TheBalms ‘Meet Matte Trimony’ Eyeshadow Palette

Hey there you gorgeous humans! It’s time for a review and once again it’s time to tackle another one off Eyeshadow Mountain. Today’s one is a little different as it’s an all matte eye shadow palette – I don’t have a lot of those amongst my small ocean of eye shadow palettes. I guess I do have a little bit of self-control … I know I’m surprised too!

So enough chit chat, let’s get on with the review!

Shade selection: When I think of matte eye shadow palettes, I think of shades I’d wear in the crease. I hardly wear all matte eye looks as they don’t suit me well but I like to own a couple of matte palettes to have a wider reservoir of options for the crease. So I need my matte shadows to be neutral browns mostly and this palette has just that! Out of the 6 shades, 5 of them are brown (one being a reddish brown) and another one being a super cool toned (slightly eggplant toned) brown. Then there are two base shades that I use to set my eye shadow primer with and clean things up and one matte black shade. I don’t use black eye shadows as I’m pale with dark hair so with my limited eye shadow skills it can be easy to look like a panda! So the shade range of this palette for an all-matte palette is SPOT ON!

Row 1
Row 2
Row 3

Pigmentation: every shade – include the matte white/ matte pale pink shades which I use to set my eyeshadow primer with are very very pigmented!

Is there any fall out? There’s hardly any fall out, nothing to ruins your foundation and because the shadows are matte they don’t stick to your face if a tiny bit of fall out occurs – so they are easy to sweep away.

Do they blend well?: They blend very well, I love that they don’t give you an arm cramp with blending – nothing annoys me more than matte shadows that are stiff and don’t budge as soon as they make contact with the skin. The super soft and smooth nature of the shadows makes them a breeze to work with.

Finish of the shades: As the name of the palette suggests, every single shade is matte!

Availability: beauty next Australia, feel unique, adore beauty

Price: $45 AUD

Wearability: I use every shade except for the matte black. As I mentioned earlier I need a lot of brown toned options from an all matte palette and this definitely has that – 6 to be exact. This palette is definitely wearable for that reason and fulfils all my needs for shadow options in the crease / outer V. If you also love all matte eye looks, this palette will be super wearable for you.

Packaging: Thebalm’s packaging is always super cute and has a very vintage look to it. The outer packaging is made from cardboard and has the image of a handsome man in a tux, with the shade names, named after a male.

Pros: Every shade is wearable, pigmented and easy to work with. The pan size is quite large and the packaging is super cute.

Cons: It’s a pricey palette for only 9 eye shadows.

Rating:  8/10

Overall thoughts: I reach for this palette constantly and considering I’m a massive eye shadow palette hoarder – that says something. Everything I need for “crease” eye shadows is contained in this palette and it’s just super user friendly and awesome!

Would I repurchase? Potentially but I’m still on the fence as I’m strict with what eye shadow palettes I’ll be repurchasing as I constantly buy new ones AND with an all matte eye shadow palette – I don’t want to have too many of them.

And that wraps up this post! Have you guys tried out this palette? Are you into all matte eye shadow palettes? Drop a comment, I love hearing from you guys! I hope you all have a great day and I’ll see you shortly in the next post!

^ Disclaimer: This product was gifted to me for consideration. This is not a sponsored post and there are no affiliate links. Any links provided are solely there for convenience. All opinions are my own and 100% honest. I share with you guys my experience with beauty products, this does not make me an expert.

April 6, 2019 at 11:20 am

The shades in this palette are absolutely stunning!

April 6, 2019 at 11:50 am

I find myself reaching for it constantly, the shadows work beautifully. x

2. Deanna

April 6, 2019 at 1:08 pm

I think this would be a fab palette for individuals just getting into eyeshadow. It’s super versatile and like you said, can be combined with other palettes for more wearable looks. Beautiful review, as usual!

Deanna | luxandvitae.com

April 6, 2019 at 11:16 pm

Exactly and this paired with a few single shimmery eye shadow will set you for a multitude of eye looks. x

3. Nicole

April 6, 2019 at 8:32 pm

It looks so pretty. I’m really impressed by the swatches. I really love the look of it!

April 6, 2019 at 11:16 pm

Eye shadows from thebalm are so underrated, this palette is so lovely. x

4. Claire

April 7, 2019 at 1:56 am

such a beautiful palette! i love matte palettes and i like that this one doesn’t have fallout! As you said, it’s pricey but it’s so versatile!

April 7, 2019 at 5:42 am

I know, even though I don’t wear all matte eye looks I definitely prefer matte palettes over all shimmer

5. Khanak

April 7, 2019 at 1:53 pm

I think that the palette looks great, and would work as a lovely neutral matte palette or a companion palette, paired with more colour. Great post!

Khanak x

April 7, 2019 at 9:34 pm

I use all my matte palettes as companion palettes as I need shimmer on the lid but when constructing an eye look I definitely use more mattes, especially at the beginning.

6. Siobhán

April 7, 2019 at 3:22 pm

I love theBalm eyeshadows and this is no exception! Gorgeous shades xx

Beautylymin

April 7, 2019 at 9:34 pm

I need to try more of their products. x

7. Caroline

April 9, 2019 at 10:51 am

These look amazing! I had a palette from TheBalm ages ago and absolutely loved it, the pigmentation was seriously great for a drugstore palette. The one thing I did have a problem with is that the shades came off a different colour than they were in the pan, slightly more orangey but that could have potentially been just the palette I had! I am the same with eyeshadows, I rarely ever repurchase an entire palette, let alone singular eyeshadows but there are a couple that when you find and love them, you have to have!! xx

April 10, 2019 at 12:35 am

I’m starting to get more and more curious about thebalm makeup products. They have so many hidden gems.

8. jade bevan

April 9, 2019 at 12:14 pm

thanks for sharing! this eyeshadow looks amazing! love the colours!

Jadieegosh   Instagram

April 10, 2019 at 12:34 am

Thank you. x

9. Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

April 10, 2019 at 12:44 pm

This is a really pretty palette! I haven’t tried many products from The Balm.

Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

April 10, 2019 at 11:30 pm

I’m starting to get into this brand more and more. x

10. Charline Steuckers

April 10, 2019 at 9:55 pm

I love how you add the “would I repurchase it?” to an eyeshadow palette review, haha, how often do you use up an eyeshadow palette, realistically? Me: never 😀
    Sounds like an awesome palette, I owned the Meet Matt(e) Nude palette and enjoyed it for quite a bit, but ended up giving it away to a friend as it was just too cool toned for me… Loved the quality though!

Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

April 10, 2019 at 11:31 pm

Haha I am fully aware that it takes forever to finish a palette but it goes to show that despite how long it will take to use up the palette, would you still want it collection when you did finally run out of it. There are only a handful of palettes I’d say I’d definitely repurchase!

April 11, 2019 at 3:10 am

I have never tried theBalm palettes and I feel not many are talking about the brand anymore these days.

April 11, 2019 at 10:31 am

It’s definitely not talked about enough but I still adore the mary loumanizer highlighter and I definitely want to pick up more of their blushes.