Too Faced ‘Hangover’ Primer

Hi there my favourite bunch of people. Today’s review is about a product that I am pretty sure you have heard of. It’s one of those cult classics everyone seems to talk about. Now my opinion isn’t one of the “common” ones BUT you guys know how it is on here, we keep things real.

So let’s jump in and get started!

What does this primer promise? The Hangover primer by Too Faced promises to nourish, hydrate and brighten the skin in just one application! It also promises to make the skin look dewy and healthy – without excessive shine and your makeup goes on smoothly.

Does it deliver on its promise? This primer definitely amps up the hydration of your skin, I wouldn’t say it has a dewy finish but it does get your skin looking healthy and makeup sits much better on top!

Packaging?: It has a squeeze tube bottle with a pump applicator, so you don’t squeeze from the tube but rather press down on the pump.

Formula: The formula of this primer feels like that of a moisturizer but not a heavy one. It smells like coconut and makes the skin feel super soft and hydrated.

Does it aid in enhancing the longevity of your foundation? If you need lots of help when it comes to your makeup and foundation staying on, this primer alone won’t be enough. It doesn’t make you greasy or work against your foundation which is good.

Does it blur pores?: No, this primer isn’t designed in any way to blur your pores, you’d have to go in with a second primer for that.

Does the foundation sit well on top?: Yes! If your skin is feeling on the dry/blah side and you need to pump some life into it to get your foundation to cooperate – this primer works well at that. Foundation doesn’t look awkwardly and I find even the application of foundation is made easier with this primer.

Price: $46 AUD for the full size (40ml) and $22 AUD for the small size (20ml)

Availability: MECCA

How much product are you given: The full size is 40 ml of product, the travel size you get 30 ml

Pros: Hydrating and nourishing for the skin, isn’t too heavy, nifty packaging, doesn’t make your skin look greasy.

Cons: When paired with a more drying foundation – it isn’t hydrating enough. It can feel like a glorified moisturizer.

Rating: 7.5/10

Overall thoughts: I really do enjoy using this primer, it’s very hydrating and sits so well underneath my foundation. BUT while I am happy that I tried it and will use it up, I don’t find that it’s reached holy grail status for me. I do find it to be at times just a glorified moisturize – which is something many people refer to it is – so I can see where they are coming from. I have also recently discovered an incredibly affordable primer that is basically a dupe of this one at a fraction of the cost. So overall it’s a nice primer but I have others I like more.

Would I repurchase it?: No – for reasons mentioned above!

And that wraps up this review! Have you guys tried the infamous too faced hangover primer? What were your thoughts on it? Drop a comment and let’s have a chat! I hope you all have a great day and I’ll see you in the next post.

1. Siobhán

May 7, 2019 at 6:39 am

I really like this primer and the 3-in-1 setting spray/primer spray. I must repurchase xx

Beautylymin | L’Occitane Perfume Giveaway

May 7, 2019 at 12:07 pm

I preferred the setting spray over the primer

2. Jacob

May 7, 2019 at 9:16 am

The name tho, I will like to try it.
    I am yet to get my color of primer over here
    new post

May 7, 2019 at 12:06 pm

It’s definitely worth a try but with all the primers I’ve tried it isn’t one of my favourites.

3. Deanna

May 7, 2019 at 10:57 am

I haven’t tried this, but I’m eager to at some point. I love a moisturizing primer (I don’t usually go for pore fillers at all). Right now I’m using Stila’s One Step Correct which I’m enjoying.

Deanna | luxandvitae.com

May 7, 2019 at 12:09 pm

Moisturizing primers are definitely the best but ever since I delved into the land of high-end primers I have found so many good ones, I’ve definitely found high-end primers I prefer much over this one. I do use a little bit of “pore filling” in certain areas (when I remember haha).

4. Charlotte

May 7, 2019 at 6:35 pm

I’ve always liked the sound of this primer but really thinking about what I look for in a primer I always want it to do more than just hydrate which is why I’ve never bought it. Great review though
    Charlotte / Charlotte’s Picks

May 8, 2019 at 3:02 am

Yes, this, in particular, one does just feel like a glorified primer, there are better hydrating primers on the market.

5. Claire

May 7, 2019 at 8:15 pm

i like this primer but i agree with you that it’s dupable!

May 8, 2019 at 3:03 am

Definitely, it’s not one of those primers that is one of a kind

6. Hannah

May 8, 2019 at 2:03 pm

I love this primer, but I totally get where you’re coming from. I’m not picky with primers, and if its hydrating thats good enough for me haha xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

May 8, 2019 at 11:59 pm

I am more so picky with high-end primers and high-end makeup in general as with extra $$$ I expect holy grail status haha.

7. Jasmine

May 8, 2019 at 5:10 pm

Intrigued about this dupe! Though I do enjoy this, I can often get the hydration I need from my skincare

Jasmine xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

May 9, 2019 at 12:00 am

Hydration is definitely more useful out of skincare, though hydrating primers are handy for those stubborn foundations