Makeup Revolution ‘Conceal & Define’ Concealer | Proof that you don’t need to spend a lot of $$$ for a good concealer

It’s time for a concealer review and I wanted to talk about this little gem that gets a lot of hype and comparison to Tarte shape tape. Y’all know I don’t mess around when it comes to concealer for the under eyes so let’s jump straight in!

What are the claims of this product?

This concealer claims to be light-weight and long-wearing. It promises to counteract dark circles and cover up blemishes as well as adding definition for a smooth matte finish.

Do they deliver?

The concealer is definitely light-weight and quite easy to blend. It doesn’t cake up under the eyes but you definitely need to set it (let’s be real you’re a unique creature if you are able to get away with not setting your concealer). It does cover up dark circles nightly but I always go in with a corrector underneath with all concealers – so I can’t guarantee on its own it can do the trick.

Formula / coverage / Longevity?

It covers quite nicely but I do have other concealers in my collection with way more coverage. I do blend it with a damp beauty blender so that may have to do with it. For spot concealing, I’d say it wouldn’t blow you away if you required heavy-duty coverage for noticeable blemishes. Formula wise, the concealer is quite creamy, slightly thick but blends very easily. It sits under the eyes very well and doesn’t crease much (of course I immediately set my under eye area and I don’t apply too much concealer. The concealer lasts fairly well throughout the day. I don’t notice my under eye area looking like a hot mess, it looks fresh throughout the day and the concealer doesn’t fade or break apart.

Easy to use /How does it apply?

It applies and blends out so easily! I blend it out with a damp beauty blender and it literally blends out in 30 seconds, perfect for a quick and easy makeup look.

Is it similar to the Tarte shape tape concealer?

Aside from the packaging they aren’t very similar. There is a huge difference in coverage at least for me because my dark circles are intense. Also, the Tarte concealer is much thicker and you need to be careful when applying it and blending it. The revolution concealer blends easily in 2 seconds.

Shade range?

There are 50 shades of this concealer!

Packaging?

Small glass tube with a doe foot applicator.

How much does it cost?

Regular size – $8 AUD – The super-size is $14 AUD

How much product do you get?

The regular size is 4 ml but they have also launched this concealer in a super-size (yay!). you get 13 ml in the super-size.

Where to purchase it?

Priceline, Glam raider, Beauty Bay, Ulta, ASOS, Revolution site

Rating?

8.5/10

Who might not like this?

If you want bulletproof intense coverage, this may not wow you.

Overall thoughts?

This concealer is awesome! It may not be the best dupe for Tarte shape tape but when measuring it on its own, it’s an awesome concealer! It covers well, feels lovely under the eyes, and is super hydrating. I love how affordable this is because concealer is something I go through quickly and that shade range of theirs deserves a massive round of applause.

Would I recommend this to you / repurchase?

Yes and Yes! It’s definitely one I recommend you try and the good thing is that because of how affordable it is – it isn’t much of a gamble to try it out. When I do repurchase it, I will be picking it up in the super-size.

And that wraps up this review folks! Have you guys tried this hyped-up concealer? Have you tried the infamous Tarte shape tape concealer? Do you find the two to be comparable? Drop a comment and let me know! If you guys want me to do a dedicated post comparing the two side by side, let me know in the comments. I hope you all have a wonderful day and I’ll see you in the next post!

1. Jenna

January 15, 2021 at 11:40 pm

I love my drugstore concealer – so much cheaper than those high end brands too.
    Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin

January 16, 2021 at 8:09 pm

So many good ones out there too!

2. Katie

January 16, 2021 at 12:42 pm

I love this concealer! And I also really love the shade range!

Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

January 16, 2021 at 8:10 pm

I know right! That shade range is goals!

3. Danielle Beautyblog

January 17, 2021 at 4:52 pm

Haven’t tried it but loving the sound of it! So affordable too! xx

Danielle’s Beauty Blog

January 22, 2021 at 8:35 pm

It’s so lovely! x

4. Caroline Malone

January 17, 2021 at 7:06 pm

Now I love a concealer that isn’t too thick, personally I like mine to be medium coverage as then I can wear it either on it’s own or with a full face and it won’t look weird. I’ve been meaning to try this for ages! The price is always a good sign for me xx

January 22, 2021 at 8:37 pm

I need all the coverage under my eyes – My discoloration and dark circles are stubborn AF! Haha

5. The Exclusive Beauty Diary

January 25, 2021 at 4:47 pm

That concealer have such a beautiful packaging and I’m happy to hear that you like it so much. I need to check it. Thank you for review.

New Post – https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/01/hugo-boss-scent-private-accord-for-her.html

January 25, 2021 at 8:16 pm

I’m stoked because it’s a bargain but it works so well. x

6. Emilia

January 26, 2021 at 4:14 pm

This is one of my favourite concealers and I love this post!

January 29, 2021 at 8:40 pm

How good is it!

7. Simone

February 7, 2021 at 2:05 pm

I picked this one up last summer because I wanted to buy a cheap version for when I was tanned a bit (I knew I wasn’t going to empty it because my tan doesn’t last that long) and it actually surprised me! I definitely want to repurchase this one in the right shade for my pale skin!

February 12, 2021 at 8:05 pm

It’s so lovely isn’t it. I will say the makeup revolution 16 hr wear concealer has now taken over and become my prefrence, but this one is still good!

8. Milli Davison

February 16, 2021 at 3:50 pm

I love the hydrating version of this, perfect for these colder months! I wonder if they do the supersize in the hydrating one too, because i never want to be without it its definitely my favourite! Milli x – http://millidavison.co.uk/

February 19, 2021 at 8:58 pm

It’s in my concealer draw ready to test out but so far their 16 hour wear concealer has overtaken this one as my favourite.

9. Empties | 10 months’ worth (because my procrastination game is strong!) - The Makeup Aficionado

June 12, 2021 at 7:28 am

[…] A lovely concealer. It sits nicely under the eyes, covers well, doesn’t cake but since trying other makeup revolution concealers, I have others I prefer over this one. I have a few more backups to use up but I prefer their 16 hour wear concealer over this one so I won’t be repurchasing it anymore. |REVIEW| […]