L’Oreal Paris Pro Glow Foundation

Well hello there you gorgeous bunch of people! It’s time for a review and I thought about talking to you guys about a foundation that has generated lots of buzz even though it’s been out for quite a while (not as long in Australia as it has been in the US).

So I thought I’d share my thoughts with you guys, after all this foundation hoarder may as well be reviewing foundations from her hoarder collection, my addiction may as well serve some purpose.

Okay let’s go!

What are the claims of this foundation? This foundation promises to give you 24 hour wear time, gives you a lasting glow as well as having a light-weight hydrating formula.

Does it deliver on these claims? I haven’t worn this foundation for 24 hours straight but it does last nicely on the skin. Of course, I pair it with a setting powder, primer and a setting spray so those three factors will always impact its longevity. It definitely does have a light-weight formula and it is quite hydrating. The glow levels of this foundation is a ‘Lit from within’ type of finish and it leaves your skin looking super fresh.

Coverage: This foundation gives you medium coverage.

Skin types appropriate for this foundation: I’d say this foundation would probably appeal to normal-dry skin peeps. It doesn’t give you an intense glow that would put off those with combo/oily skin but if you’re really cautious about looking shiny, perhaps this foundation isn’t for you. If you’re like me and you only have oiliness in the t-zone, you can definitely make this foundation work for you.

Does it sit on the skin nicely? Nothing Irks me more than when a foundation sits awkwardly on the skin. That characteristic is the number one reason I will declutter a foundation. Now L’Oreal Paris foundation can be a sort of hit or miss for me. They do slightly sit on my skin funny and have a powdery finish, true match (even the new formula) was a fail for me, infallible stay fresh was the only foundation that looked non-powdery and super smooth on my skin. Pro glow, however, does slightly look a teeny tiny bit powdery on my skin but with a good setting spray and the fact that this foundation is glowy – I’m definitely able to make it work and have loved it. it definitely wins brownie points for me that it gives me a skin a glow but still lasts well compared to some of my other glowy foundations.

What are the undertones of this foundation? The foundation is definitely in the yellow toned family – but not insanely yellow-toned for those who have a more neutral tone to their skin.

Longevity: It lasts quite nicely on the skin, because it isn’t one of those foundations that leaves your skin with a ‘wet’ finish you don’t look like a grease ball 2 hours later. I always always pairs foundations with a primer, setting powder AND setting spray so they will always have an impact on its longevity but I can definitely tell this foundations wears very well throughout the day!

Application: I apply this with a dense synthetic foundation brush, whether its domed, flat-top or more rounded & fluffy shaped. Domed is my favourite and once everything is blended I quickly go in with the beauty blender and bounce it.

Packaging: This foundation came in a squeezy tube packaging.

Formula: The formula of this foundation is light-weight, hydrating without slipping and sliding over the face and a quick and easy foundation to blend out.

Finish: If I haven’t already mentioned it a billion times, this foundation has a glowy ‘lit from within’ type of finish, while still being natural and not lingering of the side of being a grease ball!

Pros: Gives your skin a natural and fresh glow, it’s a hydrating foundation, light-weight on the skin, wears well and is fairly affordable.

Cons: Shade range is limiting

Shade range: This foundation comes in 6 shades – not a whole lot but most drugstore foundations have a limited shade range.

Price: $27.95 AUD

How much product are you given?: You a given the standard amount of 30 mls

Availability: Priceline, Target, Adore beauty

Rating: 8/10

Overall thoughts: A lovely everyday foundation that really gives your complexion a beautiful boost and fresh/awaken look. Aside from the limited shade range it is an awesome foundation and the way it makes the skin appear, makes me give it 2 thumbs up!

Would I repurchase this?: A big maybe! But I recently heard it may be discontinued which is super sad. I may grab a backup just because it will stop being sold.

And that wraps up this foundation! Have you guys tried the L’Oreal Paris pro glow foundation or any of the L’Oreal Paris foundations? Which one did you try and what were your thoughts? Drop a comment, I love hearing from you guys! I hope you all have the best day and I’ll see you in the next post!

1. Charlotte

March 31, 2019 at 8:15 am

I love testing new foundations and this is one that I’ve been intrigued by for quite a while now. So glad you mentioned about the t-zone as mine can get really oily but no where else for me does.
    Charlotte / Charlotte’s Picks

March 31, 2019 at 9:57 am

Girl I highly reccomend the hourglass mineral veil primer! I’ve been using it over the last week and I’m shook. My t-zone always gets so oily and this primer has been a miracle.

2. Louise

March 31, 2019 at 9:48 am

I’ve always wanted to try this foundation, strange how they may discontinue! I think I might be the only one who loves loreal true match? I’ve never found a foundation that I love more even high end! Great review xx

Louise Loves Beauty

March 31, 2019 at 9:58 am

Yes, it’s been confirmed. They are most likely launching a new glowy foundation, they did this with pro glow – they launched it after discontinuing nude magique lumi.

3. Siobhán

March 31, 2019 at 10:31 am

I absolutely LOVE this foundation so I hope it isn’t discontinued! xx

Beautylymin

March 31, 2019 at 9:09 pm

They’ve confirmed that they will which is so sad.

4. Paula

March 31, 2019 at 7:30 pm

Love the sound of this foundation- shame about the shade selection though. I noticed that it comes in 12 shades here in the US, but that still likely isn’t enough to suit all skin tones. I really love L’Oreal’s True Match, but might try this one if I find it at my local drug store.

Paula | Thirteen Thoughts

March 31, 2019 at 9:10 pm

Yes the only foundation from L’Oreal that has a wide shade range is true match but realistically they should make every single foundation come in a wide range.

5. Emily

March 31, 2019 at 10:25 pm

I have resisted trying this foundation out for a long time because I am so oily. But I am sad to hear that this might be discontinued

April 1, 2019 at 3:22 am

I know fellow bloggers (on a beauty blender) with a more oily skin type who love this foundation. x

6. Hannah

March 31, 2019 at 10:30 pm

I used to love this foundation! This and the L’oreal True Match Lumi, but I haven’t worn them since going cruelty-free (hopefully one day L’oreal will head in that direction the way Cover Girl did)

Hannah the Mad Dog

April 1, 2019 at 3:23 am

Hopefully, it’s only a matter of time before there are more CF brands than non-CF

7. Claire El Chalouhi

April 1, 2019 at 1:38 am

i love this foundation ! l”oreal foundations work so well for me and now i am also loving the infallible 24h wear !

April 1, 2019 at 3:23 am

I love their infallible foundation as well, the only fail for me was true match. I couldn’t get it to sit right on my skin.

8. Lauren Victoria

April 1, 2019 at 11:43 am

I really want to try this foundation! Although I’ve not found an L’Oreal foundation that I like yet. I do adore a glow and radiant finish so I’m crossing my fingers for this one. I just wish it was more accessible in the UK. I loved your review as always xx

Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.co.uk

April 1, 2019 at 12:42 pm

Yes I get you, the true match foundation was a fail for me, I adore the infallible stay fresh and this one was in the middle. I love it, and how it’s glowy without being greasy but it is tricky to have it not look awkward.

9. Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

April 1, 2019 at 1:46 pm

I love this foundation, it’s so hydrating and glowy on the skin. I need to repurchase it.

Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

April 1, 2019 at 11:56 pm

They’re discontinuing it so I’d get back ups if I was you. x

10. Kate

April 2, 2019 at 6:02 pm

Sounds like a really nice foundation – a shame if they are discontinuing it! x

Kate Louise Blogs

April 2, 2019 at 10:26 pm

Hopefully they launch something better and similar. x