooth finish which I love!

Does it keep your makeup in place? Yes it does. It definitely stops my makeup from slipping and sliding and keeps everything locked in. At the same time, I don’t feel like my skin becomes tight, dry or looks cakey or crunchy. For a powder that keeps the makeup locked in, it doesn’t make your complexion overly powdery.

How much product do you get? A massive 35 grams!

Finish: Soft matte

Shade range? It comes in one shade (a universal shade to go with many many skin types) It has a pink hue to it but it doesn’t make the skin look pink toned. I know fellow bloggers with a deeper skin tone that also love this powder so it’s quite versatile shade wise.

Packaging: Your typical loose powder packaging, it has a screw off lid, followed by a flip lid that covers the sifter. I personally snapped off the flip lid (the way I get out loose powder which is essentially turning the powder upside down for a milli second makes the flip lid annoying).

Formula: Finely milled x10000, non-drying, smoothing, and doesn’t leave the face looking cakey.

Pros: Keeps the skin matte without drying it out, applies very smoothly, looks undetectable and doesn’t give your complexion a dry, cakey/crunchy look, you get lots of product, and the packaging is cute. The price point is also fair for how much product you get.

Cons: The scent is strong and unnecessary, the flip lid personally annoys me (though others like it).

Who wouldn’t like this? If you don’t like your makeup products to have a scent, then you won’t like this powder. Also if you aren’t into mattifying powders.

Price?: $49 AUD

Availability: Mecca, Sephora US, Too faced site

Rating: 8.5/10

Overall thoughts?: I really love this powder. It’s not easy to find a setting powder that locks in your makeup without making your complexion look cakey. This powder does that as well as giving you a smooth, flawless finish. It does the job really well and though I could without the scent I love this setting powder very much.

Would I repurchase this? A big maybe!

And that wraps up this post! Have you guys tried this setting powder from Too Faced or any Too Faced products? Tell me your thoughts in the comments below. As always I hope you all have an awesome day, I love you guys and I’ll see you in the next post.

1. Angela

March 1, 2019 at 2:49 pm

I’m still trying to get through my first bottle of my RCMA no color powder, and I have a backup bottle already! Not sure I’d go for this powder, but I’ve heard the foundation from this line is lovely, although the scent might get on my nerves.

Angela at Blush & Pearls

March 1, 2019 at 10:03 pm

Gotta love the endless amount of product you get from the RCMA powder, I love it but it’s packaging drives me insane. I have so many loose setting powders now I’m overwhelmed and they’re a difficult thing to pan. I want to definitely try the foundation next.

2. Siobhán

March 1, 2019 at 3:37 pm

So many people rave about this! I might try to get a mini size to test it on my dry skin! xx

Beautylymin

March 1, 2019 at 10:04 pm

I have dehydrated skin with an oily t-zone, It isn’t overly drying, I love pairing it with very dewy foundations that can almost slip around my face. Also, since you guys are heading into the warmer months, now is your best bet to try it.

3. Jen

March 1, 2019 at 11:30 pm

This sounds awesome! Too bad it’s scented (I’m so sensitive when it comes to scents unfortunately). I agree with you, I don’t understand why base products, especially powders, need to be scented.

March 2, 2019 at 10:11 pm

I guess it’s the whole “marketing” behind this line but the product itself is so awesome and high performing it doesn’t need the gimmick of a scent.

4. Gemma Etc.

March 2, 2019 at 10:21 am

Really want to try this as I love everything else I’ve tried from the TF Peach collection. This powder sounds really lovely xx

GemmaEtc.com

March 2, 2019 at 10:12 pm

It seriously is, gives you a soft matte finish without drying your skin out. x

March 2, 2019 at 3:32 pm

I have wanted to get my hands on this powder for ages!

March 2, 2019 at 10:13 pm

You will love it! It gives you a soft matte finish but doesn’t dry out the skin.

6. Whitney Hong

March 2, 2019 at 10:48 pm

I definitely want to give this a whiff just to see how fragrant it is !

March 3, 2019 at 10:43 am

Think of peach perfume. It definitely doesn’t smell like fresh peaches haha

7. Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

March 4, 2019 at 1:29 pm

I struggle with Too Face scenting their products. I have to return the Peach palette because I couldn’t open it in the mornings. This does sound like a great powder but I’m reluctant to try Too Faced.

Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

March 4, 2019 at 9:59 pm

The fragrances haven’t kept me from using their products, I can tolerate it but I do think it’s unnecessary. x

8. Hannah

March 5, 2019 at 11:28 am

That’s nice how it lasts long. I actually would like the smell, I have the Sweet Peach palette and I love how it smells like peach gummy candy!

Hannah the Mad Dog

March 6, 2019 at 2:55 am

The smell isn’t a deal breaker for me it’s simply unnecessary. x

9. Jasmine

March 6, 2019 at 9:06 pm

I think this is probably my all-time favourite setting powder 🙂 I also believe a new deeper shade was just released in it!

Jasmine xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

March 6, 2019 at 9:37 pm

I purchased it after hearing you rave about it! It really is just so good. Yes they did the same for the born this way powder and released a deeper shade which is awesome.

10. Geniussr

March 11, 2019 at 4:48 am

Sounds like a wonderful powder… love too faced packaging… Thanks for your great review…❤️

March 11, 2019 at 11:56 am